Holden Captiva CG LTZ
Part of Holden Captiva 2.8

Holden Captiva CG LTZ (2006-2018)

Holden Captiva CG LTZ

Performance
Design
Mumma88Central Queensland, QLD8 posts

Okay, not great

We bought our Holden Captiva Ltz brand new in 2014. It fits the 3 car seats in the back easily and has a decent size boot. It’s been a nice comfortable car to drive.

The car is used everyday for the school run and grocery shopping. It uses 18-20l per 100km, doesn’t come close to holden’s advertised fuel consumption.

The car has always been serviced on time through Holden and hasn’t had any major problems. Show details

Overall
Noise Level
Performance
Design
Minder
MinderGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC7 posts

Great Captiva

Despite what some people have said I love my 2018 LTZ Captiva 7. The leather trim, and just the size of the car feels great. I average about 450 kms per week and driving this car is so comfortable doing these trips to and from work and I really appreciate the reasonable price. The car has everything I could ever want and this car really does not deserve the reputation it has. There is definitely nothing wrong with the V6 model and the ones that I know that have the same model love them also. The only downside is the fuel consumption, but it is a V6 after all.

Samar
Samar7 posts

Love this car

Love this car , although the boot is small but sometimes I like the fact that it isn’t so big, when you have a 7 seater you think you will be driving around a bus but this car is great all the features I love without the extreme price tag and the interior trims are beautiful.

Kath
Kath

This car is perfect

The captivas are amazing.we just love it .It has everything you need plus more.Goes great no problems.has a lot of power. Steering is great .good fuel consumption. looks very classy inside and out.we cant talk our car up enough.Its a shame there now obsolete and it's a shame to hear all the negativity on the captivas.theres mixed reviews on every car you Google. Give the captivas a break there truly great cars with all the extras at a lower cost compared to other new SUVs

Sara
SaraCanberra50 posts

Love this car

Have bought a Captiva despite its reputation and after doing my homework. Love this car! It’s comfortable and great value. Leather seats, good sound system, easy to use 7 seven. Just a great functional family car and so far so good with Holden servicing. Courtesy car and free coffee and capped price.

LMAK
LMAKMelbourne2 posts
Jimmy22
Jimmy22Sydney, NSW8 posts

The worst car ever made

This car has broken down on me 5 times in the 3 years we have owned it since new. Both the grab handles in the front passenger seat and the rear drivers side seat have been broken from people holding onto them. And not even holding on hard!!! The build is terrible the quality is garbage. I would never buy another holden ever again.

michael.thorley.33
michael.thorley.33South East Queensland, QLD7 posts

2015 captiva 7 diesel LTZ

overall have been happy with car to date ,came with 5 year wty, 55.000 km front end has to be removed control arm bushings worn out at 55.000km covered by warranty if you buy one out of warranty id be visiting pedders , live and learn they used poor quality rubber bushings, battery died at 24months and all four tyres required replacement also at 55000km no other issues to date,

LovetheAccord
LovetheAccordGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC10 posts
DjMrki
DjMrkiAdelaide9 posts

BEST OF THE BEST

It's very good car I like my options and sunruf leather radio navigation system camera when someone trying to run away from police and all of the things it's on it but it is very very comfortable to drive and very quite on the road lots of space in back and boot

Pete
PeteAU22 posts
Sam
Sam7 posts

Rubbish

Holden need a class action Brought against them. Hey had my car for months and still it's no better. It needs a turbo and a gear box at least. The failed to carry out a safety recall, but told us other wise and our car caught fire. If anyone can help me with a case, comment.

peter C.
peter C. · CG LTZ (2006-2018)

Hello there we have 2016 ltz diesel and have just cleaned the throttle body cleared the code and a couple of drives the code comes up again am I up for a new one or is there other contributing factors thanks

Adam
Adam · CG LTZ (2006-2018)

I have a vibration and noise when turning sharply at low speed around the rear diff area. 2016 LTZ, Any ideas

Ness
Ness · CG LTZ (2006-2018)

when I put my foot down on the exhilaration pedal it makes a noise like a electrical toy car but when I take my foot off it goes away? its only when im driveing not when im in park it's like a zing noise. is it the turbo?

Rhys J
Rhys J

Hi Ness, did you sort the problem, it sounds like the noise mine has just started making

Compare all Holden Captiva listings
CategoryLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVs
Starting Price $41,490$43,490$42,490$38,490
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypeDiesel and PetrolDiesel and PetrolDiesel and PetrolDiesel and Petrol
Wheels19" Alloy19" Alloy19" Alloy18" Alloy
Fuel Consumption8.5 L/100km10.1 L/100km10.1 L/100km10.1 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 65 L65 L65 L65 L
Engine4 Cylinder 2.2L6 Cylinder 3.0L6 Cylinder 3.0L6 Cylinder 3.0L
Max Power135kW @ 3800rpm190kW @ 6900rpm190kW @ 6900rpm190kW @ 6900rpm
Max Torque400Nm @ 1750-2750rpm288Nm @ 5800rpm288Nm @ 5800rpm288Nm @ 5800rpm
Country of ManufactureSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth Korea
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release date