Holden Astra

Holden Astra (page 4 of 13)

TS, AH, BK, etc...

See the Best Cars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Robert

Robert

Very Happy

Recently purchased an Astra RSV and absolutely love it. This car ticks all the boxes for me (particularly with the 147kw engine) and is a pleasure to drive. It's comfortable and has all the safety and comfort features that I require. The car handles well and the bonus of 5 years warranty and three years free servicing is a plus. Holden has a winner with this car!

BadgeRSV
Date PurchasedJun 2017

Best of 10 cars I ever owned

Amazing handling like a sports car -solid build throughout- pretty reliable over 10 years - large boot space -perfect dimension vehicle and perfect size for parking - good road-holding dynamics -running costs fair- easily accessible engine- had to replace electric window control, boot lid struts and plastic coolant bottle in engine after nine years.

BodyWagon
Date PurchasedJun 2007

Jasonoze

JasonozePerth, Western Australia

Great Smart Car

The driving experience is awesome. It didn't take long to get used to the car turning the engine off when stationary.
Car is very comfortable with a lot of tech and smart capabilities.
Running costs are very efficient and can afford to but PULP as it travels longer than most sedans.
So happy with the latest offerings from Holden too.

BodySedan
BadgeSR
Date PurchasedMay 2017
Naomi

NaomiSydney

Great car

Car is great
Reliable...zippy...good fuel economy
After time the interior door panels came loose.
The colour and exterior has withstood the elements well.
Strangely the clutch and brake pedals feel incredibly close together and I would prefer it had some cup holders. But generally a gregreat car. Although a manual car in the city can be tough going in the traffic.

Engine Size1.9L Turbo-Diesel
Date PurchasedMar 2007

emma.w

emma.wMelbourne

Reliable, zippy and attractive model

Date PurchasedNov 2016

jawd

jawdAU

Excellent Car

Recently purchased an Astra RSV and could not be happier. Powerful turbo engine yet economical. Very stylish dash with everything at your finger tips. One of the things that stood out is how well the car handles and steers which is an improvement over the Hyundai i30. Quiet inside and love the safety kit together with adaptive cruise control. Car came with free servicing for 3 years and 5 year warranty. Never considered a Holden before but the Astra is a gem!

BadgeRSV
Engine Size1.6L Turbo Petrol
Date PurchasedMar 2017

snapback

snapback

Generally good, but problems appear with age

Date PurchasedApr 2002

Sandra

SandraDalwallinu

Best little car I have ever driven.

Bought our Astra2005 new . Best little car ever. Handles like a dream seems to hug the road . Best fuel consumption I have ever had. Only issue is the paint work is now getting sunburnt and patchy

Date PurchasedMay 2015

maximusthrashamus

maximusthrashamusnsw, 2044

the wild woman of street cars

BadgeVXR
Engine Size2.0L Turbo Petrol
Date PurchasedOct 2016
Nic Mc

Nic Mc

Absolutely impressed & exceptional safety!

The 2017 Astra R driving experience is 10/10. For a small car, the performance puts the vehicle in front of all other small-medium car options with the other standard features an added bonus. During front impact the Astra proved significantly sturdy and prevented harsh impact on the driver & passengers.
The interior is stylish, sleek and classy and the Apple/Android car play increases the driving pleasure.
The Astra R fuel economy and other running cost are minimial and overall a high five to Holden for this excellent car!

BadgeR
Engine Size1.4 Turbo petrol
Date PurchasedJan 2017

Brock

BrockBrisbane

This is a well made car. Did really well in my crash.

We brought a new Holden Astra R hatch & had it for two weeks when I was driving through an intersection with a green traffic light & another vehicle traveling the opposite direction ran a red turn arrow & run straight into the front end of my vehicle. I didn't even have time to brake, I struck this other vehicle at about 60 km/h. The airbags went off & the vehicle came to an immediate stop. The front end folded as it's meant to do to keep me safe. I was able to get out of the car with no injuries. I was very impressed with how well the car did in my crash. The car is a write off & we are waiting for our new Astra to arrive.

BadgeR
Engine Size1.4
Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great car, sweet to drive

I loved this car. Been very reliable and is a sweet car to drive, I loved it so much. Purchased second hand, was my very first car. Had a Holden Astra 2003 Manual. I found it easy to drive, changing gears was pretty easy to learn in and I felt very safe driving it. Great for learners or first car or just a round around. I wouldn't say it is the best for doing long distances, but still goes pretty strong witj no issues!
Have had no major issues apart from replacing the starter motor which was fairly cheap, otherwise I seriously had no problems!! It was my pride and joy, handles pretty well. The only thing was the air-con was pretty dodgy and got hot, but otherwise was great.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Ok car

Bought second hand 2009 model in 2012 done 57,000K

Run like dream until 2016 at 100,000K. I am a light user

Last year, It has timing belt replace in Jun, air conditioner replace in November. I feel costly then

Other than that it is just fine , I have tyres replaced, always stick to service plan.

So far so good. hope there won't be any major job in the near future.

Date PurchasedSep 2012

Hobart

HobartHobart

Coil pack misfire

Bought it in early 2011 in Pickle Aution OD: 41000km, running very well for small car, happy with the fuel consumption. full tank 42-45L can run 520 - 560km.

2015 found it engine misfire, change the coil pack at Motors, cost around $600 and fixed problem.

2016 replace new battery.

Will keep this car till new born baby arrive, thinking to upgrade to SUV or bigger family car.

Date PurchasedApr 2011

Nitro

NitroMelbourne

Great car and hard to find any comparative with half the options..

CDX Coupe! great looking car 2006 even now still looks modern and drives like new.

Many features even in high end luxury cars don't match. eg. both front seats are fully adjustable for high AND tilt!

No issues at all.

Great car and no issues. would be perfect if rear suspension was independent and had a toe adjustment but for the price and at the time it was the best.

BodyCoupe
Date PurchasedApr 2006

Worst car of all award goes to Astra

Worst car of all. Coolant started leaking just at 70000km and again at 120000k, head gasket failed at 150000K, Transmission failed at 160000K, now at 170000k engine has starting misfiring. Had to change front wheel bearings, power window motor, sway bar links. Should have gone for Japanese car.

Dealers were worse then the car itself. Rear Power window weren't working so went it to have it checked. Dealer said we need to replace the electric motor cost estimate ($900). The best part was that I had already checked and the motor was working fine, it was the window regulator that was broken cost estimate ($50). Bought it over ebay and fixed it myself rather get duped for $900. What a farce.

Date PurchasedMar 2005

JJm

JJmSydney, NSW

Bottomless money pit.

Had this car for four years. Performed the required services but alas, the problems continued to mount. Two ecu's, two coils packs, brake rotors and pads not lasting, engine overheating and doing the head. Thousands of dollars and mechanics who haven't a clue how to diagnose a problem, I've had enough. The car has gone into limp mode again because it is misfiring. Time for another car.

BadgeCity

Bullet dodger

Bullet dodgerVictoria

Happy customer

12 years of ownership

Karz

KarzSydney

Don't buy this car !!! Nothing but trouble

I brought a 2000 Holden Astra it did last me only 5 years but during that time every 6 months something would go it cost so much money to fix and most mechanic can never fix the problem it lacked guts very slow take off , the car shook every-time I stopped or it would turn of on hills , then got that fixed other things went wrong the radio would be so loud every time I turned the car on even tho I never turned it up , oil light would stay on even tho there was no oil leaks and always oil in it faulty dash lights!
I would never ever buy this car again nothing but trouble
The only thing I like it just got me from a to b just .

BodySedan