12Holden Captiva

Holden Captiva Questions & Answers (page 2)

Allan B.
Allan B. · CG Series II 5 (2011-2013)

What stops engine fan not to work while car is running

steve

Problem maybe your gas is to low, mine was the same problem

steve
steve · CG Series II 5 (2011-2013)

turn the ignition on to start the car, turn it off and remove the key.. but the car still runs..
1. under the bonnet fuse box .. changed the starter relay and starter fuse. still running.
2. inside fuse box.. changed the run / crnk relay and run relay.. still running.
3. lock ignition wiring,, removed both wiring pins.. still running..

what and where would the problem be, and where would it be located ?
thanks.. email address . steve10chan@live.com

steve

Problem here was a diode in the inside car fusebox.. holden dealer in darwin are useless.. know very little about their cars

Nigel S.
Nigel S. · Captiva CG Series II (2011-2013)

What if I've run out of fuel(diesel) 20013 captiva CG/lX and it won't start

Dereck

The manual does describe how to bleed air from the fuel line. Can be done from the drivers seat without getting hands dirty. I did it once when the fuel line popped off.

paul a.
paul a. · CG LTZ (2006-2018)

I have a 2016 LTZ Captiva Diesel. Recently the yellow spanner light has come on and the car is over revving when idle. But goes back to normal when I press the brakes. Anyone know what the issue could be?

Craig M.

There is a way to reset it. But all my attempts have failed. Holden can reset it for you. They charge though..

Beasty B.
Beasty B. · Captiva CG (2006-2018)

Radio code

ajneshraj
ajneshraj · CG LTZ (2006-2018)

i have Holden Captiva LTZ 7 seater MY18 from 2018 till now. it has done about 73000km and my mechanic suggested to me to sell it as normally holdens start to have problems after 80k kms. i didnt had any major problems so far. what should i do?

Dereck

Mine is 2009 diesel and done 117000km and has been good so far. The most expensive job has been a new radiator and top coolant hoses ( $1200) which has just been done. My mechanic has also been warning me regarding Captiva the last few years but I feel it’s been good value for me. I’ve usually heard 100,000km as being the “scary number”.
Upgrading to equivalent two year old Toyota will be $50,000 and I’m not prepared to go there until I’m forced to.

Brian Whata
Brian Whata · CG LTZ (2006-2018)

I have a Holden Captiva 2018 LTZ petrol 6 cylinder there is a slight tapping noise when i start the car and switch off then it subsidies both times after starting and switching off

Brian Whata
Brian Whata · CG LTZ (2006-2018)

I have a 2018 holden Captiva petrol 6cylinder every time i start or switch the motor off there's a slight tapping noise then it slowly subsidies can you help Brian

Edwina W.
Edwina W. · CG LS (2006-2018)

Car has gone into limp mode. Have changed map sensor but limp mode will not clear

Dean F.
Dean F.

I have a Captiva 2011 from new it’s done 200,000 ks so far an is in very very good condition it’s a blue colour an u gave look after it very well an Sevice an check every thing on the car I want to upgrade to a 4x4 Ute for work an I would like to Know how much I can get for my Captiva

Skye P.
Skye P. · CG LX (2006-2018)

Hi my holden Captiva LX 2006 accelerator won't work it won't drive forward when we use the accelerator it turns the car off

Alan T.
Alan T. · CG Series II 7 LX (2011-2013)

Show how the tail shaft workings?

Mark W.
Mark W. · Captiva

Can you replace timing chains on 2006 captiva 3.2 with motor in the car

Joan K.
Joan K. · Captiva CG (2006-2018)

Hi,
I have recently bought a 2007 Holden Captiva runs on diesel, previous owner let it run out of diesel, I cannot find the location of the primer so I can prime up the diesel. Can anyone advise.

Tony F.
Tony F. · Captiva CG (2006-2018)

2008 captiva wiper won't work on slow or intermittent but do on fast

Tony F.

I have replaced the switch and motor

Tony F.
Tony F. · Captiva CG (2006-2018)

I have a 2008 captiva wipers won't work on slow or intermittent I have replaced the switch and motor can anyone help me please

Dee
Dee · Captiva CG Series II (2011-2013)

when driving, im hearing a loud humming, like its over revving?

Glen R.
Glen R. · Captiva CG (2006-2018)

Holden captiva cg mechanically sound but undriveable due to steering malfunction. Will steer but extremely hard to turn. Ideas of problem and cost?

Craig M.

Power steering issue. Add oil or get it serviced. Should be sweet.

Tracey M.
Tracey M. · Captiva

Hello all. I have a Holden Captiva 2010 petrol.
I have had extensive repairs on this car with putting in a second hand motor which has been great but my issue is possibly the transmission although that was replaced.
Maybe gearbox?
Hoping someone can help.
It seems to be fine until it warms up then the gears seem to jolt and at times rides going up or down a hill or when changing from forward into reverse it seems to clunk a bit.
Any ideas what is wrong with it and how much to get fixed please.
Thankyou

Naomi P.
Naomi P. · CG LT (2006-2018)

Water pouring out behind motor only wen tad cap is on tight in do the cap water stops pouring out but eventualy it ova heats wat is the prob

Naomi P.
Naomi P. · Captiva

Can smone pls help me I suddenly got a major water leak behind the motor smwrr bit only wen rad cap is on tight undo it and the leak slowly stop still having water in it its turbo deisel on water in sump

Get an answer from our members and Holden representatives

Select a listing for your question
Holden Captiva