TS, AH, BK, etc...
See the Best Cars in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Holden? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features
David J.
David J.Sydney, NSW

Back up service under warranty is disgusting

Our Astra with less than 60 000kms on the clock and still under new car warranty had an orange light pop up saying ESC on the dash. So I rang Col Crawford who were great. I got the car in straight away only to be told that the car needed pistons and rings. Not a problem, I understand that, but the problem is that it took me 4 phone calls, an hour of my time each time and threatening that my solicitor said to send them the bills for a hire car to finally get a replacement car while they try and find pistons which they have no time frame on. Be wary if you plan on buying a Holden.

Purchased in July 2018 at Col Crawford for $14,500.00.

Troy
TroySydney, NSW

A car from Germany with excellent design and engineering and SH$% Build quality!

BodyWagon
BadgeCD
Date PurchasedJan 2016
BBBrisbane
BBBrisbaneQLD, 4101

Ok for the price, especially being a convertible

There are not many convertible 4 seater cars in the market for the price of an Astra. convertible roofs are complex and prone to faults. Astra is not exception. but finding parts for this car is easy in Australia.
My car had these issues since owning it:
- roof stopped working. busted hydraulic pipe cost around 1k to fix
- leaking engine once from rocker gasket and once from oil pressure sensor
- wheel hub and screws and nuts needed replacements
- shock absorbents needed replacement

lots of issues for a car done just 130k. but still cheaper than trying to buy a let's say golf convertible.

BodyConvertible
BadgeBertone
Date PurchasedSept 2017

Tai
TaiSouth Australia

Pretty good

The engine is little small, but pretty economic. The interior are really good. I am very enjoy when I drive the car. Nothing have problem. It is a good first car. I guess. I would recommend this car probably. Running cost is not too high. The reliability is good. I guess I would have this car for a while.

BodySedan
Date PurchasedSept 2011

Ok car

Bought second hand 2009 model in 2012 done 57,000K

Run like dream until 2016 at 100,000K. I am a light user

Last year, It has timing belt replace in Jun, air conditioner replace in November. I feel costly then

Other than that it is just fine , I have tyres replaced, always stick to service plan.

So far so good. hope there won't be any major job in the near future.

BadgeCD
Date PurchasedSept 2012

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews

Alternator

Today I got replaced an alternator (new) and cost me 620 AUD dollar (400 for alternator and for fitting it with its supply is 220) moreover I asked for second hand alternator to get it fixed but he said me there wouldn't any warranty on that. I was just wondering either it was really($) that expensive for astra TS 2004 HATCHBACK or mechanic ripped me off. The reason I got it done was my car was acting up for 2 days as it was showing engine, sport (s), emission sing on dashboard moreover after getting start its steering used to get harder than harder after 30 second, at the end I would ask anyone here with same problem or similar bit. Thanks!

BadgeCD Classic
monkey
monkeySydney

ripoff

nothing but problems timming belt cost 2000 what do I do fix it our replace engine can anyone help I like to now what the best opion is or anyone now any machines who cheap fair or might have a payment plan if any one can help please get back

Traction control light problems

while driving our holden astra the traction light comes on the car loses all power we need to roll the car to the side of the road turn the engine off wait a few minutes start the car again only for it to happen within 10 minutes later, a few mechanics have told us there is nothing wrong with the car, we are scared to drive this car in traffic and at high speeds as I feel my family's safety is at risk . any advise on this problem would be appreciated.

Badge(No Badge)
Ellejay
EllejaySydney

Reliable, but bad paint work

Find out how Holden Astra compares to other Cars

Astra 1.8 CD 2001 Speeedo intermittant - Anyone know why?

We have driven our Astra from 140,000km -197,000 but gave up when the speedo became intermittant then stopped all together. Air con never worked. ABS light came on (and stayed on). Great little s/wagon to drive but reading all the bad wrap am not keen to spend more money on one....

BodyWagon
Adrian
AdrianPerth, WA

OK but Astranomically Expensive

Engine Size1.8L
BadgeCity
smallcar lover
smallcar loverMELBOURNE

Fuel efficient, but has its issues

Still not sure...

Astra cd 2000 Olympic edition

Engine SizeFour. Cilinder
PrincessChunx
PrincessChunxMelbourne

Not impressed with this good-looking car

BodyConvertible