Holden Commodore VZ

Holden Commodore VZ (2004-2006) Questions & Answers (page 3 of 4)

73 questions from our users

Jessie M

Jessie Masked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

How many 2005 berlina vz 5.7L were made?

Banger3333
Banger3333

Adam D

Adam Dasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

If i change my computer in my 04 vz 1 tonne ute and my key once changed, why would my car not start?

brad

bradasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

2005 vz, third brake light behind cab ,body keeps popping off . any thoughts on sticking on properly? thanks

grasshopper

grasshopperasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

vz 5.7 runs rough and uses twice as much fuel and if i put my foot down with it in 6th gear and flood it so to speak it comes good runs fine and fuel consumption is back to norm ????

Ardi

Ardiasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

my air bag light has come on the dash and says srs air bag fault. would anyone know why?

A P
A P

The VT- VZ had a design flaw with the clock spring. This is likely the cause, but only a Mechanic/ Dealer can tell you what exactly is going on.

mick

mickasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

when changing the oil I went to undo oil filter nut and it snapped what do I do I have a spare but don't know how to get it removed?

Sam O
Sam O

This is a very common problem in VZ and VE alloytec engines. I have been changing my VE's filters without any problems. The trick is to let the engine completely cool down and use a sock with long bar. Then use a jerking force to loosen the cap and remove it. I would suggest to use a torque wrench and tighten 25nm or rule of thumb (slight hand tight). Now regarding your broken nut. i can suggest a few things but not sure if this will work.

1) You can try with cat type filter strap
2) You can try with the big plier wrench
3)If the above tools slips (try putting a microfibre cloth on top of the cap and then attach the tool) remember to work with a cool engine.
4)Check this video on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX748g-mwrY
5) if you have a grinder, grind a corner of it slightly so you can fit a philips screw and then slightly hit it with a hammer(anti clock wise)
6) Consult with a mechanic
7) You may have to change the complete housing

Hope this helps

Huwie

Huwieasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

I'm looking at buying a vz sv8 ls1 powered commodore, it has a t in the odometer display which reads 136t000. What does this mean?

brian

It seems like - most likely the car has travelled 136 000 ( one hundred and thirty six thousand kilometres )

Ben

Benasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

Hi I'm looking at a 2006 vz Commodore what engine has this car got 5.7 or 6l?

brian

Better to ask holden australia this question to possibly recieve a valuable answer

K B

K Basked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

There seems to be 2 spots to put oil in. On the top and the yellow cap just to the side. I had a friend fill it for me and he put oil in the top cap. Has he put it in the wrong spot???

SandyG
SandyG

Hi, There is only one fill point.

Greg
Greg

Always consult a workshop manual or the booklet that came with the car(if you still have it) before doing any maintenance on the car.

Aaron W
Aaron W

It sounds like he has put it in your radiator

Shane

Shaneasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

Can I run my 05 vz sv6 without a thermostat?

SilverSnake
SilverSnake

You can, However it is not recommended. Thermostats are there to help the engine reach operating temperature faster for reduced engine wear and emissions. Running the engine without a thermostat will result in prolonged engine warmup times.

Graham Dransfield

Graham Dransfieldasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

Why won't the CD player eject or receive cds?

Bally
Bally

Does your Cd player make a noise when you turn it off. Like a winding noise. Our 2005 VZ Lumina has the same problem. I thought it was the aerial going down. Then I looked further into the noise, and found out there is a cd stuck inside so it wont eject or receive..

Slaine X.
Slaine X.

Children often deposit coins into them as well as I discovered. After removing the system and shaking the 2 coins out it worked.

Sm0key

Sm0keyasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

I have 2004 vz ss just brought it second hand ran great for a week and a bit... but now I've gone through 2 battery in as many days have been told could be coil or regulater on back of altinater or a loose earth somewhere need to know for sure I don't wanna fork out unnecessary coin. Any ideas?

Joey Gammon
Joey Gammon

Did u put in an acter market stereo ?

Brax

Braxasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

iv got a 2006 vz ute (v6)
when im accelerating the car has no balls moves like a slug it makes a fluttery sound when this is happening
its been serviced recently
i thought it would have been the catbacks or exhaust so i got it all changed
fuel filter is recent
iv been running 98 petrol
please help !!

Rob
Rob

This maybe this is too simple, but one vz I had did a similar thing and all it was was the small hose that goes up into the underside of the carbie had come off. You need a pair of really long nosed pliers to put it back on, if it's that. Also check all the plug leads,some of mine had a habit of coming loose on some of the plugs. Good luck..

Mrsholden

Mrsholdenasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

Can I change a vz 2006 engine to a vz 2005 engine HELP PLEASE?

Wiffa
Wiffa

No idea. You should ring your nearest holden dealer

No idea. Sorry.

Borisasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

2005 VZ commodore. Dash lights went off this morning, tail lights still ok Speedo reads 60 kph and tacho on 1100 revs even with key out of the ignition.
Anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks

Thomas Clayton

Have you tried disconnecting your battery for 5-10 minutes and letting electronics reset?

Let me know how it goes.

Boris

Thanks Thomas. I will give that a go.

B.B

I guess electric reset is a good idea otherwise you should probably take it to a service.

Lisa

Lisaasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

High beam lights won't work.but lights are ok. Any ideas?

Thomas Clayton

Hello Lisa im not a qualified mechanic however my guess would be to check the following:

Fuse compartment (located in engine bay?)
High beam solenoid
Last resort but prob unlikely indicator stalk switch?

Just for kicks disconnecting battery for 5 minutes then reconnecting just in case its some silly electronics gremlin that might need a reset?

I would have thought a good mechanic should fix this easily enough.

Let me know how you go good luck!

Stoneyasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

Had flat battery now no radio. any ideas?

Big.Bill
Big.Bill

If battery flat or disconnected then radio will need 4 digit security code to activate radio. Code should be on car manual or service guide or go to GMH holden dealership with vin or compliance plate number and dealership give you 4 digit security code.

Jo

Russell cammasked

Does vz2004 sedan have ABS braking

Seanie JR
Seanie JR

Yes , the Commodore VZ does have ABS braking , it's a BOSCH system , Commodores have used ABS for a long time now .

Lucko1077

Lucko1077asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

Vz ss leaking coolant underneath on lhs can't see any area from where it's coming from, any ideas?

Captain  Curley.
Captain Curley.

Hi there Lucko
The obvious areas of coolant leakage are the radiator hoses and connections also check the water pump and the hose to the heater controls this can be hard to spot
The radiator is prone to splitting as well and the water will track across the bottom of the mounting and appear on the opposite side to the fault good luck with this
Regards Cpt Curley

Fiona

Fionaasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

What does it mean when the tool symbol comes up on your dash and starts makeing a nose i have a 2004 model sv8 vz 5.7L holden commodoor?

Danny
Danny

Take it to supercheap and have it diagnosed, you have a service problem.

Other Wagons