12Holden Captiva

CG Series II 7 SX
Jimmy22
Jimmy22Sydney, NSW8 posts

The worst car ever made

This car has broken down on me 5 times in the 3 years we have owned it since new. Both the grab handles in the front passenger seat and the rear drivers side seat have been broken from people holding onto them. And not even holding on hard!!! The build is terrible the quality is garbage. I would never buy another holden ever again.

Ole M8
Ole M8Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC24 posts

Diesel Hands down

Holden Captiva CG 2007 CX Model Diesel hands down one of the best SUV s to purchase for comfort,economy an shear grunt very stealth acceleration, keep an eye on our odometer as you will constantly be over the speed limit , the turbo is very smooth, transmission good, overall 8 out 10 for this Vehicle

michael.thorley.33
michael.thorley.33South East Queensland, QLD7 posts

2015 captiva 7 diesel LTZ

overall have been happy with car to date ,came with 5 year wty, 55.000 km front end has to be removed control arm bushings worn out at 55.000km covered by warranty if you buy one out of warranty id be visiting pedders , live and learn they used poor quality rubber bushings, battery died at 24months and all four tyres required replacement also at 55000km no other issues to date,

Brendan McFaull
Brendan McFaull2 posts
  CG LT

Does everything I want out of a car

My current captiva is the second one I've owned. Had a 2012 Diesel 7 and now have a 2015 petrol 5. Both cars do exactly what was expected of them. Our current captiva 5 is used for short trips and is comfortable, versatile and very reliable. No complaints at all!

Leo
Leo

Normal

Have had my captiva for 4 years has really nothing done until now. Heater has gone on it and back seat left side doesnt transform down. Been advice to take to Holden dealership just to assess it would cost that's not including parts or labour. The cost would be ?

LBenson
LBensonSydney Surrounds, NSW7 posts
  Verified CG CX

Excellent versatile car for families

Had my 2010 Captiva for 8 years and I am about to upgrade to a brand new one.

I love it. The price for what you get is the major selling point for me. Have never had an issue. I have the diesel and my car has now done almost 200,000kms, hence the need for an upgrade.

Katie S
Katie SAU2 posts

Transmission problem

Hi i have a hole in my transmission my mechanic has asked me to replace it, very hard to get it.

I found one but its 7 seater mine is 5 seater

the model is same 2011 captiva 2.2 diesel awd

So will it fit in my car. please help

Nanayakkara Perera
Nanayakkara PereraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

Good car to drive

I had this car for three years and it was good to drive . I had the diesel one and it was good on fuel. I bought with the sun roof option and the side steps option . It was good . I did not have any issues until i sell it.

John
JohnElizabeth North7 posts
  CG LT

Excellent car but don't try resetting service due light using manual procedure as Holden have disabl

Bloody Terrific to drive, comfortable, fuel efficient (Diesel), has all the gadgets, great all round vision, cold air conditioner and hot heater, runs smoother than most diesels and exceptionally quiet.Oil Service Due light impossible to reset without a scanner as Holden have blocked the manual procedure in Australian diesels.Great Car.

jag_
jag_sydney7 posts

Amazing affordable family car

The 7 seater Captiva is an amazing family car and has a lot of space, never had a problem with the car and has never broken down on me. Looks good, very comfortable in long drives and very smooth. I read many bad reviews about the car but my friend recommended it for a family car and we love it.

eski
eskiSydney10 posts

2012 LX

At first we were scared to purchase a captiva, all the bad reviews, what people have said 'craptiva' etc... I have friends who have purchased a captiva and have had no problems and recommended it. I was against it, but the wife loved it and we got ourselves a craptiva 2012 LX, top of the range. The sales person said pre 2012 were the issues; I hope they were right. Recommend the diesel, tried the petrol no guts, diesel has the power, just make sure to service every 6 months being diesel. Leather seats, 7 seats, blue tooth, heated seats, air con is great, built in nav man, sun roof. Enjoy the ride, fingers crossed.

tinuolakestreasure
tinuolakestreasureUmina Beach4 posts

Craptiva

Worst decision purchasing Captiva. Very poor quality cars, money pit, air conditioning for 7 seater is great for the front seat people the middle row have their vents under the front seat so their feet get air however their faces don’t and the third row no vents at all and no ventilation. No boot space the only thing that looks good is the outside of the car but that works out to be a pretty expensive if you are only buying for the looks

Brooke F
Brooke Fnsw, 2263
  CG SX
John walking
John walking2 posts

2009 diesel captiva

Enjoyed the car for the first 3 or 4 years. Now ? What an expensive waste of time and effort. Absolutely feel ripped off. Numerous and constant expensive faults. ABS, turbo, alternater, starter motor, central locking,, particular filter etc etc etc. Only driven 92k km and ready for the scrap heap. My wife refuses to have anything to do with it. Unsafe and unreliable

Sandy and Stephen
Sandy and StephenSydney18 posts

Capitva yes

At the end of the day the Captiva is a good car, looked after and service properly, this car is both compact on the outside with ample room on the inside with so many options and top of the range LX having a leather interior it's luxury at a affordable price

Dave
Dave7 posts
Lalelo
LaleloMelbourne4 posts

Great car

I like the style of it and holden has a good reputation. Looks alot more expensive than it is. Good performance for the price point. Interior is nice, no plastic looking rubbish dashboard, but nothing fancy eaither. One thing is dislike is there are no air conditioner or heater vents for the kids in the rear, and on a very hot day they are boiling, until the whole car cools down. Besides that, never had a problem with it and we drive it alot.

Lauren
LaurenSydney5 posts
Andy
AndyMelbourne5 posts
  CG Series II 7 SX

Multipurposeful vehicle

Very versatile and multipurposeful vehicle which is great for family use. Perhaps best feature of this car, particularly when discussing the family practicality of it, are the two flip out seats in the boot, which are useful when having to taxi children. However, if car only to be used by one or two, definitely go for a smaller vehicle to save space, petrol and fuel emissions.

amail2you
amail2you3 posts
  CG Series II 7 LX

A good family SUV with performance and safety!

Sold an old Sedan and bought an used Captiva Lx 2013 in Jan. So far my observation has been ..

Performance: Good pick-up, Steering Control and Cruise Control.

Fuel Economy: 13.5L/100Km... Not so good.

Safety and comfort: Excellent

Nosie: Noisy Engine, otherwise all good!

Dashboard and Leather seating (heated first row) is premium like

Greg M
Greg M
  Verified CG Series II 7 SX
Ash
AshSydney6 posts

Worth the price you pay

Bought the Captiva 4 months ago and so far it has ran smoothly. Has an appealing look from the outside, however you might find that the inside lacks space if you're 6 feet tall like me. That is one of the very few things I don't like about the car. The engine creates a bit of noise so it's not quiet, but it handles well especially in wet conditions. Uses fuel up quite a bit, but overall it's worth the cost.

Phil
PhilSouth East Queensland, QLD14 posts

Great features

We bought our car 4 months ago. The features are great for the value, except the in car GPS is quite difficult to use. 8.5 litres per 100 kilometers which is good. Only has air conditioning vents in the front though. Reliability so far has been good and the car drives well.

EliseMay
EliseMay2 posts
  CG LX

Worst Car Ever!

Bought My Car In July 16 Not Even 6 Months Later It Had Several Lights On In The Dashboard. Had It Put In A Mechanic $1700 Later Thought The Car Would Be Running Better Nope My Car Started To Jerk In First Gear Stopped Driving My Car Went To Drive It A Few Weeks Later And Started The Car Put It In Drive And My Car Just Reeved Out.

LovetheAccord
LovetheAccordGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC10 posts

A. K
A. KDarwin11 posts
  Verified CG LS

Pretty good car for the price you pay

Very nice design. The car looks pretty good from outside.

The car drives really nice on the road. Its very quite and the handling is good on the curves and wet roads.

The interior doesn't look very luxurious but that's ok considering the price of the car. I really like the carplay entertainment system.

Fuel economy is not the best and that is one of the things I don't like about this car.

The car performance is good for urban driving. I haven't had the opportunity yet to test on long drives.

Mel G
Mel GAU4 posts

Car full of disasters

Non stop problems with this car and poor servicing from Holden dealerships. Each time I service my vehicle there is something wrong and parts need to be replaced. Always rattles and basically falls apart once you hit 100 000. Fail Holden you need to get your act together and service departments as well

DjMrki
DjMrkiAdelaide9 posts

BEST OF THE BEST

It's very good car I like my options and sunruf leather radio navigation system camera when someone trying to run away from police and all of the things it's on it but it is very very comfortable to drive and very quite on the road lots of space in back and boot

Pete
PeteAU21 posts
jaysixty60
jaysixty60Sydney, NSW3 posts

Craptiva for sure

Car looked and run like brand new, got it at 58,000km. Then 3 months later with only 2000km, my Holden Captiva cx 2012 was running but couldn't move. Now have to fork out $4000 for a new transfer box installed, well done Holden, for screwing us all.not the same any more tisk tisk.

Sam
Sam7 posts

Rubbish

Holden need a class action Brought against them. Hey had my car for months and still it's no better. It needs a turbo and a gear box at least. The failed to carry out a safety recall, but told us other wise and our car caught fire. If anyone can help me with a case, comment.

Abdullah
AbdullahAU9 posts
  CG SX

Good family car

In all honesty. The car is good for family trips. Some models have on roof screens which is great for the kids but some don't. Some are 7 seats which is great if the kids want to bring along a friend or 2. Only thing is when the 2 rear seats are put up it doesn't leave much space. Car lasts for around 500kms on a diesel tank.

Unhappy Customer
Unhappy CustomerBrisbane5 posts
  CG Series II 7 LX

This car is not worth the money you pay for it

I bought my car brand new from Bartons Holden in Bayside. From the start the car had problems. Rattles, oil leaks, starter failure, rear shock absorbers, etc. The engine had to be removed twice. Once for the rear oil seal and the second time the crankcase was leaking.

Now at 121000k's the transfer case has failed. Major cracks on the housing and oil leaking out. This is truly a lemon.

Do not expect to buy a brand new car, service it regularly and have this level of failures on the car.

We are being ripped off for being good loyal customers.

These cars are cheap to buy but has endless problems no matter how well you look after and maintain it.

Very disappointed. That is the last Holden I will ever buy.

KRob
KRobGippsland, VIC28 posts
Joe
JoeSydney, NSW5 posts
  CG LX

It's not perfect , good value compared to other offerings

Pretty responsive,handles well and is relatively quiet,the leather upholstery is not quite up to scratch and the GPS map is not very good .however I haven't had any issues in the reliability stakes and running costs are acceptable. I would be happy to replace it with a new Captiva .

Lou
LouCanberra5 posts

Not a lot of power

Slow to take off. Turbo issues continually even after being fixed. Cheap plastic feel inside. Good seating position. Lots of boot space. Three lap sash belts in the rear. Legroom in front is fine but the back could have more space. Rear view mirrors reflect onto the windows annoyingly. Nice looking car.

Looee
LooeeStokers Siding3 posts
Lessie2go
Lessie2goBROKEN HILL3 posts
  CG Active

Its not a captiva its a CRAPTIVA

What i dislike about my 2016 holden captiva 7 seats sunroof leather seats etc. Where do i start.

I brought my car on the 25 oct 2016 and 6 mths later drivers side struts and bearings and then 5 months later the left side went had repaired finally 2 weeks ago now 13 months old and the drivers side is going again. In the town i love in there are no dirt roads and the speed limits are 40 and 50 all round town with only two short roads with 60. I will never recommend a holden captiva as it is nothing but a Holden CRAPTIVA

Boris YasminskyNear You276 posts

ABSOLUTE SHITBOX CAR - TRANSMISSION FAILED AT 3,722KM'S

My wife wanted a poor mans SUV with 7 seats for the kids school run and whammo, the transmission failed in 6 weeks of driving and only 3,722km's travelled. Holden has said the transmission will take approximately 96 days to arrive from Korea and no loan car will be offered. Once received, the dealership needs about 10 days to install and test the new transmission. 4 months of rego and insurance will be lost whilst the car sits out the back of the dealership in the open air rusting away. I'm so glad we didn't trade in our older SUV !.

Boris Yasminsky

Update: Transmission arrived on the docks 4 January 2018