21Holden Commodore

77% · 34658 · 13%

Smiley
SmileyBrisbane5 posts

Very spacious

I absolutely love driving this car it is very nice leather interior which is easy to clean. It's a very spacious family car with plenty of space for the kids to seat without being very close to each other. I love all the compartments in the car. I absolutely love the sensor that comes on with automatic lighting and when you put the car into drive the doors automatically lock which is a safety thing. It's great on fuel especially long trips out on the highway.

jpn
jpn

flogged this car on m1 for 5 years

i bought this cheap on duel fuel for $4700. drove it up and down the m1/f3 for 5 days a week / 6 days a week. never serviced it. petrol in the tank and water in the windscreen wiper. took 5 and half years before the cost of rego did not make any sense.

Fukpawn
FukpawnPerth2 posts
  VX

Should never have sold it

My vx commodore was just a standed executive but was factory fitted with full electric windows electric mirrors sunroof and even had a gen iii 6spd manual which I had cammed by kosteki engine performance to boost the hp to over 434 hp. Used heaps of fuel but did great skids

Fizzle
FizzleMandurah WA 6210
  VE

Check Engine Light is staying on have had my VE II Commodore Berlina International Wagon check at a

We purchased this car brand new and we love it but I do have concerns regarding the check engine light staying on. Need advice on a fix for this that shouldn't cost me $2400.00 in doing so, we have done 134,000km in this car and it is well serviced.

Need Advice

Mattie
MattieMelbourne7 posts

Love my car!

I love my Holden commodore ve, I upgraded from a vt and am so glad I made the leap when I did, the interior of the car is beautiful, the fabrics are soft and comfortable, the drive is smooth with minimal road noise inside. The service costs are really cheap and affordable. Petrol in my car is on the expensive side but it had the power to move and makes me feel safe and secure. Perfect car!!!

Grannydriver
Grannydriver
  VY

Disappointed

First commodore I have ever owned. A 2002 vy ex police car. I have been a ford user all my life.

The commodore goes great and is smooth but in wet weather it fishtails around corners if going faster than 15 kilometers.

I am told this is normal for a vy. Too scared to drive in wet, how could that be normal?

Dave
DaveMelbourne5 posts

OMG...WHAT a car!

Purchased a new VF Series 2 SSV Redline just over a month ago now when on 'special' and wow, what a car! No regrets except that is knows how to drink the fuel...but hey, the car makes up for its thirst with the most awesome sound from its V8 and infant by all its exceptional features and the way it drives.

Big D
Big D2 posts

SSV LS3

The Holden VF is the best car delivered by GMH Australia. The SSV Redline is an exceptional car with style and elegance and power to boot. From the 6.2 ltr manual to the style and comfort. The Bose system, heads up display and all the safety features, flawless for sure. One to keep!

Cat.K6 posts
John
JohnMurrumbidgee Region, NSW5 posts

Best car built by Holden

Best driving experience. 3 modes Tour, Sport and Track. Great performance, great handling and great breaking. Quality finish with lots of extras. Sun roof, leather heated front ‘performance’ seats, an embroidered instrument panel, appropriate decals and badging, a lip spoiler(optional large spoiler), red daylight running lights surrounds, red or black mirror scalps, a unique red-lined wheel treatment, includes a package of driver assistance and infotainment features,a commemorative presentation case, individual vehicle numbering and a unique option code. The Motorsport Edition is codenamed KOM (for King of the Mountain), parking assist, rear camera, remote locking key-less, Ancap rating 5 stars, six air bags etc.

John
JohnAdelaide3 posts

Love my car so much

I love driving this car, I feels just great, it drives beautifully, and has so much room , the seats are extremely comfortable, with plenty of leg room, love the Bluetooth and the entertainment system easy to use, the interior of the car is very nicely done , the car also looks fantastic, it’s a great looking car, I feel very special every time I drive it

Danielle D
Danielle DAU6 posts
  VZ

Wouldn't recommend this car to anyone

Really regret purchasing this car. Have nothing but trouble since buying it. The new engine that were installed in the VZ model are a pain to repair. Since purchasing this car, I have had to replace tyres 6 times, coil pack, 3 spark plugs and running it on gas has misfired 8 imes.

Will never buy another holden commadore.

Dan
Dan
  VY

Cant beat a holden!

Such a reliable powerplant. Love it. Excellent fuel milage in fact its better than 2litre front wheel drives leaves most cars for dead at a stomp of the foot. Only had 1 issue being the cooling system twice but thats minor. Loves the open roads definately built for nz conditions amd australia alike. Outdoes rice burners in every shape

John M
John M
Sam O
Sam ONSW22 posts
  VE

Wonderful car with great presence on the road

Love the looks of this car, have had it for 8 years now and is going strong. almost done 144000 kms on it and never any problems apart from regular service with genuine holden parts. Only thing i dont like about it, is the interior. Very cheap plastic and the seats are uncomfortable. Fuel consumption is relatively high as oppossed to Ford XR6.

Tee
TeeMelbourne4 posts

HOLDEN COMMODORE OMEGA 3 STATION WAGON

Love the power and size, sleek look inside and out. Lots and lots of leg room front and back of car and boot.

With continued and regular servicing which it has had, the car will continue to run smoothly.

Although v6 the gas is completely affordable, a nice alternative to gas guzzlers.

I can't fault anything on this car, love it!!

Jane S
Jane SAU16 posts

The worst of Australian cars

I had one of these for 4 years as a work car from band new, possibly one the worst cars I had the misfortune of having to drive for 4 years! every possible failure you can think of, gearbox, engine, starter, battery, diffs, it was always going back to Holden to be fixed, it even locked me out once when it the central locking system failed. Fuel system failures, water pumps, this thing was a total lemon!! The interior felt like it was put together by 3 different teams that didnt talk to each other, MISH mash of clashing styles and the cheapest plastics I have seen, this thing had rattles, and squeaks that drove me mad. When it finally went back to be sold at 80,000 the engine overheated.

shopper101
shopper101Sydney5 posts

Gearbox problem

brought the car and had for just over 1 year and then the gear box went on it (auto)

overheated when first picked up from dealership also tyre nuts were loose

wouldnt buy any new model commodore as they are rubbish

stick to vy and early models and save your self the hassle

Nikola Ilic
Nikola IlicGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC8 posts
  VF

Excellent car inside and out

I have had my VF Calais for almost 6 months and do not have a single complaint. Firstly the looks of the car are great from shape, detailing and 18 inch alloys. The inside is a nice leather interior with crome finishes all around to match the outside. Most importantly the car drives like a charm, super smoothe and has good power at 210kw for a V6.

Chris
ChrisHunter Region, NSW10 posts
rockie
rockiensw23 posts
  VE

creat car best commodore i have ever owned

bought this car for $11500.00 as it had high ks on it but to my surprise its been everything I wanted very roomy lots of power and runs like a dream. never had an issue with anything at all. serviced every 6 months and mechanic is so surprised how clean the oil is and there are no oil leaks anywhere for how many ks are on it we thing the engines been reconditioned but not sure. in summing up best best commodore ever. by the way loved the color hazard yellow

Kath
KathPerth3 posts

Beautiful Car

Lovely car to drive, handles well and has plenty of power. Great family car with room for everyone, you can even put the doggies in the back! It has leather interior that is easy to clean and the seats are so comfortable. Has a reverse parking camera with sensor, satnav compatible, dual zone air conditioning and fuel efficient with a 3.0 litre engine.

Sean
SeanPerth5 posts
Christina H
Christina HENDEAVOUR HILLS6 posts

Work vehicle

This vehicle is like driving a boat, but overall it's not bad, given that it's a work vehicle. The vehicle is quite responsive, and even though it feels a little heavy, it's a smooth drive. I like the safety features included in the vehicle that I use, too. Rear-view camera and senses (may be across all types). Either way a very reliable vehicle!

MarcoHunter Region, NSW7 posts
  VF

Wish my vf bombadore was a good one

Have a 3.6 Calais V 2014. 50000kms- cracked radiator. Needed. 60000kms-ecu problems needed new one. 75000kms steering rack was stuffed new one needed. Driving along and lost electric sterring. Love the shape of the car and all the stuff it has. But mine has been poor in the parts being used. To fancy seems to be more things go wrong. Holden have been good to replace the last two out of warranty. and the radiator in warranty. It has 79000kms now. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong and I can love me Calais again. Thanks heritage Holden Maitland nsw for getting all this sorted.

90000 kms. Air con pipe leak. New one needed

Doug
DougQLD, 41106 posts
  VF

Great fun, last of a legend

The engine and sound really makes the ss redline. Great levels of technology for the price and age of the platform (though android auto would have been appreciated), it truely is the last of its kind.

Handling is great, lots of power, big comfy car, great brakes. Thirsty on fuel, especially if stuck in daily traffic, but you don't buy a car like this for fuel economy! I love it and will be keeping it for a long time.

Jacob
JacobAdelaide4 posts

VE II SV6 is sleek and smooth

Great Australian car. The Series II SV6 has excellent handling in both wet and dry conditions. Its steering is true and cruising at highway speeds is very smooth, comparable with cars geared more towards touring than performance. The interior is modern, clean, and has everything you need in a car. Seats are extremely comfortable. Solid reliability with parts readily available and the trade off to the 3.6L V6 engine is running costs are higher than the average sedan.

Mickyy
Mickyymelbourne6 posts
  VT

Just works

Almost a 20 year old car and it's still going strong. Has nice power and no major issues yet, only the usual maintenance has been needed so far. With a few updates like a new headunit and headlight restoring kits the car still looks great and drives great. I've put in a reverse camera which fits into the rear number plate light and that works perfectly too.

Annette B
Annette BAU5 posts

The best

Has to be the best car of its generation. Smooth look, timeless. Fantastic driving experience, smooth, holds the road, excellent in wet weather, holds the road perfectly. Inside, driving and passenger luxury. Comfortable, adjustable seating, cockpit layout is very driver friendly, everything is at your fingertips, auto lights, responsive cruise control. Has to be the best in its class

Antony
AntonySydney, NSW5 posts

Love my car

Handles good. Very nice to drive. Very roomy and comfortable. I didn’t like the chrome around the cup holders at it gives of a glare when the sun is shining on it. Other then that minor default I love my vf. I’d recommend taking one for a test drive. :)

Alexis
AlexisSydney10 posts

Love my VF SS Storm

Cannot fault my 2015 SS VF1 Storm Wagon! I love it so much, drives great even with Pedders Coilovers. It has a black out kit, 20inch HSV blackout rims, 2.5inch Cat back exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Gearbox shifter - makes it look amazing and sound amazing. All the tech in it is great also, touch screen, bluetooth etc. I went from a SV6 wagon and im surprised at the little difference in fuel usage. For the price as well you cant go wrong - wish they were still making HSV as i would of eventually upgraded to a R8 Clubsport wagon!

Jason Mifsud
Jason MifsudMelbourne5 posts

Series 2 SSV REDLINE

White, manual, black roof with 20 inch factory allow rims.

Upgraded from a Suzuki Swift so the driving experience and build quality was 100% noticeable.

Unbelievable performance but of course it will cost you at the pump if you constantly put the pedal to the floor.

For such a large car handled very comfortable and precise when steering.

Of course you dont buy a V8 to be worried about the fuel cost but this is the only down fall of owning a beast like this but if thats the only disappointment, I can live with it. Worth every $$$ spent.

Sarah
SarahMelbourne5 posts
Will
WillNewcastle7 posts

Reliable Great Car

I've had a ve commodore for years and years. Very reliable and haven't had to spend any money on it. Drives great. Very comfortable. Great fuel consumption when driving on the highway. Great car and I would highly recommend it. Looks great and costs next to nothing to run. Engine has plenty of power as well. Couldn't fault the car at all. Been the best car I've ever owned.

Magic Mike
Magic MikeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC9 posts
  VX

What more can I say “Cheap and Reliable”

The headline says it all. I brought this car back in 2013 and put on over 150,000 trouble free km. The car done over 350,000km and still doesn’t burn or use any oil or water. The good things about these cars are they are cheap in parts and if you do need parts they are easy to come by.

Dann
DannSouth East Queensland, QLD28 posts

erin
erinadelaide9 posts

fantastic car

This was my dream car and it has lived up to every expectation.

It looks smart and drives great.

i recently drove from south australia to horsham victoria on half a tank of petrol which i think is brilliant.

There is a bit of a blind spot on the sides of the front window but i have learnt to adjust the way i check for cars and it is perfect.

Joe
JoeMelbourne25 posts
Taffy
TaffyDubbo9 posts

Ok Family car

When I first picked up my ve sv6 I was over the moon. It didnt last long. Commodores are well known for getting tail happy and the ve is no exception in auto taking corners in the very wet felt like taking my life in my hands even with good tires. Then the abs module went then the remote locking. I will say having also driven a vf the steering on the ve is much better . The sidi is marketed for better fuel consumption but it was much higher then expected city driving and not flash on highway.

Jacquie
JacquieCentral Queensland, QLD3 posts
  VS

Amazing Vehicle

Fantastic Performance, easy handling, long distance capability fantastic, Performs well and low noise

I like the comfort of adjustable manouvering with the front seats, plenty of leg room back and front, clear vision through windshield, dashboard does not block any view. The car has been very reliable and maintained. Running costs around $100 a full tank. Needs regular service to maintain performance.

Extra Information