Holden Commodore

Holden Commodore (page 2 of 19)

ZB (2018), VE (2006-2013), VF (2013-2017), VS (1995-1997), VT (1997-2000) and 3 more

Drives well

My daily commuter a ve series 1 2007 dual fuel , When i brought the car it had timing chain issues but i drove it like that for 50,000km then i decided to change them (they were missing by a tooth on the gear) because of the check engine light , after that it was no problem but car went the same , good smooth car , good on lpg , shockers get leaky after about 150,000km , it's a typical aussie car very reliable besides the timing faults , nice to drive , handles surprisingly well, had it for 5 years , big back space , huge inside feels like a lounge , plenty of power , and if you like engine noise when you step on it , it's there , safe car .

Date PurchasedOct 2007

Old Car. Still lives on

I own a 1994 Holden Berlina, even tho my car has Fair Wear and Tear condition. It still drives and works at its perk. I just love older cars. In the space of the 8 years I have owed my car. It has broken down only 3 times. No lie only 3.

BadgeBerlina
Date PurchasedAug 2010

Money Pit

Bought a series 1 SV6 with 6 speed manual. 83,000kms when I bought it in 2015, 135,000kms when i sold it 2018. Loved it as it was my first car. After about 2 years of ownership the problems began. Clutch died, radiator cracked, washer bottle cracked, radiator hose split, driver's side strut-top loosened and rattled like a jar of change. Exhaust formed a leak at catalytic converter weld, went through 2 engine oil pressure sensors in 1 year, air con compressor made a hell of a racket, and of course the timing chains stretched. Spent over $8k in repairs not including servicing every 10,000kms (whoever decided on 15k intervals should be shot).

Good space, good interior and exterior styling, good power, good gear box.

Will never buy another commodore as Holden failed miserably on the VE.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Excellent Drive

The interior look is also best described as elegant, with fresh shapes that flow cohesively into the door trims and centre console. There’s a general air of quality about it, but it’s let down by some cheap-feeling controls and switches, particularly the climate control knobs. The unmatchable mileage is what really excited me for the purchase.

BadgeEsteem
Engine Size2.0
Date PurchasedAug 2018

great car, lots of space, smooth ride

A great vehicle for a family, whether commuting or long distance (drove it from Melbourne to Brisbane over two days, with no problems whatsoever), mine has only 59 000 kms (being an ex company vehicle, so not thrashed). The six speed automatic is smooth and powerful, though I wonder if the fuel consumption is actually more than stated. The only minor complaint I have is that the back wagon door doesn't shut properly, unless closed very carefully: often takes multiple attempts to do it right, otherwise no issues and I'm very happy with it.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Big spacious,cruise, reliae

I use my car commuting to work mostly as I ttavel 60ks four times a week as a.musician I think this car is ideal because of it cruise control and good in.feul, I get the. At serviced every 10,000 ks, and I have had no issues with it.I think that I will get my moneys worth and it will last me years, I like the spacious boot, and room inside the car

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Dual fuel omega best ccar ive owned!

My 2010 omega has clocked up 624000 kms, interstate trips almost every week and back and forth to perth a thousand times
Great economy on fuel and gas ,motor is quiet cold and im sure it's going to go for ages yet.the interior is a bit daggy but planning an upgrade to sv6 interior soon.

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Nice car with all bells and whistles

Bought our Holden Calais VF in 2016 from Brighton Holden., best decision we made. We have had a BMW and other cars but this one ticked all the boxes. It is powerful, spacious, latest tech, drives well, mileage is good too. My wife loves it's self parking function and the Bose speakers

BadgeCalais V
Date PurchasedApr 2016

Superb Sports Car.

I love the design and acceleration of holden commodore sv6 2018. Interior is awesome and very comfortable for long daily driving and options like apple carplay and wireless mobile charging and 360 camera provide you all quality feature and 5 year warranty will cover your all cost of damage. I recommend buying roadside assistance for it.

Get what you pay for

Car drives well. Handling is good. Road noise is average. Interior doesn't differ too much from the ve and is starting to look a bit dated already. Bluetooth is a nice function. Econony is right on what you would expect. Overall the car is fine without being fantastic. Good value for money

BadgeEquipe
Date PurchasedJan 2018

Very pleased

This is my seventh Holden and I have never had any problems with any of them. I bought it second hand one year old. Our family has owned many different makes and models and I rate this the the best car I have owned. It is quiet on the road, handles well and is comfortable. I use it mainly for long trips and it is surprisingly economical for a big car. Only thing I have had replaced was a broken dust seal around the latch on the tailgate and this was done under warranty. Capped servicing is reasonable compared with other cars I have compared it with. Pity it is the last of the rear drive Aussie cars.

BadgeCalais
Date PurchasedJul 2016

Holden VE 2011 Omega Series 2 TOTAL LEMON

this car is a complete LEMON Holden customer care DONT CARE!
I WILL NEVER RECOMEND HOLDEN TO ANYONE.
nothing but problems with this heap of crap.
paid 15 k second hand have spent already another 4- 5 K IN REPAIRS so far on
timing chain set
rear main seals x 2 + servicing

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Great car, but few problems

Was a great car to buy brand new. Just a few finish problems, the unit under the passenger seat is loose and allows water in.
The passenger seat cover (standard) lifts at the base.
The MyLink is super buggy but can live with it.
Has plenty of room in all aspects, leg, boot and rear passenger.
Gearbox was way too soft.

Date PurchasedDec 2013

why is Lpg not popular any more

Just went back to owning a Commodore wagon. I had a Mitsubishi triton diesel for about 7 years, I got fed up with the running costs especially when diesel hit $1.59 a litre, service costs, and it needed a new set of injectors. (4-5 thousand) I bought an ex government Commodore Lpg wagon. Brilliant car, heaps of extras on the basic model, 650ks to a tank around town, I can almost drive to Sydney for a tank of gas, eat your heart out Tesla.

BadgeEvoke
Date PurchasedJun 2018

Long term reliable car

623,521km , yep those k,s are real for a 2010 dual fuel omega.its been adelaide to melbourne every other weekend and some darwin trips too. (Very widespread family) , once the warranty was up i changed oils at 10, 000 k intervals and serviced trans and dif oils once a year.its had two sets of iridium plugs and really feels no different than when i first got it.ive been really impressed with the car and have upgraded shocks and am running nrembos off a hsv all round.air con is great and gets re gassed every other year and ive replaced the radiator once.very happy!

Date PurchasedApr 2010

This car is great

They've holden commodore is a terrific car for the family. Plenty of space for the kids and lots of space Im the boot. This is good reliable car that is comfortable and easy to run. It handles all weather situations and performs as well as any other commodore. I would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants a affordable car that performs well.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great car smooth nice breaking has plenty of power I find seats hard to get used to only downfall is

Nice car to drive it's smooth and quiet handles well good breaking no real bad noises until you get over 100km there's noise in dash
Nice finish in interior but the plastic moulding on drivers side seat made very poorly and always breaks and they aren't cheap unless you leave hanging or put couple of ugly tech screws to hold in place

Badge25th Anniversary
Engine Size3.8
Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great to drive

The car great petrol wise around town poor going to head from to Melbourne 870 klm see how goes on fuel only got 1800 kilometers its the spitfire green color only problem you can't use the power it got my luck there be a cop around the corner my foot aches trying not press on peddle

BadgeSS V Redline
Engine Size6.2
Date PurchasedDec 2017

Redline Ute SSV

Car sounds like a V8 should especially with a cat back exhaust. Very comfortable. Minimum maintenance. Extremely reliable. Manual shift easy to use. Gates don’t clunk. Fuel economy reasonable. Keeping its value and worth more than I paid for it. Good build quality. HUD very handy. Great touring vehicle on the freeway. Does 110km/h@1100rpm. Balance of factory warranty till 4/23.

BadgeSS V Redline
BodyUte
Date PurchasedJan 2018

Very spacious

I absolutely love driving this car it is very nice leather interior which is easy to clean. It's a very spacious family car with plenty of space for the kids to seat without being very close to each other. I love all the compartments in the car. I absolutely love the sensor that comes on with automatic lighting and when you put the car into drive the doors automatically lock which is a safety thing. It's great on fuel especially long trips out on the highway.

BadgeSS Storm