Holden Commodore

Holden Commodore (page 3 of 21)

VE, VZ, VY, etc...

• Features

aussie_cameron

aussie_cameronCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Love driving this car

Bought the VF Sportswagon back in Feb 2015, had to wait a few weeks as I wanted the 2015 model with additional features. Everyone who’s been in the car loves it. Lots of space, smooth, fairly quiet, leather interior, handles well and goes like the living Jesus when you want it too. Pretty good on juice does about 800klms to the 80 litre tank. Best car ever, will keep it for a while yet!

Great Car

Awesome car, really comfortable, plenty of power and looks great. Had no problems with it at all so far, would recommend it to anyone that’d listen, assuming you can afford the fuel.

Lisa S

Lisa SMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very reliable

I own a 2012 ve ss manual.
Fantastic car!! I had to replace the radiator hose back in 2016 and that is the only time the car has had to stop.
Battery gave up in 2016 also lasted 4 years.
Had to replace the traction button recently in 2018 and had to replace the reverse camera as it was faulty in 2018 all under warranty. I have done full logbook and never needed any extra work. Couldnt speak more highly of it. Also still on the original brakes which are going on 7 years old and the still have life left!!

RonakMistry

RonakMistryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

this is one of the good car i am driving

it seem very spacious, 3.6 LPG is with great power, nice driving experience, it is very economical as it on LPG and i see my fuel expanse has gone down by 45% monthly. it did come with spare wheel. can not complain much. hope to use it for long time.

Amanda C

Amanda CIllawarra, NSW

Absolutely love this car, best purchase to date!

We drive this car for everyday driving and far travels, best car for road trips! The interior is perfect and the black edition is by far the best release of the SV6’s

Sji

Sji

Great car sadly murdered by GM

Like Saab I've no idea how Holden did such a car with so little respect from Detroit. GM. The most misguided car outfit ever.
Our VZ has all the gear and equipment you really need even 14yrs on. Great on rough roads. Rugged. Nice on my eyes too. Nothing special but a well thought out family car for the pre-SUV era.
Full electrics, huge space, nicely weighted steering, auto headlights, locking (and a real key I love not a credit card to go wrong!).
Fuel economy is awful and safety should be better. Many are driven by goons. Yet 2 to 4 airbags, abs isn't enough for 2005. Great boot. Just a nice simple car with an easy to access engine bay vs our other cars!

Tim

TimSydney, NSW

2000 Holden Commodore Lumina VX

ZB commodore tourer Calais V AWD V6

New car had 1 day tailgate, back at dealer 1 week , still not fixed completely. Other problems with car still not fixed, Holdens attitude very bad. Don't buy this car!!!!!!

Greg

.mee

.meeSouthern and Hills, SA

An amazing car ..

Bought my 07 ve omega 2 weeks ago,
It is 3.6 petrol/factory gas, I get about 600 klms from 73 ltrs of gas have only used half a tank of petrol, this car is so smooth to drive, cannot feel the change from petrol to gas and back, it's one of the best maintained second hand cars I have driven, a credit to previous owners, nothing to spend on it as yet, everything works great, can't fault it, I average 800 klicks per week, and the comfort it gives is second to none...in closing...I love it !

S.G

S.GAdelaide

Wouldn’t dream of any other car.

I bought a beautiful red VF ssv redline about 2 years ago. Start of 2017. It caught my eye and every other vf that I looked at just didn’t appeal to me and I kept going back to the exact car that caught my eye from the moment I saw it. I knew it was the one! So I bought it. And it’s the best car I’ve ever owned in my life it was 2014 model. It has so much power I loved it! So immaculate and fancy inside and out, handles very very well and never ever found one problem with it. It may be a V8 but it’s still the perfect car for that ideal family who love style and class. It has the special car seat safety harness attachments inside the seats too so extra safe for a baby!

BadgeSS V Redline
Engine Size6.0
TransmissionAuto with select shift sports automatic
Date PurchasedJan 2017
Josho

Joshoperth

Good quality car

Very impressed, reliable and looks great - was choosing between this and a similar model and glad I chose what I did as I have been thoroughly impressed and blown away by the craftsmanship and sheer reliability of this stellar vehicle just time and time again. Would def recommend as a great car.

Engine Size3.0
Date PurchasedMar 2012
The Bull

The BullGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

2012 VE SSZ

Although i have not had the car long it is a blast to drive, especially having the 6 speed manual. There are lots of windy corners in my area and this beast just loves corners! The factory stereo is crap. The car has rear muffler delete so it sounds more like a V8 should. On a 470km trip i averaged 9.7L/100km which is great for the size of the engine and car. I have always maintained my own cars and i always do oil and filter at 5000km, not 10,000 or 15,000 as Holden suggest. Look after your car and it will look after you.

BadgeSS Z Series
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedDec 2018
Jay

JayWellington

Comfortable large performance sedan with attitude when needed.

Engine Size6.2

Date PurchasedJan 2018
GG1

GG1

Great v6

I have had about 11 cars in 18 years - all from different makers, from Hiunday to Ford, to Renault and Kia - all sports cars. My partner’s had Holdens before. I never did. I really enjoy driving my SW and forget there is a V6 under the bonnet. The dealership was pretty good too and not too pushy.

BodySportwagon

BadgeSV6
Date PurchasedOct 2016
Onases

Onases

Aussie icon and I love it

I had a 2005 sv6 the hsv by design edition as well as a Lumina 2005 ar the same time at one stage both were low kms and were well maintained by their original owners.

The sv6 was 5 speed, leather seats, body kit and shifters on the stearing wheel. Wsy above average for the cars around ay that time.

And the lumina had its body kit and the inside wasnt much different than other vzs.

The vz was a great car, quick of the mark, solid and if the car was looked after then you are a happy driver.

Only con about them is that due to their age the little annoying things continually require fixing such as thermostat, radiator and leaking hoses

BadgeSV6 Z Series
Date PurchasedMay 2015
K A W

K A WNewcastle

Great Big Australian

I purchased the last of the Australian built SV6 Commodore Wagon. I love this car so much and still look forward to my 30min drive to work each day. The quality is excellent and the amount of tech astounded me. This car self parks (thought I wouldn’t use it but I do) auto headlights and great sound system and Sat nav. Such a shame we don’t build in Australia anymore. My last Aussie built car was a 1967 HR Premier i used back in the 70’s. On average its sitting on 9.4 L per 100km so not bad for a great big Australian.

BadgeSV6