Holden Astra

Holden Astra (page 3 of 13)

TS, AH, BK, etc...

• Features
  • Comfort

woodunn

woodunnHahndorf

Great low down grunt and good looking to boot

Good value top of the range hatch.
Plenty of power and smart traditional automatic.
Handles great around the Adelaide Hills and also on the open road.
Fantastic technology with DAB radio, Android Auto, Apple Carplay, self parking, heated seats..........
We found the seats in the R and RS too tight with the side bolsters however the RS-V with leather have a wider seat base and are very comfortable.
The lumbar support adjusts vertically and horizontally.
The only downside so far is it requires 95RON as a minimum.

BadgeRS-V
Date PurchasedJan 2017
BP93

BP93Brisbane

Simplicity at its finest!

BadgeR
Date PurchasedAug 2017

Pretty good

The engine is little small, but pretty economic. The interior are really good. I am very enjoy when I drive the car. Nothing have problem. It is a good first car. I guess. I would recommend this car probably. Running cost is not too high. The reliability is good. I guess I would have this car for a while.

BadgeCDX
Engine Size1.8L Petrol
Date PurchasedSep 2011

Austin

Austin

Great value

The driving experience is smooth and fun. Hardly can hear any noise while driving. The insulation does a fantastic job. The ergonomics is perfect for a first car buyer like me. However, lots of cheap plastic in the cabin which makes the quality a bit nasty. Overall a very good first car.

BadgeTurbo
Date PurchasedJan 2018

Awesome car when in function...

Why does my astra 05 sedan. TS model
Thump into reverse also thump into drive selection and yet the motor runs and sounds normal.However when in drive car does not want to preform like every other day... trans oil check
Engine oil check. Battery check.. may it be a sensor fault.. car starts fine. Need advice plz
Thanks... Sonya perth...

Badge(No Badge)
Date PurchasedJun 2010
Bones269

Bones269Belmont

Good reliable drive

Picked up our 05 Astra Bertone Convertible a few years ago and its been a very reliable drive. They are a good handling car with low outside noise and plenty of cabin room front and back. With the top down the radio increases and decreases volume as needed to compensate for the extra ambient noise. The only real negative is the size of the sunshield being to small to really make much of a difference.

BodyConvertible
BadgeBertone
Date PurchasedOct 2016
Dean

DeanSafety Bay, WA

Great car. Love it!

Nice smooth drive, really love its fuel efficiency. Yes to take it for a country trip but can’t wait to go do. Apple Car Play very handy and heaps of information comes from the onboard computer. No regrets at all about my purchase. Will buy an Astra again once my 5-year warranty runs out.

BadgeR Auto
Pierre

PierreGold Coast

Love it! VXR is a beast!

This car is an absolute weapon. The little 2.0L turbo engine is amazing. I've owned my Astra VXR for over a year now after purchasing it new and I've not had a single complaint except maybe the fuel economy. Smiles per miles I tell myself when driving this car because you don't even think about fuel economy while driving this beast.

BadgeVXR
Date PurchasedOct 2016
warytravelly

warytravellyPerth, WA

Good ride for the price

The astra 1.4 sports hatch is comfortable to drive with an average economy which should be better. In saying this it looks good and well featured for the cost. The integrated handsfree works well and tends to fade a bit with varying noise levels. Overall with a 7 year new car warranty I can't complain

Badge(No Badge)
Date PurchasedNov 2017

Phill Perry

Phill PerryQLD, 4053

Excellent!!

Fantastic car. I purchased the RSV with touring pack. Comes with a huge amount of features, drives like it's on rails and the 1.6 turbo is just perfect. I love the remote start and parking assist. The car needs no extras other than mats and tinting. Oh and it looks great!

BadgeRSV
Date PurchasedNov 2017
gori

goriAdelaide

Not a Bad for safety

Saved my life in a massive car accident, thank god airbags worked. It was very unfortunate incident, although I believe mechanically this car wasnt A-one but m more happy to be alive. at the time of purchase it felt like a very strong carand reliable too but later iit gave me a little issues

BadgeCD
Date PurchasedMay 2003
jess

jesstoowoomba

this is a great car need some ideas too get it fixed

I have not driven the car but would love too have my beautiful car on the road. And I need a bit of help to make this hapoen. My car has some sort of problem it won't kick over and it need a water pump replacement would this have anything too do with it.

BadgeVXR
Date PurchasedSep 2017
Sarah

SarahBrisbane

Love my astra

I've always owned a Holden car and this won't change. I recently upgraded from my old astra and this new one certainly doesn't disappoint. The running costs are minimum as its great on petrol. I love all the new dashboard gadgets and gizmos. Its also roomier than it looks from the outside. Very happy.

Badge60th Anniversary
Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Margaret

MargaretRuse

Perfect little beautiful vehicle

I find my Holden Astra GTC handles well for short and long distance, fantastic on petrol for my long distance travels.
I love the little red lights and the layout of the dash, I would just like something on the dash to tell me what gear I am in.
My car is only just 2 years old and had never had a issues. The services are quite reasonable which has allowed me to pay off my loan earlier.

BodyCoupe
BadgeGTC
Date PurchasedAug 2015
John

JohnAdelaide

12 Years trouble free

Really loved my 2.2 Sri. Had a punchy engine that got upto speed quick. Gear box was smooth but clutch seemed a bit on the touchy side. In my ownership i never had problem and thought the car was well put together. The only problem i had was with the rear wing, you lost a lot of vision from behind with it.

BadgeSRi

BadgeCity
Engine Size1.8L Petrol
Date PurchasedSep 2012

Puss car

Was bad would not reccomed don't not buy very pricey in parts and Labour over all bad experience I have a car that won't start after timing belt was replaced and now car won't start if anyone is looking can I plz have some answers if possible thanks in advance

BadgeCDTI
Date PurchasedMay 2003
chuck

chuckSouth East Queensland, QLD

even better than the cruze

this is probably the best car I have owned. it is so responsive through the gears that you don't want to get out of it. the electronics are amazing and overall a great car. the only fault I could put on it is that it offers so much in the way of extras it will take me a while to get used to all of them

BadgeCDXi
Date PurchasedMar 2017
peteyman

peteymanMelbourne

Great car!

Have had my new Astra RS-V for about eight weeks now and love it! Zippy around town and feels very capable on longer drives as well, did the drive up to Canberra last weekend and barely felt it. Great handling, very settled drive & a nice tight, sporty feel which is a step up from my old Cruze which this replaced. Also really like Carplay but I know that's not unique to the Astra.

BadgeRS-V

perfect

performance is really really good handling is really perfect not too too much noise though
I really like the interior including dashboard and legroom and etc
the car is really really reliable to my point of view and the running cost for mine is 7.7 petrol per 100 kilo metres

Badgers

Suzi

Suziasked

Hi can anyone please help me , my thermo fan isn’t working and my engine light came on but. I got it to my mechanics only able to get to 40 clicks as wouldn’t excelerate past this. My mechanic said it is the high pressure fuel pump , but now I’m wondering if it’s not that the car not get enough pressure for fuel but the computer side of it won’t allow it as the thermo fan not working . I seriously need some wisdom as this is costing me a fortune . Thankyou in advance for any ideas

Dariodar

Have you had an ecu scan? Any fault codes?...start from there...supercheap offer diagnostics scans at reasonable price too

Daniel F.

Daniel F.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

Oil leak not sure where it's coming from and heaters don't work changed thermostat was $130 didn't fix problem

Dariodar

Coolant system flushing and bleeding needed?heater matrix and radiator to be flushed separetly if possible before replacing the coolant and bleeded properly...
Thermostat stuck open?does the car reach operating temperature?thermofan continuosly on?faulty clogged heater matrix?temperature cable selector not working properly?
Just an opinion

Suzanne M.

Suzanne M.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

After preparing the fuel pump in a Holden Astra TS how do I put the back seat back in

Get an answer from our members and Holden representatives