23Holden Cruze

Andygee198211 posts
Luke
Luke

Worst car owned

Missus owned this car, endless problems like everyone else. Finally transmission failed after 2 years of owning, paint fainted, endless electronic problems. Spent more to fix the car than it costs Show details
Ted
Ted31 posts
Peter458
Peter458Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts
Raves
RavesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Holden Cruze JH

I have a 2013 holden Cruze hatch SRi2. Engine check light is on car runs fine, sometimes it turns off. But when I turn corners it jolts only sometimes . Doesn’t jolt any other time. Feels like driving with old Sparks and ignition coils but they were changed about a month ago.. Not to sure what’s making it jolt around corners? Show details
Aleks
AleksGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts
  JG

Rubbish!!! Every 30k needs rebuilt engine. Thermostat housing, engine oil cooler, and radiator

60000 km
Replaced 2 times
Radiator, engine oil cooler, thermostat housing, spark plugs and ignition coil.
Very bad car. Also problems with transmission gears. Cat converter block. Diesel cruse even more problems
Jenny
JennySydney Surrounds, NSW5 posts
  Cruze

Reasonable car

September 2016 we purchased Z series Holden cruise . Had a problem with the O2 sensor which Holden fix . Had no trouble since. It has been reliable comfortable has heated seats nice little family car . Show details
Pieter
Pieter5 posts

Expensive repairs

My daughter bought one a year ago 1.6 turbo auto. Originally it drove well , then 10 mths later at 150k it had a few coolant leaks and codes coming up , due to leaks being hard to get to ie removing the turbo and manifold etc water pump leak and timing belt , thermostat code on along with other issues the mechanic bill was quoted at $4300 parts and labour. We traded the car in asap as she couldn't afford the repairs. Before the issues it drove well and had plenty of power it was still driving ok when traded but those upcoming repairs blew us away. Show details
Schmick
Yves12 posts
julie  claire
julie claireNortheast, VIC20 posts

Biggest piece of rubbish

Lost power travelling up "hills", kept telling the mechanic, Low and behold recall months later. Near misses when loses power between double roads.
Now sitting on the side of the road Show details
Mani
ManiPerth, WA4 posts

Do not buy Holden

Purchased for an owner when clocked at 60000km and now done 115000k. Have had issues from the very 1st month. My friend says that his bmw maintenance would cost less than the cruze. Same issues like every other here. Auto transmission, coolant oil mix, head gasket blown, error codes etc.. Most of the mechanics I went to suggested me not to buy Holden ever!

])RAG()N
])RAG()NAU27 posts
Linagm
LinagmPerth
  JG

Not eligible for star review

Honestly this might be the worst car in the universe, I spent so much money for this piece of junk from the day i purchase, done only 43000 kms when i bought and is 78000 now, spent more than 6k as maintenance, radiator coolant get mixed with engine oil, hosing leak, sensor change, changed battery recently and the very latest one is gear box leak, cant take it anymore and I would recommend to be very very very careful when you go for this junk.

Josh
JoshSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Worst car ever

Purchased as a family car, to be safe and reliable, it was far from it.

Catastrophic transmission failure at 65k could have killed me, my son or my passenger due to also having the air bag fault during uncontrollable failure of the car.

Entire cooling system before 90k

Faded mirror brackets before 65k

Customer care are disgusting individuals who just like to cause drama.

michael
michaelsydney5 posts
Bruno
Bruno3 posts

Lemon jh 1.4 litre of holden accc

Every 10000 km our car has been serviced by holden dealship we done 4 turbos 3 water reservoir 3 water pumps endless problems with water .now our latest problems is out jh holden cruze 1.4 litre car cutting out while driving on highway .i just found out mechanic has taken relay fuses to fuel pump without our knowledge .our car cut out while drivi g on gighway with semi tralier avoiding us car shakes like timing out or not getting correct fuel. back to holden .see what going on .

123h
123h
Adeine Wallace
Adeine WallaceGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC7 posts
  JH

Fabulous to drive, quick to respond

With family members having side air bags makes it safe. Quick braking response.

Wifi for operating technology is sharp and trendy. Ipod, mobile phone linking and tablet hotspotting, kuds are entertained on long journeys. Tight turn table and roomy boot makes a responsive car with loads of shopping and luggage space. 3 large Samsung bags. Proud to be the last generation built in Australia!!

Saif
Saif

Piece of junk

2012 Holden Cruze CD . Within three months I had problem with transmission and after 4 months started motor was playing up. I had to replace them , I spent like 2 grand. The car has no power to drive . Car shakes little bit . I can’t trust that car for long life , I have to sell it ASAP.

Kaemma
KaemmaMelbourne3 posts

Dashboard -Vent/Grill

After multiple issues with this car, the main issue that I have had is the Dashboard Vent/Grille, this is moulded into the Dash (left side even to surface of Dashboard, right side bowed and uneven and subsequently cracks) and cannot be separately replaced, the whole Dashboard has to be removed and replaced. You cannot simply replace the vent/grille itself which is wrong, by whoever designed the car. Have had this replaced 3 times now, with the same style of moulding issue put back in the car. Brand new car, with the same issue replaced back in it. Now that is Customer Care!!! Disgusting. Quality Control systems at Holden are poor. And the cars built are not what they were years ago.

B Tra
B TraIllawarra, NSW2 posts

Avoid it at all costs

The car is absolutely horrible. For almost 2 years I've owned it, there has always been an issue that comes up once every 3-4 months. The lifespan for the parts are very low and will always constantly need replacing. Over only a span of a year, I could confidently say I spent over 1.5k repairing it. Really wished I got another car.

jason..c
jason..cSouth East Queensland, QLD14 posts

Best car ever

Brought this car new and is the best car ive owned and trust me ive had a few! Great fuel economy and has everything i need. I had read reviews on how badly made and unreliable they are but i have never had any problems plus the fact im getting 1100klms on a tank of diesel! If i have 1 negative comment it would be the lack of bluetooth but apart from that im happy..thanks holden.

Blakeb
BlakebBlacktown

Its not that great

I brought this car brand new for my first car. it uses so much petrol its ridiculous and its sluggish. Theres a rattle in the door that holden keeps telling me doesn't exist and the Engine light keeps coming on atleast once a month, so holden keeps taking the car back for nearly the whole weekend.

Krunal
KrunalMelbourne4 posts

High Maintenance

Holden Cruze -

It’s very nice looking and comfortable car. Sedan car is very safe in terms of driving.

Although not happy with the maintenance cost. There is high maintenance in terms of spare parts and spare parts life is very minimal.. I have spend on same parts 2 times already.. Wouldn’t recommend to anyone.

Christine
ChristineMount Barker4 posts
Dicko
DickoBrisbane10 posts
Joe
JoeMelbourne22 posts

Horrible mechanical issues

Had the car for 3 days and the engine gave up on me, got it for the wife but isnt reliable enough for use of motor vehicle, worst car ever, terrible engineering, it's a nice looking car with a comfortable interior, heated seats, gps and such but to own this vehicle you'd have to be mad.

Hayley
HayleyChinchilla2 posts

Faulty car

Hello , I have a 2009 holden cruze and the day I got it I have problems , Tc light , abs light engine light , lose of power when driving , air bags , code 79 , transmission , is used for a family and I only hid the car for 11 months and we ask our dealer to fix it but every time we sent our car to the place to get it fixed it would come back with something else wrong and now the car completely broken down ... it's my first car for me and my family.. holden isn't the best brand to get a car

Is there anyone willing to help me ??

Bo0728
Bo0728Perth5 posts

Worst in worst car

I bought a second hand Holden Cruze 2009 mode in 2014, which is my first car. Same as most 'first car', it has a good-looking appearance. however, Just after 6 months since I bought it, the piston was broken and then I spent $700 to replace it. In the following time, it gave me a terrible experience. The problems include the oil leak, the water tank damage, petrol leak, transmission fails, and engine fail!!! Now I won't spend any 1 dollar on this car. Additionally, in the 3 years, this car has been recalled twice on airbag and brake respectively. How bad the design it is. Hopefully, no one would have the same experience as me in the future. Holden is not a reliable brand. To buy a second-hand Japanese car instead of any Holden cars.

willieb
williebsydney6 posts

not a good recall

Just got the recall due to takata air bag and not impressed with Holden. The letter from Holden states in part. "Please take note that any replacement air bag installed in your vehicle following a collision or other incident may also be faulty". What is the point of replacement if the same fault could occur. ACCC WILL BE CONTACTED.

Boony
BoonyMANLY WEST2 posts
  JH

Poorly designed motor vehicle - STAY WELL CLEAR!!

The car is used as a daily commute for my family and has been problematic from day one with various faults. It has now suffered the infamous Oil Cooler failure and Holden Customer Care do not want to know about it and help resolve what is a fundamental design flaw that has led to this failure. This was my first ever new vehicle and first ever Holden I have owned and incidentally it will be the last. Poor workmanship and even poorer customer service.

Maggie
MaggieMelbourne4 posts

Terrible Car Service and Customer Service at Booran Holden Cheltenham

I drive to work and back home on a daily basis.

I get my car serviced every 9 months as advised by holden

Today i serviced my car paid for service and lights $400 and i was told the battery was leaking and corroded which needs replacing. Burge tank leaking coolant. Another $400 which i declined. Further more i got a text message to say my car was ready to collect. The staff member handed the key without checking if the car was washed. I was told if i wanted the car washed it would take 20 mins then later he said an hour. You would assume that Booran Holden Service Centre would offer a complete service and customer satisfaction however this isn't the case at Cheltenham. Not happy and won't be going back to Booran Holden Cheltenham.

Samir Jacob
Samir JacobHawthorn East3 posts

Sunroof Dust/Insect Catcher Mesh Frame

I'm actually pretty content with my Cruze. I regularly service it and haven't had an issue with it.

My issue is a cosmetic aspect of the vehicle, with the frame of the insect mesh within the sunroof. And that after about five years, the plastic/ metal frame starts to rust and corrode splitting frame from the inside out. Has anyone else had this issue? I can share images if you DM me.

Annie
AnniePerth

It's a dud car

Bought our 2009 model 2nd hand. Should have done some research. Body looks nice but oil cooler has just gone. Paint looks thin and is fading. Bought it for my son to learn manual driving but it's too tricky. Monstrously heavy clutch and really tricky gear changing. Trim peeling off the outside of the roof. A poor quality car mechanically also for it to give everybody so much trouble on a consistent basis. Won't bother fixing - off to the wreckers and cut my losses now.

Amy
AmyVictoria5 posts

Reliable car!

Its has many practical and useful tools an expensive car usually have.It offers comfort, it as a sport version. Inbuilt GPS, reverse alarm. Never had a breakdown with this car even if i have drove nearly above 100km. Very strong built, medium size car. it is not noisy at all.

Warabi
WarabiAdelaide
Rae
RaeSydney, NSW3 posts

This is lemon car

My cruze is 1.4 turbo and 90k at odometer.not petrol economy car.paint at side mirror is fading,side window rubber protection is loose,paint at exit handle is ripping off.water tank is leaking coz it made of plastic and radiator water tank was blown off between parting line.I'm just lucky i know when tha car have a problem to avoid serious damage to engine.

Extra Information