Holden Commodore

Holden Commodore (page 4 of 21)

VE, VZ, VY, etc...

• Comfort
  • Features

Clara

ClaraMelbourne

Great car for the family. Plenty of room, good on fuel.

I use my car daily ferrying the kids to school as well as commuting to and from work, we regularly take it on the open road, goes beautifully. I service it every 6 months, no known issues so far. This car was very well maintained by its previous owner. All I’ve had to do was put new tyres on it and replace brake pads, it’s a very comfortable family car. And so far very reliable.
After driving manual transmission cars for the last 20 years the auto transmission is an added bonus! My VE is one of the best cars I’ve ever owned.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Jimmy Kay

Jimmy KayHobart, TAS

Avoid VZ commodores

Bought as daily driver, 2nd hand. Worst car I've ever owned. Overcharging and burning relays. No mechanics or auto elecs can tell me why.
2nd set of timing chains after 250thou ks.
Sensors dying left right & centre.
Rattles & noises galore.
Trash mileage.
Just a heap of junk in general.
Avoid holdens.

BadgeExecutive
Date PurchasedSep 2018
Aidan

AidanMildura

Final Holden made in Aus!

Fantastic car! The last ever made in Australia and we are glad we bought one. Used daily for family travel this car provided comfort as well as luxury. Getting serviced every 6-8months is working well, still only on our first set of breaks but third set of tires, the down side to low profile tires.

BadgeSS V Redline
Date PurchasedSep 2016

KKK

KKKVIC

one of the best car's

i use this car pretty much everyday and nothing has ever gone wrong with it. the car is very basic car but is perfect for every day life. i've only had to get the car serviced one or twice over the past 3-4 years that i have owned the car. but those were mainly just because of the fact that the car was old. but other than that one of the best cars that you could possibly own

BadgeInternational
Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Alan H

Alan HAU

such a good car

Love my Commos, good, solid reliable car. you can crash most cars and they are a complete right off - Not a commodore it will take a hit and keep on going. Parts are easy to find and cheap and the few minor issues they have later in life is easy fixed.

Engine Size5.7
Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Garyh

GaryhSouthwest, VIC

Solid working man's wagon and *very* reliable!

BadgeExecutive
Engine Size3.8
Date PurchasedJun 2010
Joe

JoeMelbourne

Drives well

My daily commuter a ve series 1 2007 dual fuel , When i brought the car it had timing chain issues but i drove it like that for 50,000km then i decided to change them (they were missing by a tooth on the gear) because of the check engine light , after that it was no problem but car went the same , good smooth car , good on lpg , shockers get leaky after about 150,000km , it's a typical aussie car very reliable besides the timing faults , nice to drive , handles surprisingly well, had it for 5 years , big back space , huge inside feels like a lounge , plenty of power , and if you like engine noise when you step on it , it's there , safe car .

Date PurchasedOct 2007
Ariel

ArielMackay

Old Car. Still lives on

I own a 1994 Holden Berlina, even tho my car has Fair Wear and Tear condition. It still drives and works at its perk. I just love older cars. In the space of the 8 years I have owed my car. It has broken down only 3 times. No lie only 3.

BadgeBerlina

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Ching eva

Ching evasydney

Excellent Drive

The interior look is also best described as elegant, with fresh shapes that flow cohesively into the door trims and centre console. There’s a general air of quality about it, but it’s let down by some cheap-feeling controls and switches, particularly the climate control knobs. The unmatchable mileage is what really excited me for the purchase.

BadgeEsteem
Engine Size2.0
Andy

AndySouth East Queensland, QLD

great car, lots of space, smooth ride

A great vehicle for a family, whether commuting or long distance (drove it from Melbourne to Brisbane over two days, with no problems whatsoever), mine has only 59 000 kms (being an ex company vehicle, so not thrashed). The six speed automatic is smooth and powerful, though I wonder if the fuel consumption is actually more than stated. The only minor complaint I have is that the back wagon door doesn't shut properly, unless closed very carefully: often takes multiple attempts to do it right, otherwise no issues and I'm very happy with it.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Tee

Tee

Big spacious,cruise, reliae

I use my car commuting to work mostly as I ttavel 60ks four times a week as a.musician I think this car is ideal because of it cruise control and good in.feul, I get the. At serviced every 10,000 ks, and I have had no issues with it.I think that I will get my moneys worth and it will last me years, I like the spacious boot, and room inside the car

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Dual fuel omega best ccar ive owned!

My 2010 omega has clocked up 624000 kms, interstate trips almost every week and back and forth to perth a thousand times
Great economy on fuel and gas ,motor is quiet cold and im sure it's going to go for ages yet.the interior is a bit daggy but planning an upgrade to sv6 interior soon.

Date PurchasedJan 2012
Paulkit

Paulkit

Nice car with all bells and whistles

Bought our Holden Calais VF in 2016 from Brighton Holden., best decision we made. We have had a BMW and other cars but this one ticked all the boxes. It is powerful, spacious, latest tech, drives well, mileage is good too. My wife loves it's self parking function and the Bose speakers

BadgeCalais V
Date PurchasedApr 2016
Zak

ZakGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Superb Sports Car.

I love the design and acceleration of holden commodore sv6 2018. Interior is awesome and very comfortable for long daily driving and options like apple carplay and wireless mobile charging and 360 camera provide you all quality feature and 5 year warranty will cover your all cost of damage. I recommend buying roadside assistance for it.

Adam

AdamGeelong

Get what you pay for

Car drives well. Handling is good. Road noise is average. Interior doesn't differ too much from the ve and is starting to look a bit dated already. Bluetooth is a nice function. Econony is right on what you would expect. Overall the car is fine without being fantastic. Good value for money

BadgeEquipe
Date PurchasedJan 2018
Warren

Warren

Very pleased

This is my seventh Holden and I have never had any problems with any of them. I bought it second hand one year old. Our family has owned many different makes and models and I rate this the the best car I have owned. It is quiet on the road, handles well and is comfortable. I use it mainly for long trips and it is surprisingly economical for a big car. Only thing I have had replaced was a broken dust seal around the latch on the tailgate and this was done under warranty. Capped servicing is reasonable compared with other cars I have compared it with. Pity it is the last of the rear drive Aussie cars.

BadgeCalais
Date PurchasedJul 2016
Stuart

StuartTownsville

Holden VE 2011 Omega Series 2 TOTAL LEMON

this car is a complete LEMON Holden customer care DONT CARE!
I WILL NEVER RECOMEND HOLDEN TO ANYONE.
nothing but problems with this heap of crap.
paid 15 k second hand have spent already another 4- 5 K IN REPAIRS so far on
timing chain set
rear main seals x 2 + servicing

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Jack Mehoff

Jack MehoffSydney

Great car, but few problems

Was a great car to buy brand new. Just a few finish problems, the unit under the passenger seat is loose and allows water in.
The passenger seat cover (standard) lifts at the base.
The MyLink is super buggy but can live with it.
Has plenty of room in all aspects, leg, boot and rear passenger.
Gearbox was way too soft.

Date PurchasedDec 2013
Tom Seaford

Tom SeafordMelbourne

why is Lpg not popular any more

Just went back to owning a Commodore wagon. I had a Mitsubishi triton diesel for about 7 years, I got fed up with the running costs especially when diesel hit $1.59 a litre, service costs, and it needed a new set of injectors. (4-5 thousand) I bought an ex government Commodore Lpg wagon. Brilliant car, heaps of extras on the basic model, 650ks to a tank around town, I can almost drive to Sydney for a tank of gas, eat your heart out Tesla.

BadgeEvoke