Holden Commodore VZ

Holden Commodore VZ (2004-2006) Questions & Answers (page 2 of 4)

73 questions from our users

James B.

James B.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

we replaced the motor n my wagon now will not turn over at all tells me fuel gauge error contact dealer need to be able to do myself as on pension

Cassandra J.

Cassandra J.asked

Can I put my computer out of my vz sv6 onto another vz sv6 engine

Jess

Jessasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

04 executive is coding an ECC fault, from what I can find on here and forums that seems to be climate control but my car just has the standard heater and aircon not actual climate control, please help?

Ross

Rossasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

2006 Executive starts then stops,start again goes fine, then next time try to start winds over but not firing for 3/4 times then it starts an is fine ,don't know y dose this

Tiffany

Tiffanyasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

My car has a code for the stock stereo but its been entered too many times and now it says 'lock out 1 hour' how do I fix it? Please note, I still have the code and have taken out the battery overnight.

Vz 1st car

Vz 1st carasked

Hi there. My vz sedan 05
Has had alot of problems? Due to me not always being the driver as ive not yet got a permit. unfortuneatly puts me out of pocket when somethings wrong with it.
With out fail. Since buying in 2017 2nd hand. Replacing the transmission. All of the nessersary 10,000 km servicing. Next went the starter. A friend put it in limp mode. Saftey mode.
A friend ran a data scan
Fixed the limp safety mode.
Drove done to warrnambool from melboune.
Wasnt starting properly
Damaged driver door
Pulled to oppisite way when drivers door was open as a friend got the door jarded an bent forward while open
Next it keep misfiring.
Charged battery
Charged battery put back in
Still misfiring.
No womt start at all

Having to unlock deadlock. Lock then wind windows down or role it back to start
Got a new battery looked at fuses an relays. Ingnition replay an acc control heat up beyond temp. When car on in accessories. Key turned on unlocks fine from button. Cant unlock key in door tho ?
Put key in ignition an turn to acc algood codes flashing being
Service soon
Air bag fault
Abs fault
Srs fault
Very low fuel
. But no noise click or sounds when turning to key to start an turn the car over.
I really need help
I brought a brand new battery. Put it in an nope.
Plz anyone

Zane G.

Zane G.asked

That question about my thermo fans are realise was on a VZ 2004 Commodore

Sunset_Sam

Also read this thread first it may be of help in troubleshooting your problem sounds similar to yours ...

Zane G.

Zane G.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

I have replaced my thermo fans and shroud and relays and my relays are still getting hots as well as the ones under the dash

Hi

Check out this thread and see if it's helpful ?

Tye E.

Tye E.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

I have a Holden vz sv6 2005 auto.
Any solution on why it is starting to slip out of drive in to into neutral when driving.

Hi

Post your question here ... https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/forums/vz-holden-commodore-2004-2006.54/

Jazzy S

Jazzy Sasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

Whining noise as accelerate. Any ideas why?

Nigel

Nigelasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

Are there any known issues to look out for in a 2005 Holden SVZ ute. The one my son is looking at is $6000, but has issues with the electrics blowing fuses which the owner said he will get fixed. To me it smells of problems creeping in and may be plagued with issues. Help, before he goes ahead with the purchase. I can't seem to get commonsense into the 18 y/o.

Hi

This is a very good place to start ...

marco
marco

It may be the fusable link from your battery?

Paddy

Paddyasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

My 2006 VZ Commodore is running roughly with engine light coming on, airbag light coming on, LHS front headlight not working, no rear lights and no brake lights. Any thoughts?
Thank you!

Sunset_Sam

Have a quick read or post a question ... great forum ... https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vz-rough-idle-fixed.267974/

Anthony

Anthonyasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

Can I put a cc fuel pump into a vz?

Kim

Kimasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

2005 vz adventra turns over but wont start mech checked and found low compression he put oil down cylinders car ran well no oil use and not blowing smoke but did the same thing 4 months later. Any ideas?

brian

I would recommend to have the vehicle towed to another mechanical repairs and servicing workshop though, it seems like need another engine from your description which may be that better off buying another better car.

Scottie W

Scottie Wasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

Had an issue with abs fault, disconnected my battery for 5 mins.
After re connecte battery I've lost all dash displays and car won't start.
Help!!

brian

This seems like it's most likely a fault within the electrics so first I would recommend to buy and fit a new battery and if that doesn't work then possibly it's time to have your vehicle towed to a holden australia workshop or perhaps a reasonable auto electrician workshop may be able to help and the auto electrician is usually cheaper as well.

Helen T

Helen Tasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

need to see how the vac hose go backon my motor vz 2006 holden. Any help?

Mike

Mikeasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

If a 2006 commodore executive has 211000 kms how will the chains last?

Tom Seaford
Tom Seaford

If you can change the oil every 10,000, they will go for another 100,000

terry c

terry casked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

2004 commodore wagon 3565 it will shutdown while traveling at 80klm, no power breaks no lights on power steering, it will be difficult to start but no all the time. HELP

Warren
Warren

Sorry can't help. I never had any problems with the VZ I had. I suspect it could be a computer problem. In my 2006 VE the AC stopped working. I phoned the agent and he said pull out #7 fuse and see if resetting helps. It did. It did it once more but never again after that. A long straw and I don't know which fuse you would need to pull out.

Fiona

Fionaasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

My VZ has started running badly when it gets to a certain temp. Doesnt overhear. I pull over and let it cool then drive again why would it be doing this?

GGS

GGSasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

Horn sounds when locking the vehicle with 3 or 4 short blows -- What is the reason for this as it never did in the past?

Adam N.
Adam N.

One of your door sensors might be buggered or a door might not be shut properly

Other Wagons