Holden Commodore VT

55 questions from our users

Mike K.

Mike K.asked

Commodore VT (1997-2000)

hey ppls.. when i go to start my vt it wont start nothing at all?? ive got blinkers headlights and stuff but nothing on the Cluster my trip meter doesnt even show ive got a new battary but still no start does anyone have any Ideas as ive just plced 6 more mths of rego on it and now its just sitting for the last 2 mths....

mathew m.

mathew m.asked

Commodore VT (1997-2000)

Just done a motor swap with my vt supercharged v6 but with motor in and all hooked up it cranks over but it won't start. It just keeping popping out the exhaust do I need to remap computer or something?

Gordon M.

Gordon M.asked

How many VT V8 wagons were made

Wayne H.

Wayne H.asked

Commodore VT (1997-2000)

i have a vt that wont start ive changed ecu still wont start

Tiger
Tiger

I think If you change the ECU without changing body control module and key head the BCM thinks the car is being stolen and won't let the engine start.

Wayne H.

Wayne H.asked

Commodore VT (1997-2000)

hi i have a vt commordore that wont start ive changed the ecu and it still wont start

Timothy M.

Timothy M.asked

Commodore VT (1997-2000)

I have a Holden vt commodore will it go up in value once Holden closes just wondering

mirrabucca

Wish I knew. I have a VX - rare model, so I hope so...
It depneds on what you've got. Bog standard XA Falcons aren't worth much (yes, I know "My uncle's mother's car had 100 miles on it and 100% unrestored original.I saw a bloke advertise one the same on ebay for a million dollars"), but in the condition one would expect for a 20+ year old car, probably not much. And XA GT? well...
So if your's is worth keeping - to you, then maybe wait? 5 litre V8 manuals are worth keeping. Any V8 I would keep. Special models? Yep. Beauty of them is even at 20+ years old, they still go great and are very reliable. That might go against them as there will still be plenty around.

Sarah E
Sarah E

You do know Holden make vx commodores, not Ford$$$ Fun fact - fool everybody and make big $$ buying a Toyota Lexcen and flogging the badges off a VN in the Woolies carpark...

Andre C.

Andre C.asked

Hi guys,
I have a 97 vt,
My question to you is ... i tried hooking up my mates go kart trailer and all we could get is a r/h blinker to work, car working, trailer not. When we turned the car lights on, the light switch started smoking and then the fuse for taillights blew, replaced fuse same thing. Left the trailer behind..
Next morning i have a dead battery...
Recharged and started car ok, but i have found another problem.. i have no intrument lighting and and my parkers are on and switch is turned off....
Any advise would be appreciated

mirrabucca

Light switch is burned out. It will be melted inside allowing the battery to be connected directly to the lights. Either replace it yourself, or go to a friendly auto electrician. Tell them what you did so they can go straight to the problem.

Gali T.

Gali T.asked

Commodore VT (1997-2000)

Engine heat goes down when driving over 50 km / h and after I stop, the heat goes up to normal I checked with mechanic the heat of the engine with laser after driving and everything was normal What could be the problem?

Adam B.
Adam B.

Anyone know what i mean

Tashie Les

Tashie Lesasked

Commodore VT (1997-2000)

I keep blowing my fuese when I put my car in to reverse anyone have an idea what it could be

Milan P

Milan Pasked

Commodore VT (1997-2000)

Vx Commodor I put WINDSCREEN SOAP IN RADIATOR.
Will there be a problem as all ok now?

Jeffrey A.

Jeffrey A.asked

How much transmission oil does a Holden VT 20000 model,takes

N Comer N.

N Comer N.asked

Commodore VT (1997-2000)

My 99 vt ecotech went start it turns ova thn mks a clunk noise bfre this I had no loss of power it wasnt missing but started sounding like a tractor wasnt overheating any ideas

Kat

Katasked

Commodore VT (1997-2000)

I have a 2000 model Holden Vt commodore sedan 3.8 auto, I have brake issues. I've had brakes stick on and I've changed pads, rotors, calipers. Changed fluid bleed the line. But still having issues. And now my brakes but not hand brake, have failed. Could you please help, would it be master cylinder

Josh M.
Josh M.

Abs module maybe had a vs and front passenger side break failed to engage was abs module. If it doesn’t have abs then possibly it’s the master cylinder

Bbaker B.

Bbaker B.asked

Clean throttle body

zeth g.asked

Commodore VT (1997-2000)

I'm losing coolant through a hose in the cab near the gearbox it looks about same area where air-con dumps it's water . How can I fix it

zeth g.asked

Commodore VT (1997-2000)

I have coolent coming outta a hose near transmission it looks about same area where water comes out of air con

Philip N.asked

Commodore VT (1997-2000)

Fuse for vt windscreen wipers

Philip N.

where is the fuse for windscreen wipers

Philip N.

where is the fuse box located

zeth g.

Under steering wheel drivers side ya gotta unscrew the plastic cover also there's more fuses under bonnet drivers side

Andrew

Andrewasked

Commodore VT (1997-2000)

the wiper blade mechanism has a dome shaped plastic clip that holds one of the rod arms and its come off can you get new ones

Glenn C.

Glenn C.asked

Commodore VT (1997-2000)

Can someone tell me if I'm my 98 vt commodore when I turn the ignition of is the odometer display suppose to stay on ???
Glenn

Yet it's meant to

Jarrod G

Jarrod Gasked

Commodore VT (1997-2000)

My radio & windscreen wipers in my VT have both stopped working at the same time any suggestions on what may be the problem? I thought maybe a fuse but am not 100% sure

Bastard W.
Bastard W.

Mine has just done the same thing & the fuse are fine,its a strange one,,,

Other Wagons