Holden Commodore VE

Holden Commodore VE (2006-2013) (page 3 of 7)

3.9

• Features
Staceyxoxo

StaceyxoxoMelbourne

Love

Very smooth ride, the car barely makes any noise on the freeway. They don't do too bad on petrol either. I love the interior, the wheel is nice and comfy to hold and everything is easy to find. It is very comfy inside, loads of room for the whole family. It fits my son's car seat very well and isn't cramped or anything. Very spacious boot in the sedan but I do wish you could put all of the back seats down. The series II models are a lot more reliable than the first series, in yet to have mine need anything major fixed. A full tank of petrol is around $80 and lasts 600km. I'd recommend this car to anyone looking for a family car or just a car with lots of room.

BadgeEquipe
Date PurchasedSep 2015
Jay

JaySunshine Coast

Perfect Car

Purchased this vehicle second hand and instantly feel in love. It drives well and handles like a dream, much better than any other standard SUV or family car. Features are awesome, it has adaptive headlights, cruise control, LED speedometer screen and much more than cars even 5 years newer do not have.

Badge60th Anniversary
Date PurchasedAug 2015

Worst commodore I have ever owned!

The car is a comfortable car to drive and it looks good but the engine is absolutely terrible. I have had the timing chain replaced TWICE in less than 4 years that I have owned it, it's going back to the mechanic next week as it's showing up fuel bank faults. Will definitely be looking at buying a Ford or Subaru as soon as I can.

BadgeInternational
Date PurchasedNov 2013

holden5ltr

holden5ltr

2007 ve omega

i bought a 2007 ve omega with low kms, it is a ex police car it has sump guard and lsd diff, has 2 batterrys and stage 2 shift kit. best omega ive owned and goes like a sv6. love the car awesome color and cheap parts when they need replacing

Date PurchasedDec 2016
casciavit

casciavitWA, 6005

Great Car

Definitely one of the best cars I ever driven. Great handling, great engine and reliability.
Legroom and seats are the most comfortable I've ever experienced by far.
The dashboard could have looked better, but it's ok.
The paint is a bit too delicate and the chassis gets dented too easily.

I've never had a problem with the car and it's one of cheapest car in tis range to maintain.

I owned a Falcon and a Commodore VT before and they were already good car but this one is way better.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Best car

Upgraded to 2012 series 2.a marked difference.heaps quicker off the mark.handles perfectly,quiet as a mouse.plenty of power for a base model.plenty of room inside,upgraded cd system.seats comfy as.not flash or showy internal plastics but I like it that way.the best car ever owned for fuel consumption.perfect buy.adore my car.never disappoints.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

It's perfect

This car is very good car. It's very useful and good for tradesmen and commercial. It have big space and no noise also comforts. It is strong car very safe and easy to drive.also very popular car.7 can see it many place. The pro e is cheap . Good car.

BodyUte
Date PurchasedApr 2008

Comfortable cruising vehicle

Great car to drive easy to crusie long distance in an does on average 8-10 L per hundred.
However this 2013 has the same fuel economy as my old 1997 Falcon.. Which is surprising..
Its a commodore nothing fancy but still very comfortable and easy to drive and use.
Being the SV6Z it has the 19inch wheels. which i found rather noisy on the road

BadgeSV6 Z Series
Date PurchasedSep 2016
Ian

IanCentral West, NSW

Good car, but quality a concern

Engine and the drive are still fine at 100,000km mark, but plastics are falling to bits. Panels are becoming lose and I notice much the same with other peoples VES2 wagon. Radio are also poor quality in these. I think its a hit and miss effort from holden, but then again they are leaving the Australian market and have been trying for years, so what do they care

BadgeBerlina
Date PurchasedDec 2013

Rob

Robadelaide sa

convert

I have been a Ford man for as long as I can remember, my first being a 1948 Anglia.. Last year I bought a 2010 VE Berliner, Dual Fuel Holden, and can say I am now a convert to Holden now, Nothing before the VE though. It is great to drive, I get a weeks more use from a tank of gas than I did with my beloved Ford Fairmont.. I never thought I would buy other than Ford, but this car changed my mind..The deal I got from Jarvis ford, including their after sales service is one of the best deals I have ever had..and that is a great many.

BadgeBerlina
Date PurchasedFeb 2016
NipunaEranga

NipunaErangaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best ride. Feel the power

BadgeSS
Date PurchasedMay 2016
tommo

tommo

Luxury, power and awesome to drive

Love my big sedan V8, plenty of room for the family, huge boot. The ssv is fully optioned, even sports leather seats. My Z series has the front brembo brakes (a must with a large car). Sunroof is a must to top it off. Is thirsty if your pushing it, otherwise not much difference to the V6 variant. Will be sad to see the end of the Australian built Holden commodore

BadgeSS V

BazMorpeth

Worst car I ever owned

Date PurchasedJun 2012

SV6 Ute

Love the shape, love driving it when it runs ok.
Manual Gearbox, feels like a road ranger out of an old truck, clunks, grinds and the clutch pedal gets stuck on the floor. Has developed a miss only at idle and causes it to run like crap.
Think twice before buying anything with a v6 alloytec engine!!!!!!!

BodyUte
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedJun 2016

brass

brass

I've always been a Holden man, specially the commodores, they're a vehicle that are large and spacio

Holdens are affordable, if you drive a V8 like mine the right way you can get the same or even better fuel economy than a V6 or you can even get great results compare it with the 4 cylinder vehicle, reliability is great from Holden and when the car has problems or it breaks down, the costs are so much less and cheaper to afford than say a BMW, Mercedes, Audi, and can still have the same luxury as the more expensive cars.

BadgeCalais V

Date PurchasedDec 2016
kyle e

kyle eFrankston

best car ever

best 3 litre car on the market. hasn't once let me down bought at 150,000 now at 300,000 and it has plenty more to give. plenty of boot space. easy to add additional extras tow-bar, roof-racks and electronic brakes. Car starts first time every time, it's not thirsty for a 6 cylinder and it has a great safety rating.

Date PurchasedDec 2013
Webbie

WebbieSunshine Coast

Driver's like a racing car

In my opinion, this model car, handles very well on the road. However work still needs to be done in other areas. Electrical problems are a major issue with cruise control and computer. Engine hydraulic mounts leak oil and need replacing too often. Oil consumption is a little extreme and needs to be checked all the time.

Date PurchasedJan 2010
Tiana89

Tiana89Melbourne, Victoria

This car is awesome I love it

This car has amazing features to it it looks really nice feels good to travel in everything about it is great except the lock to the glove box in ours is busted but otherwise it's perfect it is the best car my family has ever owned I like how it has built in blootooth also

Engine SizeUnknown