Holden Frontera

Holden Frontera

See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Holden

4.4

My heart says upgrade but my head says why?

Tough, reliable little truck! Have taken it all over VIC, SA and NSW without a hitch including a 5000k trip up the NSW Coast and back through the Great Dividing Range towing a Camper Trailer. Has been fitted with LPG (injection system) and just done 240k on the clock. Cost to run on LPG is par with a 4cyl petrol car (~$10/100km) and has all the modern features such as ABS, cruise and electric windows. Currently tossing up the option of upgrading to something newer but there's not much out there that is the same size and isn't totally plastic! Should I just get it lifted, bigger tyres/wheels and keep it for another 5 years?

BadgeSE
    TransmissionManual
    Fred
    Fred

Good

Good

We bought bought our 99 Frontera new. It is the 3.2l V6 manual. Initially we had problems with steering, Air con, ABS, shock absorbers. Holden Didn't recognise any of them. Later models got fixes for ABS and A/C that I know about.We replaced the shocks and fitted aftermarket rear springs and put thermo fan on condenser to fix cooling of A/C. ABS unit failed at 15000kms and holden had to replace with later unit with increased skid time. Since then this car has not missed a beat. It is now at 150000kms,I have just done the water pump and soon will need to do the clutch throw out bearing as starting to get noisy.
    Nice medium sized fwd
    Heavy on fuel, poor service and backup from holden

Glen C.
    Glen C.asked

Hi I have a 2001 Holden Frontera I only paid $700 with 9 months rego and the only thing I replaced on it is a starter motor and an exhaust O2 sensor when you put mud tires on it it uses a bit more fuel but normal tyres not so bad taking it four-wheel driving Melbourne to and back about 4 times this car is absolutely incredible tough as nails highly recommended p.s. I literally hit everything on the road pot holes puddles this thing's unstoppable the only bad thing about it is the fuel tank is on the back passenger side in the middle would have been better under the back of the car to give it more clearance when four wheel driving

Steven S.
    Steven S.asked

I have a 2000 Holden frontera 4x4 I have notice the Engine light only comes on when I tried to use the air conditioning why is that and when I taken the negative cable off the battery to reset the computer the engine light stays off as long as I don’t use the air conditioning how can I fix this and I’ve also noticeThe cruise control doesn’t work how can I fix it and on my dashboard the green light which flickers I understand it’s for the use of 4x4 but it should not be showing if I’m not using it can someone help me with these issues or how can I fix them but everything else works perfectly I can go into 4x4 and drive nice it’s just that light doesn’t seem to turn off but everything on the vehicle runs nice no issues just those three issues I have

Benn D.
    Benn D.asked

where is the thremostat placed

Ricky
    Ricky

What model auto transmission goes into 2000 Holden Frontera

Get an answer from our members and Holden representatives

CategoryMidsize / Medium SUVs