Holden Astra

Holden Astra (page 2 of 2)

TS, AH, BK, etc...

• Comfort
  • Features
Scientriffic

ScientrifficAU

Satisfied with car overall but have some serious concerns about Holden

Mandy00
Mandy00

BodyConvertible
Jan30
Jan30

I have enjoyed my Astra convertible for over 10 years. Have had no problems at all except that the LED display is breaking up and almost unreadable, Looking for an economical way to get it fixed. Any ideas welcome

c_james

c_jamesAU

Alright

Good little car to have in the city. I have been happy with fuel consumption, handling, etc. Plus it is quite roomy inside for such a compact vehicle. Getting it serviced at the holden dealership is, of course, not the best idea. Rediculously expensive and two weeks later there were a lot of issues with the 'new' battery'. I had it looked at by a local mechanic and it seems to be fine now.
fuel effecient, compact, good handling
Servicing problems

Transmissionauto
Sarah 50
Sarah 50

Just wondering what I could do I have a astra and my ignition barrel had broke so I have replaced it and my car still will not start do you no what it mite be

Cars

BodyWagon
ajayvius

ajayvius

OK

The Holden Astra is a small sized car and only suitable for a couple of people in the front and small people in the back. There isn't all that much rear leg room nor is there all that much space in the boot. The car is quite well styled and peforms quite well. It stays on the road quite well. The seats are bucket type and can be a bit uncomfortable if you are sitting down for an extended period of time. Overall this is quite a reasonable vehicle to get around in.
Good fuel consumption and zippy car.
Uncomfortable seats.

Laura0505

Laura0505NORTH SYDNEY

Not a bad car

Its not too bad. Good for a small car as its a bit bigger and has a bit more detail. Looking forward to a new car though. Previous owner had timing replaced before i bought it, so i hope thats true. Indicators can get annoying. Head light covers have gone cloudy from sun damage i think.
Good quality for price, looks good, ok to drive, cheap insurance and rego and fuel
No cup holders, seat uncomfortable, fuel gauge out - ran out of fuel twice when it said i still had fuel left, interior light came on one day and wouldnt turn off had to take bulbs out! if i have a bag on the front seat the no seatbelt alarm will go off, theres an awfiul engine rattle im scard about, powerless, head lights are dull.

Engine SizeCdx
TransmissionManual
Antoco

AntocoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

OK

I had to get into the car of a customer and what was it? A 2008 Astra hatch and I couldn't believe it when he told me that the car's reverse gear wasn't working at all. I had to go in the car and steer, I was disgusted that this could be a problem with a new car. Drive a Ford focus and it hasn't had any issues so far with it. I always thought that Astras were decent cars but after seeing this I'm not so sure.
Unsure at this stage.
The reverse in the manual version didn't work.

Tracie.E

Tracie.EAU

OK

Overall we like this car. We bought it second hand last year (it's a 2006) and haven't had any problems with it so far. I've owned many different makes and models of cars over the years, and this one is just as good as any of them. It's not a luxury car, but it drives smoothly, it's reliable, and there's plenty of room for our kayaks on top and bicycles and camping gear in the boot.
Roomy and reliable. We drive very long distances in this car and it serves us well.
No cup holders, no input for my mp3 player.

BodyWagon
remembrance

remembrance

Cars

Find out how Holden Astra compares to other Cars

Speedracervl

Speedracervl

OK

Over all I'd say its a good car but I hope nothing else major breaks or wears out anytime soon as replacement parts are relatively pricey.
I have an 02 Astra Hatch. The car is comfortable and is smoothe to drive. Good power and tows a 6ftx4ft trailer loaded up really well.
Maintence costs have been high for me, at 120,000kms I've had to replace all 4 discs (common with Astras) and the water pump just went despite keeping up the maintence on the coolant. I have owned the car from around the 75,000kms mark and service books indicate it has always been serviced by a Holden Dealer. There are rattling noises coming from the engine which I have been told is the idler pulley for the A/C.

OK

We have been happy overall with the car except for the A/C problems and the customer service or lack of for that matter from Robina Holden. The car has a terrible reputation with mechanics, don't think i'd buy one again though.
We bought a 2001 CD model brand new and found it to be quite responsive for a 4 cylinder vehicle, it handles & corners well and is quiet and quite economic on fuel.
The air-conditioning system went almost at the end of the 3 year warranty, that was repaired by Holden. It went again 9 months later and we got lumbered with a $1200 repair bill. It went again 2 years later and cost another $700 to repair. Yes you guessed it the A/C went again this month although it was fixed for a low cost.

Haley C.

Haley C.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

My speedometer is not working on my Holden Astra TS series 2004 what is the problem with it.

Michael R.asked

Astra AH (2004-2009)

Hi i have 2008 astra automatic and sometimes the car wont start until i tap the gear shift lever. When it dosent start the electrics come on, it just wont turn over. No warning light come either. Any ideas?

Pandie
Pandie

The gear shift handle isn't quite closing the circuit to allow start. It's just a fraction of a millimetre out of alignment. Not worth fixing.
Just keep tapping it when it won't start.
No biggie.

Michael R.

Thanks mate. Sometimes it wint start at all and it takes 10 minutes of back n forth etc. I also want to get rid of it and not irritate the next owner.

Roy W.

Roy W.asked

Astra AH (2004-2009)

Hi, 2005 Holden Astra CD AH Automatic, seems to be try to take off in 3rd or 4th. I change it manually and it runs fine. Occasionally All the gear selection lights All light up when selecting gears . There are No noises or gear slip. It has derated a few times, won't go over 80 kph, and won't go over 30 kph. Shut it down for 10 minutes and it starts and runs fine again. Cheers Roy

Compare all 17 Holden Astra
Fuel Consumption6.1 L/100km6.1 L/100km6.1 L/100km6.5 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 48 L48 L48 L48 L
Engine4 Cylinder 1.4L4 Cylinder 1.4L4 Cylinder 1.4L4 Cylinder 1.6L
Max Power110kW @ 6500rpm110kW @ 6500rpm110kW @ 6500rpm147kW @ 5500rpm
Max Torque240Nm @ 2000-4000rpm240Nm @ 2000-4000rpm240Nm @ 2000-4000rpm280Nm @ 1650-3500rpm
Country of ManufactureSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaPoland
Safety Features
  • Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
  • Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
  • Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
  • Forward Collision Warning
  • Keyless Entry
  • Power Steering
  • USB Port
  • Voice Control
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2016