Holden Colorado RG 4x4 Z71
Part of Holden Colorado  3.2 (307)

Holden Colorado RG 4x4 Z71 (2015-2024)

VerifiedAlso referred to as: Holden Colorado RG 4x4 Z71 2023 and Holden Colorado RG 4x4 Z71 2025.

10 reviews · Statistics

Interior Design
Boot Size
Comfort
Features
See the Best Utes in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Holden Colorado › RG › 4x4 › Z7110 reviews
Gary JESSUP
Gary JESSUPVICGippsland, VIC28 posts
UP2U
UP2U4 posts

Hmmm

2018 Colorado Twin Cab Z 71...Only driven on sealed roads, no off the beaten track or unmade road driving! Purchased from a dealer as an ex demo with just over $4k on the odometer... Less than 20K done to date and less than 5 years old. Catalytic converter replaced (under warranty thankfully) at 16K due to it "cracking" and a large hole developed..(Cost would have been approx $1K). Now out of warranty and the MyLink infotainment does not work! Replace or repair between $500 - $1000... Seriously, virtually a NEW car with these significant and costly issues. Check forums about these issues,,,The MyLink one is common... Show details
Jim
JimVICGippsland, VIC

Love my Colorado

I’ve had my 2015 Colorado Z71 for 3 years now.
Purchased second hand with 60,000kms now done 130,000 and still love it. Only issues I’ve had was the tensioner pulley fail, and the touch screen on radio has played up 3-4 times. I drive a 79 series dual cab for work and would pick the Colorado everyday over the cruiser.
Tows my 5.3m boat, camper brilliantly best dual cab I’ve owned I’ve had Hilux, Navara and an amarok and would buy another one tomorrow if they still made them Show details
Samantha W.
Samantha W.2 posts
  Verified Colorado RG 4x4 Z71

The car with the most warranty repairs I have had

Use my Colorado mostly for commuting, running the family around, towing a small trailer and a bit of gentle off road when on holiday.
The car has been serviced regularly and by a Holden Dealer.
Many issues since new - electric window problems, DPF brackets (a few of these), gear box triple flush and initial problem has returned so now expecting a new torque converter, a new gear stick due to not being able to take the ignition key out, oil filler cap melted..... and they are the issues I can remember.
Dealer has been okay sorting the issues out although they still have to go through the step by step fixes even when there is a known issue such as the torque converter. Could save time and money by going straight for the final fix. Show details
Braking
Handling
Bryce
BryceMelbourne32 posts

So far I'm happy

Recently brought a Z71 colorado and so far I'm a happy camper. My friends have Hilux and Rangers and this thing keeps up with them all day. Found its better on diesel too. Couple things that could be improved are the collision alert is touchy, stall lock up is looser than old ones which I like the low rpm lock up with turbo diesels even If they do vibrate, and I wish it had heated mirrors and adaptive cruze (I'm picky).

Anyways will up date once I've put more kms on it Show details

EIC94
EIC943 posts

Such a great ute!

My fiance and I purchased the 2017 colorado Z71 after much deliberation. Having previously owned a 2009 Holden SV6 Thunder ute, we upgraded to the colorado as a future family and work car. We love this ute and it has heaps of great features! But there are some things we noticed that we weren't happy with until afterwards, for example the dual climate control in the Thunder is not in the Z71 (being that I always have the heater on while my partner has the A/C on). The seats in the Z71 are not very comfortable and after a road trip it's actually a bit painful... And the tub of the ute also had a leak, we took it back to the dealer who looked at the seal, but could not find any problem. Other than that we absolutely love this ute! Show details
Kaaaar
Kaaaar2 posts

Spot on

Have had other models of Holdens previously that we had major issues with, so we were reluctant to buy another Holden. But can happily say that our 2017 Z71 is spot on. We test drove the top of the range Tritan and they really don’t even compare to each other. They drive on road like a dream, off road great, tow like there is nothing on the back. we haven’t had a single issue yet. Though, a slight near the back wheels that we will get checked. Only thing I could suggest, is a better sound system. Coming from a SRI-V Cruise (complete lemon of a car other than the sound system) If the Crusie could have a really good sound system you’d think for the price of the Z71 it could be better. All in all we love it!

TroyQLDNorth Queensland, QLD61 posts
Shane WQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Colorado Z71

Purchase our Z71 8 months ago, this vehicle has a seriously air intake / sucking noise when drive under load at approx 80kmh, and losing power. The dealership and Holden now tell me this noise is common in the Z71.

Somehow I don't be leave them, Everyone that hops into the car comments on the noise. Not to mention the Power loss. I'm getting very frustrated with the whole situation. The car has only done 22000 km.

The Holden dealership thought it was a turbo problem, so Holden gave the the OK to install a new turbo, so they tell me, didn't get any paperwork to say they did. However they are telling me this is a common noise with the Z71 2.8ltr Auto. Can someone Please Please let me know if they have the same noise. PLEASE.

Update, Holden has rectified the issue now... Thanks HOLDEN

NBG
NBG

Love them I have three Colorado's

I own a 1/2009 single cab,10/2014 LTZ Spacecab and just picked up an 11/2015 Z71 all 4wd models.I Have not had an issue with any of them they are cheap to service reliable and the new 2.8 diesel is unbelievably fuel efficient.

I use mine for off road use and have only ever been stuck at the same time Landcruisers and a Hilux have been stuck as well.

They are a very capable vehicle.

Load carry capacity is great also.

Ps just got rid of a Sahara to buy the Z71 ( couldn't be happier)