Holden Captiva CG Series II 7 LX
Part of Holden Captiva 2.8

Holden Captiva CG Series II 7 LX (2011-2013)

Holden Captiva CG Series II 7 LX
2.5

33%11%56%

Michelle
MichellePerth, WA2 posts

Transmission blew

I bought the 2012 captiva in 2014. It had 44000 km on it. All was brilliant til July 2015 at 50100 kms the transmission blew. It was going to cost $8000 to get a new transmission. My new car warranty had run out. My mechanic told Holden the problem and they have agreed to fix it under good will warranty. Not to happy about this I spent a lot of money on this car and it seems like a bucket of crap

Owen
Owen
  CG Series II 7 LX

Two starter motors in two weeks!

Bought a 2012 Captiva LX Deisel in March this year and added a full manufacturers warranty as part of the deal. The car was perfect until 2 weeks ago. First starter motor failure. Got that fixed and just this week the new starter motor failed. This was a GM genuine part fitted. Find out today that the original battery lead in the Captiva is substandard and contributes to the damage to the starter motor.

When Holden were contacted by my mechanic to help solve the problem they new the answer straight away.

Come on Holden, if the Captiva has an inferior part tell people and get it fixed.

Jason
Jason3 posts

Captiva diesel - lemon

I have a 2012 Captiva diesel LX. The engine has been out 3 times and continuous oil leaks. It is currently getting its second transmission. Warranty is up in July and I can't risk keeping it. The interior and fittings are all great but the engine and running gear the worst, I would never recommend anyone to get one.

Graham Evans
Graham EvansGoldcoast4 posts

Captiva LX Diesel

I purchased the diesel 2012 lx 7 seater turbo Captiva. It drives very smoothly. The bottom line is yes it is a great value vehicle but I will hope it keeps HOLDEN together.

5 years old and time for an update. Bought another brand- toyota. Guess what, i am missing my captiva. I think it was great value 7 seater on the market for what options you get in it. Holden have also announced 7 year warranty on the whole rang now. It was a great car to me and was easy to sell. Hope this was useful information for future buyers.

Ron C
SusanD - SueAU7 posts
timmy2fool
timmy2fool3 posts

Worst vehicle ever

Hi. Purchased car new in 2012.

Engine/cross member removed twice.

Torque converter replaced for surging issues but still present.

Power steering issues that almost caused an accident.

Seat rail worn in less than 35000km

Goes ok with 400nm torque when running well.

Steering/suspension components came loose prior to 3000km service. Lots more issues to many to recall. Car is dangerous and Holden's "customer care" don't help resolve our complaints and concerns for our safety.

Kayhan Bozkurt
WilloGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts
Tarun
TarunMelbourne, Victoria3 posts

No Air-Conditioning at the Back row

I am driving Captiva 7 LX 2012 Model. Having problem with Air-Conditioning at the back row. there is no Air-Vents at back row, so people for who r sitting on 2nd and 3rd row they dont get enough aircon.. so how do i fix this problem. I already spoke to Holden people and they cant help me with this....

theblonde
theblondeShepparton3 posts
cath
cathdenman21 posts

So far so good

Our diesel lx has 6000 kms and has served us well.there is a small rattle in the sunroof cover which has to be sorted under warranty.we leased our vehicle and compared it against many others on the market at the time and found its residual value was better than the equivalent.
Looks ,value for money,holden reliability.
Small rattle Show details ·  1
David Lean
David LeanSydney, NSW8 posts
Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Find out how Holden Captiva CG Series II 7 LX compares to other Large / 7 Seater SUVs

gazza
gazza
  CG Series II 7 LX

Excellent value for money, big car with smaller footprint

I have recently purchased the 3litre petrol lx model. I have had jackaroos, pajeros and more recently a jeep wrangler. This car, so far, exceeds them all especially at this price point. Very comfortable, handled brilliantly on a recent 350km winding country road drive, and has a luxury car feel about town. Have not experienced any of the issues of other reviewers, but then again have only had for 3 weeks and haven't fully tested everything. Although the vehicle lacks some features, eg contacts cannot be loaded to Bluetooth set up, overall it is a well equipped vehicle, again, particularly at this price.
Driving feel, comfort, size, features
 Show details ·  1
Rajesh Kumar
Rajesh Kumarmelbourne

Holden captive 7 LX deisel , Ballan Holden

I really have very bad experiance with this car i bought from ballan holde, there is problem with with GPS and screen , it takes sometime 40 minutes to update. i will not recomment this car to anyone , i raised this issue to dealer and Holden itself , Holden said they cannot do anything and dealer says it is Holden' s problem not them. , do not recommend at all

GPS and Screen Show details

nicole
nicole
Nell4 posts
Nell

Just to give an update we have now blown three starter motors replaced air-conditioning unit x2. We have just hit 30,000kms.

Unhappy Mick
Unhappy MickCanberra

Never again

I put my 2011 Captiva into the dealer for its 75000k service and they found it had rusty camshafts (imagine my surprise). Fortunately it was covered under warranty because it took 6 weeks of faffing around trying to get spares until the dealer finally decided to replace both heads. I went to Holden to discuss the possibility of an extended warranty for the engine (seems reasonable if its a bit rusty?) but they would not help (case 142840335) except to offer a fuel card.

If you choose a Holden I recommend you also buy as much warranty as possible - Personally I will never be buying anything from them ever again.
Ran well until it stopped
Bad fual economy, bad gear ratios, bad service support for anything beyond filter and oil changes Show details

JMcGGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts
CoffeeSnob
CoffeeSnobPerth3 posts
David Maharaj
David MaharajRoxburgh Park2 posts

Sat Nav Issues

We bought a Captiva LX7 Diesel model last year in 2012-february.

Last week we had the display screen for sat nav and all functions go completely blank and I could not get iit to operate, meaning nothing was displayed including rear view cam.

Booked it with Roxburgh Parrk Mantello and today they advised they cannot diagnose the issue and have to refer me to Holden HQ. In te meantime, no one is able to assist and not sure when Holden HQ will respond with an appointment.

not happy at all.

Not sure on the warranty and if there are others experiencing similar issue. Show details

critical_eye
critical_eye

Same thing happened to us. Holden dealer tried to blame use of music on USB stick. first dealer reset the unit and promised replacement would be ordered. Once it failed a 2nd time in a month, took it to another dealer who replaced it.

sydnan743 posts
sydnan74

They replace the seat track and the problem gone, all good now

KiwiUktravellerAU3 posts
Large / 7 Seater SUVs

tangocharlie44
tangocharlie44Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts
Be aware
Be awareSydney7 posts
Rell77
Rell77

just wondered if your entertainment system was fixed as now mine is playing up along with the sat nav still, dealership does no know how to fix problem

julie5959
julie5959AU

Holden captiva series ll 7 seater LX diesel

2.2 ltr turbo diese we have got 6.5000klms on the clock took it to the snow love it and can tow my new boat with it no problems. plenty of power.But it is going back to holden for the third time due to a oil leak in the bell housing this is only a 5 month old car.
reverse camera plenty of room
oil leak Show details ·  2
Peter4098
Peter4098Sydney

Fuel consumption terrible

Recently purchased the Captiva LX 2.2 litre Diesel - It is the first diesel I have owned so it appears sluggish. The car itself has a nice interior and all the items you want in a car but I have issues with fuel consumption. Advertised at 10.8 litres/100km Urban , I cannot get near that on freeway driving where is us advertised and 6.8 litres/100. I have done 5000km now and are averaging 13.8litres /100kms.. For diesel this would have to be the worst performing Diesel SUV on the market.

I have it for 4 years but can't wait for that 4 years to end

Heavy on the juice Show details

Kechar
Kechar

Drive sensibly and you will return with figures of 8/100 Kim's.It I s a great car and only racists claim that is is a bad Korean.

nfj
Lemon Captiva's
BUNBURY TOWN
BUNBURY TOWNPERTH2 posts

Beware

Captiva 7 LX Series11 purchased 10/11/2011. Fuel tank replaced after 2 weeks & since oil leak sump tray resealed, Loose bolt in gear box,Oil leak timing cover resealed.Thumping noise in rear when braking diagnosed as fuel sloshing.Service manager reckons all Captivas are like this ? I dont think they want to know its all too hard. Will they tell this to potential purchasers?

Too many problems for $50000 car, what does the future hold? Show details

Justine40
Justine40South East Queensland, QLD10 posts

Oil leak on brand new Captiva LX diesel

Bough a Holden Captiva LX series diesel in February 2012, from day one it had an oil leak. Took the car in on 2000km to have it checked, the dealer cleaned the engine and said there is no leak. On 2690km I took it back, today the dealer informed me I'll be without a car for a week as the engine has to come out! This on a brand new car with only 2690km. They have to replace the engine cover at the bottom as that is where the leak is.
7 seats
Leaking oil from day one nad now I am going to get a car back that the engine had to be taken out as it has an oil leak! Show details
Max22