14Holden Colorado RG
Part of Holden Colorado 3.2

Holden Colorado RG (2012-2024)

VerifiedAlso referred to as: Holden Colorado RG 2023 and Holden Colorado RG 2025.
14Holden Colorado RG
3.1

47%16%37%

dirtydog
dirtydog
  Verified Colorado RG 4x4 LS

2019 Colorado LS

Ive just picked up today a Brand new 2019 Colorado Ls, { company car not my choice } if you want a comfortable work ute / office, keep away. This is by far the most agricultural vehicle I have driven apart from a John deere tractor.

It's uncomfortable, basic, terrible handling and the brakes are borderline dangerous. Even the handbrake goes straight to the roof and it's only travelled 75klm. Our company bought Two and they are both like it.

Save your money.

It's not good when you pick up a new work ute and even the

salesman says you won't like it.

Wayne
Wayne5 posts
Kaaaar
Kaaaar2 posts
  Colorado RG 4x4 Z71

Spot on

Have had other models of Holdens previously that we had major issues with, so we were reluctant to buy another Holden. But can happily say that our 2017 Z71 is spot on. We test drove the top of the range Tritan and they really don’t even compare to each other. They drive on road like a dream, off road great, tow like there is nothing on the back. we haven’t had a single issue yet. Though, a slight near the back wheels that we will get checked. Only thing I could suggest, is a better sound system. Coming from a SRI-V Cruise (complete lemon of a car other than the sound system) If the Crusie could have a really good sound system you’d think for the price of the Z71 it could be better. All in all we love it!

Kimmie
Kimmie
  Verified RG

Last Holden ever very disappointed in Holden’s service

Purchased this ute from new the aircon was permanently on cold, have a vibration that goes through the Ute at 1500 revs which has been there since the day we got it and numerous visits back to the dealer with no joy and at just over 12 months old has rust along the top of the windscreen. Ute has only done 21000k’s and is only used for commuting to work.

LC1
LC16 posts

Good all round ute

Used every day, always serviced on time and never thrashed when on the road. I have had a few issues but realistically, good value for what I paid for it. In respect of reliability, it's very good but the good old Holden days are gone so nothing will last for years anymore sadly.

It is super stable and comfortable on the road. I have upgraded the suspension to heavy duty - out of necessity and keep on top of any maintenance. I would buy another...

Skye
SkyeSydney, NSW6 posts
  Colorado RG 4x4 LTZ

Great for towing, loads of power!!

Purchased a 2017 Holden Colorado RG LTZ back in October last year and still smiling when I see what I'm driving home. This vehicle is four door, and is great for my family and also my work place. I often tow a caravan , a boat and a box trailer all of which the Colorado handles with ease and pleasure. The back seat is wide and deep enough to fit three child/baby seats across the back, without compromising leg room in the front of the cabin.

This vehicle has build in Satellite navigation, front and reverse sensors making parking a breeze as well as a top quality reverse camera. This features are on top of a top ancap safety rating, with side, front, back airbags and grade braking for the big down hill slopes.

John
JohnBuderim

Alternator Issue

Vehicle has 90,000Km, go anywhere, pulls 22ft van with ease; one of the best cars I have owned in 50 years problem free until this week. 1. developed engine noise and rough idle - bearing collapse on alternator idler pulley, replaced bearing. 2. Driving along in 60 zone, loud "POP" sound, engine lost power - hose blew off turbo, not damaged, just blew from fitting - re-joined and tightened retainer screw clamp.

I would have thought the idler pulley bearing would have been a vehicle "life" thing, not 90,000Km ?. Maybe the turbo clamp worked loose?

Any comment or feedback please

BunnyCaloundra8 posts

Blown Head Gasket

Well, just completed service at 120K.This vehicle has had a very easy life.No towing, very little off road ( Fraser, Bloomfield)never overheated and always driven conservatively.But it has a leak from the cylinder head gasket at right hand rear of block.Using a very small amount of water.I would have thought this engine would have lasted a LOT longer before needing major surgery.I have been told by two mechanics that they have seen a few of these models with the same problem.Not happy or impressed at all.

Nesh
Nesh

Mini Tank. Excellent car

Excellent car. 2012 DX 4x4 model single cab. My work car has done 200,000. Towing 2ton trailer every day. Never had a problem, oil consumption 0, manual transmission beautiful, servicing every 5,000-7,500. Upgrade catch can,Stainless steel exhaust, air bags on rear, future upgrade bigger intercooler and that's it.

I heard lots of issues with Colorado but mine is absolutely great.

Colliedog
ColliedogSydney13 posts
  Colorado RG 4x4 LTZ

Never buy a Holden vehicle again

Oil consumption very high; fix = thicker oil ???

Engine vibrates heavily always; fix 1 = replace tyres ???. fix 2 = replace front wheel bearings ???. fix 3 = that's the way they were built, tough !!!!. Go away and live with it as we (GMH) are not going to do anything about it !!!

Interestingly GMH have replaced a large number of engines under wty.

Keith
KeithFar North Queensland, QLD3 posts

Oil Consumption 2.8 Auto

On a trip towing a 1.5ton Camper with about 750kg in the back of the ute my Space Cab 2.8 Auto consumes 200ml of 5w 40 oil every 1000km, it has being doing it since day one, this equates to 3 litres of oil per 15000km which Mr GM Holden states is within specifications. City driving oil consumption is about half. I have asked where all of the oil is going and what effect it will have on the catalytic converter, EGR system and carbon deposits - no response. I've done 80,000km now and have extended warranty but they don't want to know me. Yes I am frustrated because the ute is very good apart from the oil consumption.

Beccal
BeccalNarellan7 posts
  Colorado RG 4x2

Good

I’ve driven my grandads and I wanted to keep it, drives really well steering is fantastic quite light to drive for such a big car. Spacious and quite luxurious inside which is good, my daughter loved it also I would definitely drive it again if I could :) good job

Matt
Matt6 posts
  Verified RG

Love the RG Colorado

Bought a 2014 RG Colorado, as we needed something reliable, good economy, 5 seats and decent load and towing capacity. We couldn’t be happier with it. Quality build, excellent economy, good power from a small Diesel engine. Pricing is reasonable, only negative is front seats aren’t very comfortable for touring, long trips

TMC
TMC4 posts
  RG

Sold a lemon nothing but Junk

Bought brand new only just hit 120000ks and has just cost me over $5400 to fix gearbox, clutch and flywheel, no warranty or support from the dealer or Holden. I am so disappointed as this was over a 60k vehicle not even 5 years old, never again will I buy HOLDEN

Liz D
Liz DBrisbane21 posts

Perfect Ute for all adventures

Great for the bush and the beach and everything in between. Plenty of room for kids of all sizes (or just men!) great air flow and engine capacity. Sand does catch within the wheel frame which throws off the alignment whilst on the beach - but don’t be alarmed it’s just the car loving the beach as much as you!

Dalco
DalcoSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts
  RG

Colorado shudder and over heat issues

Whilst driving my new 2018 RG Colorado on a freeway I feel like I am driving on a dirt corrugated road when I reach certain speeds. These cars shudder. Not only that ,I have been told that people have had to remove after market bull bars because it makes them over heat. Well guess what. Mine got hot going over Cunningham’s gap without towing and my bull bar is genuine. Let’s see what they say about that. I wish I had bought the ranger.

Nick
Nick

Rubbish

Drives well and that’s it’s only good point. If you don’t continually fill it with oil it will run out between services. Had a catastrophic engine failure at 30k whilst at the dealership being serviced. I have never had to put oil in my Bt50 between services. Buy something else.

Colin
Colin

Awesome experience

Awesome driving experience, handles very nice, no noise and a very smooth ride. Plenty of room and leg space, very reliable, and very economical to run, i love this car just want one to sit beside my ss. Best 4x4 i have ever driven i like the interior being leather.

boomer
boomer73 posts
Chris
Chris

Don' buy

My Colorado has never been on a dirt road, 4 wheel drive used once to for 5 metres it now has a rattle in the passenger side door a vibration and rattle across the dash when going over bumps which on Aussie roads is a lot. It does not have the technology as other vehicles the same era, no sat nav. It has 40,000 on the clock. I can't wait to trade it in after seeing these reviews, next time a Toyota. Low beam is like driving with candles in front, especially on country roads when the car in front goes out of sight + lots of other annoying deficits

DBJ
DBJ
BJPB
BJPBGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Better utes out there

Worked as a Plant Engineer on a WA Mine Site, and unfortunately had to drive one of these. Poor handling off road, gutless engine and auto unresponsive. It was plagued with electrical gremlins, and it's sister ute was also sidelined most of the time. We also had a couple of Rangers and 95% Hilux's. If it's for work off road and in extreme conditions, stay clear.

Jay C
TDS

Tim
TimSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts
  RG

Great vehicle and great price

Purchased a brand new Holden Colorado and was verry happy with the service at the dealership, freindly and well educated on the vehicle. The vehicle has taken me to all sorts of places and i know i can rely on it. So happy i can drive wherever i want and know i will not have any problems. Very happy.

John Reece
John ReeceLangwarrin4 posts

Love my colly

We purchased our Colorado as a tow vehicle and to be able to get away camping. The car is comfortable and is pleasant to drive. Tows our caravan extremely well both on the bitumen and the gravel. Like the hill start assist as well as the graded braking. The audio system it very good and easy to navigate the controls. Fuel usage is good at around 8-9 L/ 100KM unladen to around 14L / 100KM toing the van and the tray loaded.

Jonny
Jonnypt macquarie8 posts
Marg
MargMid North Coast, NSW10 posts

Holden Colorado 4x4 duel cab LS diesel

Great driving experience good performance

Nice interior great radio link to phone. Seats comfortable good leg room.

Very reliable and much cheaper than petrol. Cheap to run. Half tank 7 hour trip.

Lovely smooth drive. It feels like a car not a Ute. Will be great when we purchase

Caravan to travel. Lots of storage space.

fullysick
fullysickPacific pines8 posts

Holden colorado my2014 ltz storm

Overall fuel consumption excellent freeway drive awsome 4wd awsome .Tuff looking rig only issue is ool consumption seems to use oil have had back to dealer to be check they say ot is normal will be taking back to dealer as have done 5000kms sonce check and has used oil again

Ozpaul
Ross
Jo brian
Jo brian3 posts

Purchased a holden colorado

Excellent service. Great vehicle .jacob and jordon from north gosford were amazing. They done a great deal and were very professional . I will recommend them to my family and friends . And I they were very accommodating to my situation. I am very happy with the car. Love driving it

Rob
RobWynyard2 posts
Peter R
Peter RAU5 posts
  Colorado RG 4x4 LTZ

A great reliable vehicle and excellent ergonomics

My 2014 LTZ Crew Cab has been excellent. Mountains of power and sounds great. I haven't needed to upgrade the sound system yet but may in the next year. Averaging 8.5 litres per hundred usually spend $90 to fill (never below a 1/4 of a tank). Overall very impressed with the Colorado.

John
JohnMurrumbidgee Region, NSW5 posts
  Verified Colorado RG 4x4 LTZ

Holden Colorado 2017 LTZ

The Holden Colorado LTZ feels like you are in a car when driving. Has all the extras you could want: Memory adjustable seats, hands free phone, satnav, great dash layout, terrific trip computer, plenty of room front and back, good fuel economy, responsive motor, great body shape, lights are terrific and much more...

Bruce H