TS, AH, BK, etc...
See the Best Cars in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Holden? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Features

My ownership experience

Purchased in June 2017.

ASTRA PROBLEMS

I have had noting but problems with my BK Astra Has only done 25,000 klms. Water level topped up at every service, Blind spot mirrors warning coming on together, Vibration on gear changes ,Irregular gear changes, Red warning light keeps coming on for no reason. Evaporative solenoid replaced.
Never will I buy another Astra/ Holden

Purchased in June 2017 for $29,000.00.

Ngoc Nam Nguyen
Ngoc Nam NguyenSydney

Emission and TCS light always on, pressing gas takes long time to increase speed and noisy engine

Hi, I just bought an old car and just recently it has some problems:
* Emission and TCS light always on
* Whenever speed back to 0 (red light, traffic), pressing gas takes long time to increase speed
* Engine has a weird noise

Can someone please help and let me know what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedApr 2007
Cee
CeeAdelaide

Better now Holden dont touch it

BadgeCDX

our-latest-expert-car-reviews
philip kerr
philip kerrbrisbane

No help given

Reported that my dash panel not working eg temp fuel and speedo not working I was told to see a auto electrician I have already done that I was looking for advice of what was wrong with electric system not to contact auto electrician that was no help at all

BodySedan
BadgeCD Classic
Engine Size1.8L Petrol
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedApr 2016
Dianne
DianneSouthwest, VIC

Holden Astra 2005

Bought the car in Feb 2006 new from the dealer has only done 40,000k, the paintwork is now shocking. I have 2 lines down the roof where the paint has faded and peeled off, this is also starting to happen on the boot and bonnet. Holdens Customer Care response (once they saw the cost of the repairs) is that this is sun damage and its an old car !! Really? We have a 15yr old Pajero with no such fading or chipping......but what do Holden care, they have my money now and can hide behind the 'out of warranty' statement. Would never buy another as clearly the paint is not up to the climate the car is being sold in.

Michael012
Michael012Melbourne

Great to drive but not to own!

Engine Size1.8L
BadgeCD
Angela
AngelaSydney

Problems Galore

My 2008 Astra is second hand first couple years it was fine and around 2 years ago the problems started. It suddenly went dead while driving home TWICE, engine problems, warning lights coming on for no reason, and recently speaking from somewhere my son thinks it might be the suspension.
Big boot, good braking nice sized car.
Everything that isn't the inside of the car

SaraPort macquarie

Engine Size1.8
Tammie69
Tammie69Mackay, Queensland

Electronics!

Was a great car when i first purchased the cdx 2dr astra coupe 2007 model, second hand 30000km. Then the problems commenced. In four years I have had two batteries, two water pumps, no horn function, coolant sensor fault, looses idle (auto), failed to start on many occasions (starter motor/alternator/key barrell). All i get told at the mechanics is I bought an astra!
quick, compact car - suited me when i first got my licence
Electronics, or motor!

Engine Size1.8L
BodyCoupe

Asera 2002 1.8 ltr

Having owned this car for 3 weeks I bought it second hand ,big mistake .changed the battery in the remote control ,As only 1 key worked .now .car turns over but wont start have had auto eletrician here for 4 days on and off trying to reprogram the car ,biggest piece of rubbish Ive owned since the 1998 Landrover freelander .both cars designers should have there engineers strung up and whipped.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The stupid computers designed to make people money, unworkable ,

Engine Size1.8 ltr
BodyHatch

Roof problems hard to fix

I have had a 2008 hard top. They are very heavy however my biggest disappointment is my roo stopped working. Holden can't fix it! I have taken it to one place who spent five hours on it they can't work it out. Then they said to go to another dealer, how hard can it be?

BodyConvertible
Sara

If you have the small wing replaced it should work again mine stopped and it was the motors in the wings that had too much play

Robert2121