Holden Captiva CG LTZ
Part of Holden Captiva 2.8

Holden Captiva CG LTZ (2006-2018)

Holden Captiva CG LTZ
3.4

57%11%31%

Mick t
Mick t

DIESEL more reliable

Bought the cg 2015 captiva 7 diesel. Going like a dream up to 10000km no issues. Leather seats cleaned with glitz leather cleaner seats come up lovely and soft. Let idle after every trip for turbo cool down. Towing's a breeze and we go up mountain ranges every week, it chews up the hills. Comfortable to drive once broken in. Happy with so far.

Cash’d Out
Cash’d OutSydney, NSW10 posts

Fantasic value for money

I purchased the 2015 Cativa 7 LTZ new, it now has 4000klms on the clock. I have the petrol 6 cylinder and although it does use a bit of fuel it is an extremely comfy and reliable car. It has all the extras you could want and looks great. I would recommend this car too anyone. Fantastic car would but another. If your looking for a fantastic reliable SUV that offers great value for money then this is your car.

SIliou
SIliouDarwin, NT4 posts
Grumpy
Grumpy2 posts

Would Not Buy Another Captiva

Handles well on the corners, but noisy on acceleration at speed. Lots of rattles in the interior, seat belts, centre console and privacy cover in boot rattles, so had to remove it. An annoying dial system on the dashboard controls, not user friendly. Very hard suspension so every bump in the road is felt. Would not buy another Captiva!! A positive would be good leg room and a spacious boot.

Danny Daybrisbane2 posts

No oil

Purchased our LTZ diesel captiva one month ago as a demo with 5621k's. Tonight the oil light came on, pulled over and the Mrs checked the oil and it was bone dry. how does this happen?

Sump plug in and no visible leaks underneath the body or under the bonnet. So I ask myself if the safety check was completed accurately when the card was delivered. I can see no possible way the car can use this amount of oil in four weeks!

Danny Day

Slow leak was found near timming belt casing. Holden have fixed it.

Beldonic
Beldonic
Sharanpreet
SharanpreetGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC9 posts
  CG LTZ

Worst car ever - even a small car drives better than this. 14-15L/100KM - NOT 10L/100km

I purchased Holden Captiva LTZ 3 months ago and I was told this car would run around 10L/100. During these 3 months of driving this car I hasn't run anything more than 400 in a tank and that was even when I drove it to great ocean road. Normally it only runs 360-380 Kms in 60Litres. Also it drives so sluggish that you see everyone overtaking you and this car is struggling. I have been making complaints with Holden support and after there testing and investigations - it is normal for the car to drive. NOT SURE WHY THEY ADVERTISE IT AS 10l/100km. Cant wait to get rid of it.

tjlim
MSMITH1984Sydney Surrounds, NSW4 posts
S Sathiy
S SathiySydney12 posts

So far very good

Took delivery of the vehicle on 9th of May 2015. Driven about 100km. So far very happy with the vehicle. After reading so many negative review, I was bit worried about the SUV, hence I am planning to update regularly. Middle seat is bit squashed after putting a child seats. Surprisingly the engine noise was low for a diesel SUV. Performance is OK, but I have not pushed the vehicle yet.

So far me and kids loving the car.

Show details ·  2

Nicole
NicoleMelbourne12 posts
Gil C
Gil CMelbourne2 posts

Wait for it

Bought my LTZ 3lt petrol last Nov2014. Expected to have a bit of power but was disappointed on lacking of power and high fuel consumptions. But until I was adviced not to use lower than 95% octane. Fuel consumption is better and more km per full tank.

Interior is very spacious and ride is comfortable.

Tested CRVs and Hyundai, comparisons were no way near Captiva.

maton
maton3 posts

test drive review

Just decided to buy a captiva 7 ltz after driving a sante fe. The sante fe hylander is a good looking car but at 62k I couldnt justify the money. Captiva is 39k with similar features and what seemed like a softer ride and smoother power delivery.

karenpayne
karenpayneBrisbane4 posts
  CG LTZ

Nice car with a few issues

I purchased a petrol version Captiva LTZ in May 2014. Overall the car is really quite nice minus a few flaws. It is comfortable, nice to drive, great space however it takes a lot of petrol. I have tried driving it on straight country roads, around town and I ca an’t get it below 12L per 100km no matter what I do - believe me I have tried (the brochures stated 10L). There have also been a couple other small issues that included a rattle behind the steering wheel and the fact that my wipers died in the middle of a massive storm. These were fixed by the service department. Do I like the car? yes, it’s ok. Would I buy another one - No.

blw88
blw88Mandurah4 posts

Great car. Love it

Ive had our brand new ltz 7 for 2 months now and i love it. Its only done 1300ks but hasnt missed a beat. Fuel is sitting a little high 13.2/100ks but hopefully with a bit more long distance driving over Christmas it will drop down a bit more. Revs high but whatever. Its a great family car for us. I love it. Like others i will report back once weve had it for a year :)

Show details ·  1

Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Find out how Holden Captiva CG LTZ compares to other Large / 7 Seater SUVs

KLM
KLMThe Ponds2 posts

So far so good

Bought 2014 7ltz. Before that i did test drive 2014 Toyota Kluger (74k) and Hyandai ix35. But Captiva came out to be best value for money under 40k for a top of the range vehicle. So far drive is so smooth and like every bits of it. I like interior and exterior of this car than ix35. i am going to write another in one year time .

Peter
PeterCentral West, NSW2 posts

Fantastic car!

I bought a Captiva 7 LTZ from the Mudgee NSW dealership and the car is fantastic! You get lemons with every car manufacturer, but this car is awesome and the dealership had been very helpful with any issues I've had (minor)

Air vents to the middle and rear would be nice but I knew that before I put any money down to buy it.

Don't just look at the outside, get in it and check if what the car has is rite for you. 1st diesel car...won't be the last one either

ray
ray

Captiva Satnav screen blank problem - fix it yourself in 10 seconds

I have 2010 Captiva LX and in 3 years the screen has blanked a few times. It can remain blank for months. Holden said they would replace it on warranty , or fix it, but neither happened. On a hunch (I work in IT), I worked out you can reset this yourself. Here's how - 1) make sure your ignition is off. 2) Now press the first 3 physical buttons on Nav unit and keep holding them down for another 10 seconds, while you start the car. Your screen will come back to life. Why the first 3 buttons? Well, I decided to hold as many buttons as I could wile re-powering the unit. It's probably just the menu button I suspect.

Rob0
Rob0bundarra4 posts
Bigmike62
Bigmike62Darling Downs, QLD16 posts

Holden Captiva 7 LTZ Diesel 2014

Just bought a 2014 captiva 7 LTZ Diesel . Only have 170 klms on it so far, but I'm happy with 98% of the experience thus far. After reading all the negatives on the various forums after buying !! However I'm impressed. I've been lucky enough to have owned many diesel vehicles and can judge reasonably well I think how it compares to others I've owned. I enjoy driving it. It gives me a sence of occassion. The power and transmission are nicely matched. Fuel consumption around town so far has been glacial. But of course really too early to judge properly. I'll write again in 3 months.
No turbo lag, firm suspension, seats.
small amount of vibration through steering wheel at a certain low speeds, no ability to use phone address book. . Show details