21Holden Commodore

77% · 34658 · 13%

Sji
Sji5 posts
  VZ

Great car sadly murdered by GM

Like Saab I've no idea how Holden did such a car with so little respect from Detroit. GM. The most misguided car outfit ever.
Our VZ has all the gear and equipment you really need even 14yrs on. Great on rough roads. Rugged. Nice on my eyes too. Nothing special but a well thought out family car for the pre-SUV era.
Full electrics, huge space, nicely weighted steering, auto headlights, locking (and a real key I love not a credit card to go wrong!).
Fuel economy is awful and safety should be better. Many are driven by goons. Yet 2 to 4 airbags, abs isn't enough for 2005. Great boot. Just a nice simple car with an easy to access engine bay vs our other cars!
Tim
TimSydney, NSW8 posts
  VX
Maureen S.
Maureen S.

ZB commodore tourer Calais V AWD V6

New car had 1 day tailgate, back at dealer 1 week , still not fixed completely. Other problems with car still not fixed, Holdens attitude very bad. Don't buy this car!!!!!!
Greg
GregSouth Australia10 posts
Sunset_Sam
Sunset_SamPerth, WA48 posts
.mee
.meeSouthern and Hills, SA6 posts

An amazing car

Bought my 07 ve omega 2 weeks ago,
It is 3.6 petrol/factory gas, I get about 600 klms from 73 ltrs of gas have only used half a tank of petrol, this car is so smooth to drive, cannot feel the change from petrol to gas and back, it's one of the best maintained second hand cars I have driven, a credit to previous owners, nothing to spend on it as yet, everything works great, can't fault it, I average 800 klicks per week, and the comfort it gives is second to none...in closing...I love it !
Leigh
LeighAdelaide31 posts
  Verified VF

Wouldn’t dream of any other car

I bought a beautiful red VF ssv redline about 2 years ago. Start of 2017. It caught my eye and every other vf that I looked at just didn’t appeal to me and I kept going back to the exact car that caught my eye from the moment I saw it. I knew it was the one! So I bought it. And it’s the best car I’ve ever owned in my life it was 2014 model. It has so much power I loved it! So immaculate and fancy inside and out, handles very very well and never ever found one problem with it. It may be a V8 but it’s still the perfect car for that ideal family who love style and class. It has the special car seat safety harness attachments inside the seats too so extra safe for a baby! Show details
Josho
Joshoperth

Good quality car

Very impressed, reliable and looks great - was choosing between this and a similar model and glad I chose what I did as I have been thoroughly impressed and blown away by the craftsmanship and sheer reliability of this stellar vehicle just time and time again. Would def recommend as a great car.

The Bull
The BullGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts

2012 VE SSZ

Although i have not had the car long it is a blast to drive, especially having the 6 speed manual. There are lots of windy corners in my area and this beast just loves corners! The factory stereo is crap. The car has rear muffler delete so it sounds more like a V8 should. On a 470km trip i averaged 9.7L/100km which is great for the size of the engine and car. I have always maintained my own cars and i always do oil and filter at 5000km, not 10,000 or 15,000 as Holden suggest. Look after your car and it will look after you.

Jay
JayWellington
Sam
SamBrisbane
GG1
GG15 posts

Great v6

I have had about 11 cars in 18 years - all from different makers, from Hiunday to Ford, to Renault and Kia - all sports cars. My partner’s had Holdens before. I never did. I really enjoy driving my SW and forget there is a V6 under the bonnet. The dealership was pretty good too and not too pushy.

Jade
JadeGold Coast12 posts
Onases
Onases9 posts
  VZ

Aussie icon and I love it

I had a 2005 sv6 the hsv by design edition as well as a Lumina 2005 ar the same time at one stage both were low kms and were well maintained by their original owners.

The sv6 was 5 speed, leather seats, body kit and shifters on the stearing wheel. Wsy above average for the cars around ay that time.

And the lumina had its body kit and the inside wasnt much different than other vzs.

The vz was a great car, quick of the mark, solid and if the car was looked after then you are a happy driver.

Only con about them is that due to their age the little annoying things continually require fixing such as thermostat, radiator and leaking hoses

K A W
K A WNewcastle8 posts

Great Big Australian

I purchased the last of the Australian built SV6 Commodore Wagon. I love this car so much and still look forward to my 30min drive to work each day. The quality is excellent and the amount of tech astounded me. This car self parks (thought I wouldn’t use it but I do) auto headlights and great sound system and Sat nav. Such a shame we don’t build in Australia anymore. My last Aussie built car was a 1967 HR Premier i used back in the 70’s. On average its sitting on 9.4 L per 100km so not bad for a great big Australian.

Clara
ClaraMelbourne8 posts
  VE

Great car for the family. Plenty of room, good on fuel

I use my car daily ferrying the kids to school as well as commuting to and from work, we regularly take it on the open road, goes beautifully. I service it every 6 months, no known issues so far. This car was very well maintained by its previous owner. All I’ve had to do was put new tyres on it and replace brake pads, it’s a very comfortable family car. And so far very reliable.

After driving manual transmission cars for the last 20 years the auto transmission is an added bonus! My VE is one of the best cars I’ve ever owned.

Jimmy Kay
Jimmy KayHobart, TAS2 posts

Avoid VZ commodores

Bought as daily driver, 2nd hand. Worst car I've ever owned. Overcharging and burning relays. No mechanics or auto elecs can tell me why.

2nd set of timing chains after 250thou ks.

Sensors dying left right & centre.

Rattles & noises galore.

Trash mileage.

Just a heap of junk in general.

Avoid holdens.

Aidan
AidanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts
  VF

Final Holden made in Aus!

Fantastic car! The last ever made in Australia and we are glad we bought one. Used daily for family travel this car provided comfort as well as luxury. Getting serviced every 6-8months is working well, still only on our first set of breaks but third set of tires, the down side to low profile tires.

KKK
KKKVIC3 posts

one of the best car's

i use this car pretty much everyday and nothing has ever gone wrong with it. the car is very basic car but is perfect for every day life. i've only had to get the car serviced one or twice over the past 3-4 years that i have owned the car. but those were mainly just because of the fact that the car was old. but other than that one of the best cars that you could possibly own

Alan H
Alan HAU7 posts

such a good car

Love my Commos, good, solid reliable car. you can crash most cars and they are a complete right off - Not a commodore it will take a hit and keep on going. Parts are easy to find and cheap and the few minor issues they have later in life is easy fixed.

Garyh
GaryhSouthwest, VIC4 posts
Joe
JoeMelbourne22 posts

Drives well

My daily commuter a ve series 1 2007 dual fuel , When i brought the car it had timing chain issues but i drove it like that for 50,000km then i decided to change them (they were missing by a tooth on the gear) because of the check engine light , after that it was no problem but car went the same , good smooth car , good on lpg , shockers get leaky after about 150,000km , it's a typical aussie car very reliable besides the timing faults , nice to drive , handles surprisingly well, had it for 5 years , big back space , huge inside feels like a lounge , plenty of power , and if you like engine noise when you step on it , it's there , safe car .

Ariel
ArielMackay12 posts
  Commodore

Old Car. Still lives on

I own a 1994 Holden Berlina, even tho my car has Fair Wear and Tear condition. It still drives and works at its perk. I just love older cars. In the space of the 8 years I have owed my car. It has broken down only 3 times. No lie only 3.

Kal
KalSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts
Ching eva
Ching evasydney

Excellent Drive

The interior look is also best described as elegant, with fresh shapes that flow cohesively into the door trims and centre console. There’s a general air of quality about it, but it’s let down by some cheap-feeling controls and switches, particularly the climate control knobs. The unmatchable mileage is what really excited me for the purchase.

Andy
AndySouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts
  VE

great car, lots of space, smooth ride

A great vehicle for a family, whether commuting or long distance (drove it from Melbourne to Brisbane over two days, with no problems whatsoever), mine has only 59 000 kms (being an ex company vehicle, so not thrashed). The six speed automatic is smooth and powerful, though I wonder if the fuel consumption is actually more than stated. The only minor complaint I have is that the back wagon door doesn't shut properly, unless closed very carefully: often takes multiple attempts to do it right, otherwise no issues and I'm very happy with it.

Tee
Tee5 posts

Big spacious,cruise, reliae

I use my car commuting to work mostly as I ttavel 60ks four times a week as a.musician I think this car is ideal because of it cruise control and good in.feul, I get the. At serviced every 10,000 ks, and I have had no issues with it.I think that I will get my moneys worth and it will last me years, I like the spacious boot, and room inside the car

Pete.b
Pete.b2 posts
  VE

Dual fuel omega best ccar ive owned!

My 2010 omega has clocked up 624000 kms, interstate trips almost every week and back and forth to perth a thousand times

Great economy on fuel and gas ,motor is quiet cold and im sure it's going to go for ages yet.the interior is a bit daggy but planning an upgrade to sv6 interior soon.

Paulkit
Paulkit5 posts
  VF

Nice car with all bells and whistles

Bought our Holden Calais VF in 2016 from Brighton Holden., best decision we made. We have had a BMW and other cars but this one ticked all the boxes. It is powerful, spacious, latest tech, drives well, mileage is good too. My wife loves it's self parking function and the Bose speakers

Zak
ZakGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC7 posts

Superb Sports Car

I love the design and acceleration of holden commodore sv6 2018. Interior is awesome and very comfortable for long daily driving and options like apple carplay and wireless mobile charging and 360 camera provide you all quality feature and 5 year warranty will cover your all cost of damage. I recommend buying roadside assistance for it.

Adam
AdamSouthwest, VIC9 posts

Get what you pay for

Car drives well. Handling is good. Road noise is average. Interior doesn't differ too much from the ve and is starting to look a bit dated already. Bluetooth is a nice function. Econony is right on what you would expect. Overall the car is fine without being fantastic. Good value for money

Warren
WarrenPerth, WA4 posts

Very pleased

This is my seventh Holden and I have never had any problems with any of them. I bought it second hand one year old. Our family has owned many different makes and models and I rate this the the best car I have owned. It is quiet on the road, handles well and is comfortable. I use it mainly for long trips and it is surprisingly economical for a big car. Only thing I have had replaced was a broken dust seal around the latch on the tailgate and this was done under warranty. Capped servicing is reasonable compared with other cars I have compared it with. Pity it is the last of the rear drive Aussie cars.

Stuart
StuartTownsville2 posts

Holden VE 2011 Omega Series 2 TOTAL LEMON

this car is a complete LEMON Holden customer care DONT CARE!

I WILL NEVER RECOMEND HOLDEN TO ANYONE.

nothing but problems with this heap of crap.

paid 15 k second hand have spent already another 4- 5 K IN REPAIRS so far on

timing chain set

rear main seals x 2 + servicing

Jack Mehoff
Jack MehoffSydney22 posts
  VF

Great car, but few problems

Was a great car to buy brand new. Just a few finish problems, the unit under the passenger seat is loose and allows water in.

The passenger seat cover (standard) lifts at the base.

The MyLink is super buggy but can live with it.

Has plenty of room in all aspects, leg, boot and rear passenger.

Gearbox was way too soft.

Tom Seaford
Tom SeafordMelbourne14 posts
  VF

why is Lpg not popular any more

Just went back to owning a Commodore wagon. I had a Mitsubishi triton diesel for about 7 years, I got fed up with the running costs especially when diesel hit $1.59 a litre, service costs, and it needed a new set of injectors. (4-5 thousand) I bought an ex government Commodore Lpg wagon. Brilliant car, heaps of extras on the basic model, 650ks to a tank around town, I can almost drive to Sydney for a tank of gas, eat your heart out Tesla.

Pete
Pete

Long term reliable car

623,521km , yep those k,s are real for a 2010 dual fuel omega.its been adelaide to melbourne every other weekend and some darwin trips too. (Very widespread family) , once the warranty was up i changed oils at 10, 000 k intervals and serviced trans and dif oils once a year.its had two sets of iridium plugs and really feels no different than when i first got it.ive been really impressed with the car and have upgraded shocks and am running nrembos off a hsv all round.air con is great and gets re gassed every other year and ive replaced the radiator once.very happy!

Basil
BasilMelbourne3 posts

This car is great

They've holden commodore is a terrific car for the family. Plenty of space for the kids and lots of space Im the boot. This is good reliable car that is comfortable and easy to run. It handles all weather situations and performs as well as any other commodore. I would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants a affordable car that performs well.

Mick
Mick2 posts
  VY

Great car smooth nice breaking has plenty of power I find seats hard to get used to only downfall is

Nice car to drive it's smooth and quiet handles well good breaking no real bad noises until you get over 100km there's noise in dash

Nice finish in interior but the plastic moulding on drivers side seat made very poorly and always breaks and they aren't cheap unless you leave hanging or put couple of ugly tech screws to hold in place

john
johnwollongong3 posts

Great to drive

The car great petrol wise around town poor going to head from to Melbourne 870 klm see how goes on fuel only got 1800 kilometers its the spitfire green color only problem you can't use the power it got my luck there be a cop around the corner my foot aches trying not press on peddle

Bruce
Bruce18 posts

Redline Ute SSV

Car sounds like a V8 should especially with a cat back exhaust. Very comfortable. Minimum maintenance. Extremely reliable. Manual shift easy to use. Gates don’t clunk. Fuel economy reasonable. Keeping its value and worth more than I paid for it. Good build quality. HUD very handy. Great touring vehicle on the freeway. Does 110km/h@1100rpm. Balance of factory warranty till 4/23.

Extra Information