Holden Colorado 7 RG
Part of Holden Colorado 7 / Trailblazer  3.6 (50)

Holden Colorado 7 RG (2012-2016)

3.4

Interior Design
Boot Size
Comfort
Features
See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Holden Colorado 7 / Trailblaze › Colorado 7 RG28 reviews
DaveQLDWide Bay-Burnett, QLD9 posts
Corissa
CorissaNewcastle5 posts

I love my car!

Best car we could have chosen. 7 seats and all 7 seats comfortable. Us adults often climb in the back. Can fit 3 car seats along 2nd row easy. Cheap to run and servicing cheap as well. This car has never let us down. My favourite cosmetic fesature is the heated car seats makes the cold trip to work easier. The only problem we have had with the car is the usb port is in the centre concoul and can get knocked and damaged easily!!!

MickQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD26 posts

Good 4wd with adjustments

On road our 2015 Colorado 7 is a very good vehicle. Good acceleration, a little noisy down the gears but cruises and handles quite well. Off road it could do with a bit more under body clearance. Just got back from Fraser Island. Hadn't rained a while and so the sand was like powder. We were caught out a few times becoming perched with the tyres going nowhere and were winched off the second time. The problem was clearance so a good high profile all terrain tyre and a few bucks on a lift kit will solve that off road problem. Over all we are very happy with our purchase.

Lewy
LewyCanberra7 posts

Versatile and comfortable 4wd

The Colorado 7 is a great 4wd for families wanting to explore. It has great power with the highest torque out of the comparable SUV 4WDs. There is plenty of space in the back unless you are using all 7 seats. We generally get 10l/100km around the city and lower on the highway. It has performed very well off road even with the standard highway tyres.

I wouldn't buy it as a city SUV, because it drives like a big 4wd. The Holden factory accessories are extremely expensive and for me are priced way out of the market. There can be significant acceleration lag in some circumstances.

Tracylee Taylor
Tracylee TaylorRooty Hill5 posts
  Verified Colorado 7 RG

Omg I'd love to own one, though my best friends Colorado I travel in, Comfy, Roomy, Airbags Quiet Gr

Handles great , great on and off road , Realiable. Love the beautiful interior. Ur running cost is better than ever, alarm system bonus don't worry if ur extra tall there's, plenty of room for u. Great look Price I'll work my savings for the next 65-70 years.thanks, GO COLORADO

WPHatch
WPHatch2 posts

Love this 4x4

Drive is good a little noisy but okay love the way it corners and great turning circle power at will and tows like a dream with power still

love the leather seats do not like blue tooth phone people complain cannot hear me

great on fuel better than add said or book

got 80thou out of tyers

nothing gone wrong or bean let down live central Qld so that is important

love the way you can use like a clutch-less manual 6 gear box

hotfudge
hotfudgeAU10 posts
Johno67
Johno6715 posts

I DON'T GET THE COMPLAINTS

Mine's a work lease vehicle. I've had it for two years and 70000Km and the thing has never missed a beat. It's been on the beach, has done some "medium" 4WD work, long distance towing and it's usual job as a family tour bus. Other than the turning circle making car parking in shops a bit tricky it's great. Fuel economy is usually under 10L /100Km. For a truck, it's a comfy ride. Service from the local dealer is A1. The lease expires in a year and I'll be going Colorado 7 again!

Sue
SuePerth
  Colorado 7 RG

Number plates in river crossings

Has anyone else had this problem? Our organisation runs three Colorados and in river crossings (which we must do) we have now lost two number plates and have come close to losing three - the third one was bent up which explains why the first two were lost - the thread was stripped out. With no frame for the number plate the attachment relies on only two screws. Gets very expensive to replace.

Allen
AllenBrisbane8 posts
  Colorado 7 RG

Entire sales team complain about this car

I work for a big company. Our sales reps drive Colorados. All of them have had minor to major issues at one stage. They are terribly uncomfortable and unreliable. Smoke from the engine, oil leaks, two engine replacements, blown hoses. Unbelievable that cars manufactured in the year 2013 are subject to this number of problems.

The car is a complete lemon.

Rods
RodsQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts
  Colorado 7 RG

Great vehicle for the money

I would have given it 5 stars but have had two small issues - leather drivers seat and boot latch needed replacing. That said after sales service has been A1 and they fixed both issues in the 9 month service (well had to order seat as I only noticed rubbing when dropping off vehicle but communication was great). Used for towing both on-road and off road with upto 2t with only issue being I forget the trailer is there when on road. I would buy another tomorrow.

NZ chimp
NZ chimp5 posts

Awesome worth every penny

Brought in August 2013 it's rows boats trailer and a caravan jayco 2.5 tonne loaded probably more than 3 tonne never had an issue love it I fact brought another 2015 model for the boat and have done off-roading so I recommend this vehicle to anyone who needs seat eg kids and needs towing capacity. I have 3 car seats for my kids and fully loaded I overtake easily with the caravan up the Bombay hill and any hill really,

What a car

Well 4 factory recalls now hsv at moorooka said they did the service got it home and no oil in it and now a lifter knock on start up wow and all the people at moorooka are not good to talk to .did not even offer to come have a look at the problem with the oil

Clarrie
ClarrieNSWSydney, NSW11 posts

Unexpected

I bought a Colorado 7 after having a Nissan Patrol that done 400,000k and looked at its rival. For the price this vehicle has ticked all the boxes.......Without the van the best per 100km has been 7.1 LTRS.......and with the Van which is 2.5t , its done 12.5 ltr's......Oh !!!! what a beauty..........