12Holden Captiva

40%13%47%

rmrm
rmrmSydney2 posts
  Verified CG Active

Amazing value with new captiva

The new captiva are an amazing value they come leather and sunroof , cruise control . I bought mine an year ago Holden captiva active its 2.4 l but powerfull as well compare to others it’s 123kw @ 5600 rpm which quite quick even with family of four. Ok on fuel I m getting around 10.5 liters per 100 Kim’s Holden has given 7 yrs new car warranty for price of 26k . This is an bargain with capped price servicing for 270 covers all your maintanance cost.

I would highly recommend this product. They have really done lots of improvements on the product.

Phill Perry
Phill PerryQLD, 405318 posts
  Verified CG LTZ

MY18 2017 LTZ 2.2 Diesel

Our Captiva LTZ diesel has been a great surprise, the 2.2 diesel is quiet and efficient. I'm pretty impressed with the handling and steering response. I love the leather interior, android auto, heated seats, mirrors and rear aircon controls. It's extremely large inside with my 6ft rower of a son very happy with the room in the back. Looks like the last of the Captiva's might be the best.

Steve G
Steve GAdelaide5 posts

Ok for a cheap car

The Holden Captiva is a prime example of getting what you pay for.

It is a cheap 7 seater so serves a purpose. However, little things like no air conditioning vents in the back anywhere is a poor design for the Australian climate.

Not bad but would spend more on a better car next time too.

Bigbird
BigbirdGippsland, VIC6 posts
  CG Active

captiva perfect as a family car

Driving it is great handles the road very well for short to long distances.

low noise level makes the driving experience better

and cost to run it low to medium

comfort is great with plenty of leg room, with boot space ample

overall a great car to own and drive

Majobie
Majobie

2007 build Diesel manual SX , just clocked 10 years

Been a cracker of a SUV since we bought it new , almost at 150000km on the clock and running like new, 2 issues over the years , fuels tank sensor and steering column which the Holden dealer in Frankston sorted, has been recalled a couple of times, one being for the rocker arm bearings. The outside trim plastics have faded over time , but the interior is still great and everything still seams solid , have done a couple of off road trips , nothing too serious. I rate this vehicle better than the Mitsubishi Pajero it replaces which had too many issues being a Japanese vehicle !

wilbur
wilburAdelaide8 posts

Captiva. Great family car

Great car. Seven seats are useful when you need them and fold away very easily and are good when you need the extra room. One down side is that there are no vents in the back of the car. With a small child it is hard to get them cool without putting the passenger seat down. It drives brilliantly and the tyres that came with the car lasted us 5 years. Fuel consumption isn't great but is ok.

SlimTitan
SlimTitanSouthwest, VIC6 posts
Gwapako76
Gwapako765 posts

Worst EVER!!!

My Captiva is just 5years old but cost too much for service aircon does't work paid $1,500 the engine sign keeps blinking now after I paid more than 1k of it to fix no results like to cry for this car. Cant say good about my car. Hate it .

Jess
JessPerth5 posts
  CG Series II 7 CX

Would not buy again

We bought our captiva brand new and have regretted it ever since. The car compared to others is very dated and within a year the gearbox went and the electric window in the front died. The car engine computer has also had lots of issues that we have had to take back to holden and we have found them quite unhelpful and dismissive. Very disappointing.

David
DavidPerth, WA5 posts
  Verified CG LTZ
Bron J
Bron JAU3 posts

problems with my 2007 holden captiva not starting

Hi my 2007 Holden captiva petrol has no power won't unlock and nothing on dash is working it started but konked out please can someone help me and the airbag light and car door light keeps coming on and off and Speedo is stuck on any help be appreciated thnx

Kathy
KathyTownsville7 posts

Love the car

Love our car only problem no CD player but live everything else about it very cheap to run very comfortable for long distance driving .having no CD player is a nuisance because I don't have music on phone ok for younger people but there is a lot of people out there who would like the option of a CD player

Nlventu
NlventuSydney Surrounds, NSW85 posts
  CG LTZ

Lemon. Spent more time getting it fixed then driving it

The design and of the car and it’s room and 7 seats were great. Engine, turbo, electrical issues were endless. It was always going back with faults and in the end we sold it back to golden just to get rid of it as in the last 6 months of owning it it spent more time being repaired than us driving it. We originally were sold it based on features and fuel economy but it chewed through diesel and never came close to promised fuel economy. It’s name craptiva is well earned.

Bradcd
BradcdRosemount qld9 posts
  Verified CG Series II 7 CX

Holden Captiva 2011 7 seater cx 4 fly turbo diesel

Bought it for our growing family fits everyone in nicely

Lots of extras in the cx model was really suprisezed with the standard features the vehicle comes with

Only down side no child restraints in the third row

Great car on road

easy to handle

Comfort is great

Air con is amazing

Very responsive

Cheap to run

Haven't been able to fault it

Jake
JakeMelbourne4 posts

Excellent family car

My Holden Captiva LX 2010 is the best car I've ever had, the diesel car is fantastic and very fuel efficient. The handling of the car, for such a large car is quite impressive. The interior design is everything I've ever wanted, leather seats, automatic rear view mirrors, sunroof and a navigation system sums up how good a car this is. It is very roomy for a big family, however the only negative thing that I have to say about the car is the navigation system not being able to update. Other wise the car is very cheap to run for such a large car, I was contemplating the diesel or petrol and I'm certainly glad I decided on diesel, while you get the vibrations of the diesel car, you certainly save money per tank.

nfoster
nfosterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC23 posts

Not so impressed

Bought brand new Captiva Active, the car has amazing value, 7 seater under 30k with leather seat and even sunroof. The driving experience is expected from a 2.4L engine which is a little sluggish yet thirsty, especially when trying to overtake. The ride is rough, even on the sealed road, once my friend told me it drives like a truck.

EDWARD
EDWARDWestern Australia9 posts

Holden

I have brought eh holden captiva 7 seater in 2009 and has not face any major issues with the condition of the car , the handling is smooth and the engine is silent , however in term of fuel consumption is not as economic

it is a good family car with spacious rooms and cargo space when backseats are pull down

Chris
ChrisSydney Surrounds, NSW8 posts

2007 captiva

Will this car gets me from a to b it does have a lot of problems. The engine light and air bag light are nearly always on even after services and repairs. It absolutely eats fuel which I could deal with if it wasn't such a slug. On a plus side it is very comfortable, lots of space and hidden compartments. It is easy to drive but I wouldn't ever purchase another captiva

Winona
WinonaSydney Surrounds, NSW3 posts
  CG LT

So disappointed

Bought a 2nd 2013 turbo diesel 8 months ago and now it has a cracked head gasket. I'm so disappointed and out $4000. Shattered was hoping to pull our little caravan around Aus with this. Sensors also got dirty quickly. Has always had its service when due. :( :( :(

Dave
DaveMelbourne6 posts

Such a powerful car!

It is such a good car. Turbo engin with 2.0T is powerful enough for me drive around the city. It's good for a family also for individual. It is also a good choice for camping and long trips. The colour I bought is black which could be a bit hot indoor in the summer time.

Ken1
Ken12 posts

We like our Captiva but

Great too drive but doesn't like unsealed roads had a fuel line t section break 4days too find parts great legroom good on fuel when running no roadside assistance (towing)

Very good storage quite running good lights great mirrors drink holders too small and too close together great to ceal

Patrick
PatrickSydney Surrounds, NSW5 posts

Low milage

the car is great fro families, the sun roof, and media player are great features. but the problem is the SUv has low milage. I find that i have to fill up at times, twice a week. definitely not a budget car but its okay for those who dont drive a lot

Lozza
LozzaSydney7 posts
Ndash
NdashAlpha5 posts

I like mine

It's a great family car it can fit the biggest child restraints on the market in the rear facing position without comprising front seat leg space. I have not once had any unusual issues have kept regular with servicing and honestly it's a nice looking car inside and out. Has a lot of power and can easily over take large road trains on the highways out west.

Jem F.
Jem F.Brisbane6 posts
Captain Captiva
Captain CaptivaSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

AndyB
AndyBAdelaide2 posts
  CG Series II 7 SX

Great family car for the money!

I purchased this car new in 2012 mainly because of the size (7 seats) and price. It drives well on the open road and around town. Can be a bit sluggish initially as the engine is only small for a large vehicle, but I chose the smaller engine as it was all I needed. Plenty of space for the kids and it is really easy to keep clean. I love the seating position. Holden service was fantastic and they have fixed a couple of small issues with the alternator (replaced once), but is the only issue with this car in over 5 years. Service costs are low. I have had no problems with this car and take care of it to ensure it serves me and my family well. Running costs are very low.

Marls
Marls2 posts

GPS update

I have a 2012 Hold Captiva which I bought second hand and since found that it had been in a smash and was not happy as a result the holden dealer offered to upgrade the sat nav and also install new passenger door handle that broke. Door handle repaired but have been informed that they cannot update the sat nav as there is none. is this correct

Phil390
Phil390Sydney31 posts
Kelly Nic
Kelly NicSydney5 posts
  CG Series II 7 CX
Anton
Anton3 posts

So Far So Good

Bought my Captiva in 2013.

Researched around for a while till i found one i was happy with for the right price. I have heard of a few lemons so really picky. Bought 2nd hand with 60,000 km on it. Diesel engine seems to be good so far. (i have put 30,000 km on it. No issues but thought the fuel economy would of been better, even after considering the weight and distances traveled. For a smaller SUV 7 seater, i am happy with the purchase 2 years later.

Captivating
Captivating29 posts

So far so good

Still early days but the car is going well. Plenty of power with the V6. Great value for money compared to other top of the range 7 seater SUVs. CarPlay was a bit buggy but nothing too major. Seemed to work again after turning ignition on and off again. Pretty happy.

Show details ·  1

Robbo
RobboGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts

Car I needed

I required a SUV vehicle to get me around due to being disabled after looking at fords,hondas,hyandi and other so liked cars I found that the Captiva was easier to get in and out off. Petrol and economy of the car is really good at the moment I am getting around 650kilometers in city traffic and around 845 in highway traffic

Pollo
PolloSydney3 posts

cheap

normal performance, lower price

lack of technology, lower price

normal service, lower price

good room size

speed up very slow, not sure 0~100 take how long, maybe 10s+

not sure about the transmission, but driving experience not good as Japanese cars

dealer service not good, normal level, will not back to this again

Bavin
BavinPerth8 posts

Great Car

Great Car, Suitable

For family. Affordable. Very pleased with price, capacity, Fuctionality.

Not quiet fuel efficient though. However it is great on the long distance driving. Customer service staffs at Phoenix holder were very good. Explained every possible feature and also assisted to fit the car into the budget as well.

Stormy
Stormy

Not Happy

Poor turning circle,engine issues lights comming on.It lost power on the freeway and had to be towed away.Scary for mum and daughter the engine was grinding loudly. Sunroof leaking down the seatbelt strap..Air con vents poor, out put drivers side minimal.Have spent a fortune with repairs.Fuel consumption poor.

Positive note it's a good size but that's it.

Paul
Paul7 posts
  CG LTZ

3rd Captiva and loving it!

Previous two Captiva's I bought we 2nd hand , this one I purchased new, a petrol LTZ. I Have not had a fault with any. My new one rides even better than previous models. I tow a caravan with it (1.6 ton) and handles it very well. I love the shape. I do not like the shape of the Equip which is the upcoming replacement for Captiva. Excellent sales and service.

DWC
DWCSouth East Queensland, QLD18 posts

Great car

The car was listed as at promotional pricing so we decided to go new rather than buy used.

Very pleased with the purchase. We have had the car for 6 months and are very pleased with the performance and comfort.

Only minor repair made during 1000 km check up.

Good economy.

Have owned Holdens in the past and am as pleased with this as with previous cars.

Dealer very helpful - whole transaction through the web

Dave m
Dave m4 posts

Radio and electronics faulty

Hi, Buyer Beware and also let's see if there is a Major Issue with Captivas Electronics systems and Door Actuators.

My car is 5 years old and now giving me a lot of issues and costing over $4000 now in six months.

Not happy at all. Never again.

Actuator and Radio replacement over $1800.

Why is this happening while my car has been services on time and always looked after.

Never buy a Captiva.

I bought this from Ferntree Gully.

Melabec
MelabecSydney4 posts
  CG Series II

Love our family car!

We have a 5 seater, manual Holden Captiva that we bought second hand and absolutely love it. Heaps of room for our kids, and easy to drive. We find it fine for fuel economy (although is more expensive from the old Mazda 121 we used to have) and just a really reliable car. We love the parking sensors, and built in sat nav too!