Holden Commodore VX

43 questions from our users

Lorraine

Lorraineasked

Commodore VX (2000-2002)

I have a 2002 vu Ute 3.8 litre uno when a car takes off and the gearbox slips well it’s not actually slipping it’s pulling back but only on take off I have replaced gearbox,any ideas

nifty

niftyasked

Commodore VX (2000-2002)

How much oil do I put in after changing the oil filter

Damien W.

Damien W.asked

Commodore VX (2000-2002)

Can you start a vx without a alternator and no radiator

Sarah E

Yeah course ya can mate.... Let us know how you go...

Davovxss

Davovxssasked

Commodore VX (2000-2002)

I have a vxss, where is the starter motor ?

Tessa H.

Tessa H.asked

Commodore VX (2000-2002)

My Dad has a 2002 Holden Berlin's and he says it has a hum noise coming from the right hand side back wheel area. It is only noticeable when excelerating.
Does anyone know what it could be the trouble.
TESSA.

Peter S.

Peter S.asked

How much to fix my roof lining in my VX R8 2001 Clubby

Matt

Mattasked

Commodore VX (2000-2002)

I have a vt v6 supercharged and have just swapped motor over cos I blew old one up. But the motor I put in cranks over but won't start. It just popping thru exhaust? Any idea if I'm missing some thing

Philip C.

Philip C.asked

Commodore VX (2000-2002)

I swapped the ls1 motor over from VX to another VX the motor wines over by battery but will not start by key only

Please explain.

Damien D.

Damien D.asked

Commodore VX (2000-2002)

Go for a drive and stop then go to start it but just turns over why sencer???

Dwayne H

Dwayne Hasked

Commodore VX (2000-2002)

Hi i have a 2002 VX SS 5.8l.
Sometimes when i go to start it nothing happens all accessories work. I don't even get a tick sound. I give it a go 2 or 3 times then it kicks over and starts.
I have replaced the battery any other ideas?

Sarah E

Even cars get emotional at times. Try giving a rub on the middle of the driver's side door. This has a soothing effect on your vehicle, with the added bonus of ensuring your car feels appreciated.

Rick H.

Rick H.asked

Commodore VX (2000-2002)

Will a ve rear spoiler fit on a vx

erin w.asked

Commodore VX (2000-2002)

Vx calais 2001 blew top radiator hose.i replaced hose and replaced coolant and water next day .went fine .3 days later i brakedhard an engine oil light come on .smelt bit hot .next day I Len t car to friend to pin his son up a nn hour awa y and I did tell him to top up oil be for go i my on highway bit he didn't an 50 km ok t of town car overheated and stopped..he pulled th e thermostats out an pulled I tg with tow rope back int ok town.replaced my good battery with a Huge truck battery cause apparently mine was dead and now car clicks once then nothing.could it be starter motor

Where do I even start

Perry H.

Perry H.asked

Commodore VX (2000-2002)

my holden vx cranks but wont start had crank angle sensor changed and it went ok for upto 2 weeks now it's doing the same thing after i changed the switch panel for the windows

William
William

Hi Perry, I see that you've done all you can to try and fix the "crank and won't start" problem on your vx Commodore. As they say, It could mean your engine is having trouble producing a spark, getting fuel, or getting compression. They say most common causes are in the ignition (for example, a bad ignition coil) or fuel system (for example, a clogged fuel filter) or a mechanical fault ( for example, a leaking valve), or faulty components in other systems. best advice, get it checked with your trusted mechanic dealer.

Mookie
Mookie

The most overlooked thing in cars is cleaning the throttle body , why you even replaced crank angle sensor if its not throwing a code is anyones guess , im an automotive technician , i have come across that many dirty throttle bodys in this country with people having zero clue that they have to be cleaned at least once a year , and throttle bodys can cause a no start issue and continuos cranking with car seeming to want to start but does not , THROTTLE BODY PAL !

Terryr D.

Terryr D.asked

Commodore VX (2000-2002)

How to tell if I have a genuine holden vx commodore s pak

mirrabucca

Call your Holden dealer. Quote them the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) from the lower left of the windscreen. The dealer will tell you what you've got.
Basically the S pak had steering wheel controls, Air Conditioning, power windows, lower (FE2) suspension, mag wheels (16 inch 5 spoke with wider low-profile tyres), body kit including rear spoiler (smaller than the SS spoiler), no high-level brake light in the rear window - there's an LED one in the spoiler), bigger diameter front stabiliser bar, two black plastic imitation vents in the front spoiler where there was fog lights on the SS, Special seat fabric with a stylised "S" on the base. a limited range of body colours (black, red, white, that horrible metallic yellow. There were some "Monaro" commemorative models produced, in the series one only. They were produced in the Monaro-only colours, metallic blue, metallic green, tiger mica and of course the Devil Yellow. There was only 6 cars of each colour produced. All S paks had body coloured door handles on the outside.

Terryr D.

Terryr D.asked

Commodore VX (2000-2002)

How to tell if i have a genuine vx s pak

Rodney R.

Rodney R.asked

Commodore VX (2000-2002)

Where is the senser for the gearbox n if rear diff has one where is it located?

Julie K.

Julie K.asked

Commodore VX (2000-2002)

I have trouble with the car starting . I have to leave key turned on for 15 minutes then u can start it.

tash a.
tash a.

sounds like an immobiliser issue. try getting in the car, locking and unlocking with the key, then starting it.

Trevor H

Trevor Hasked

Commodore VX (2000-2002)

Hi! I have a VX Calais, first problem E the airbag light stays on. The second problem is as soon I put the headlights on the abs light comes on. When I put my foot on the brakes the abs light goes off until I release the brake pedal.

Trevor H

Trevor Hasked

Commodore VX (2000-2002)

Hi! I have a VX Calais. First off my air bag light stays on, second thing is when driving during the day the ABS is fine, as soon as I put my headlights on the abs lights up until I put the brakes on. As soon as I take the brakes off the light comes back on!

Lister B.

Lister B.asked

Commodore VX (2000-2002)

With my ignition on and motor not running I have a ticking noise from the top back of the motor I think it has something to do with the fuel line that goes into the motor

Sunset_Sam
Sunset_Sam

Hi difficult to diagnose without hearing BUT read through the following threads ... it may help ...

mirrabucca

Hi Lister. You said engine NOT running. Does it make the sound just when you turn the ignition on, then go away?
If so, its the idle air control motor opening the throttle ready for you to start it.
If not, possibly something loose allowing fuel pump pulsations to move the fuel hoses? Does it eventually stop? The fuel pump starts when you turn the ignition on the will stop unless you start the engine.

Other Wagons