HolidayCars.com

• Received Booked Vehicle
Jared

JaredMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This company is a scam

Provided me with the cheapest price for a rental, confirmed the booking then canceled it a few days later and offered credit on their website to book a more expensive car... It's a con.
Thankfully I clicked and paid extra for the 'refund' option, so after a long phone call to the Netherlands and 4 days later I got a refund. Avoid at all costs.

Garth S

Garth SSouthwest, VIC

Absolute Fail

They appear to be competitive but prices are USD not AUD. This is not mentioned on their Booking page. Tried to cancel our car hire due to COVID-19 restrictions and was informed that we would have to pay a $55.86USD cancellation fee. We could have opted for a Voucher but due to the fact that this company is difficult to contact, we decided we did not want to use them in the future, EVER.
This is a deceptive third party car hire broker service based in the Netherlands. They have no contacts in Australia and they are next to impossible to contact by phone. HIRER BEWARE!!

Terrible

I requested a booking through holidaycars.com for a car at Tullamarine Airport in Melbourne 24 hrs prior to departure. The voucher i received for my car collection was at Avalon Airport in Melbourne (50km away). I contacted holidaycars.com prior to collection time that this error had been made and was informed i couldn't change my booking within 72 hrs therefore had to forfeit my car hire with no reimbursement. Extremely dissapointed, would not reccomend.

Car Rental Services

Find out how HolidayCars.com compares to other Car Rental Services

AVOID

I have been renting cars for 15 years and never found a poorer company. Awful customer service (you have to deal with their branch in Amsterdam) and won't inform you of hidden costs until booking is complete. Avoid

nick c.

nick c.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

**DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY**

gogs

gogsAU

Doddgy company. Tells post booking and charging about extra charges.

Ian

IanEastwood

Robbed!!

Worst car booking company in the world! Took my money, did not receive a booking reference number or invoice and does not respond to customer emails.

Tried calling to talk to customer representative but no one ever picks up. Good luck if you book with them, you might not get a car.

Worst car hire ever

Rob Reynolds

Rob ReynoldsBaldivis

Don’t get what you are invoices for

Booked online saw a late model Honda Civic booked it, paid for it and received invoice for Honda Civic.
At BKK airport found this company had ordered me a Toyota Altis. I received a 2011 altis, 1600cc gas guzzler with 128k in the clock.
The response from this company is just pure arrogance and no customer service skills at all.
Use one of the many other companies , this mob are the worst I have dealt with. Close to scam artists.

Car Rental Services

Find out how HolidayCars.com compares to other Car Rental Services

**** BUYER BEWARE ****

Don’t book through them!

Don’t book through them!
I made a complain about a car I couldn’t rent it 2 month ago. Since then they promised me to solve my problem in 28 days, but didn’t get that. First they delayed, then asked for clarifications to which I promptly responded and now they are not even answering my email.

Holidaycars seems to be one of the worst web shopping experience I have ever had.
No car, no money back, no response!

djgustafson

djgustafsonAU

Total scam, avoid.

I was trying to find a good rate for a car hire from Brisbane Airport, so used a hire comparison site, unfortunately I used HolidayCars. They had a good rate thru hertz from inside the airport. Booked and paid. Later was emailed that car wasn't available and offered another. But didn't mention the new car was located outside the airport and was a car share service. I emailed to cancel the booking and 3 days later they reply saying sorry, you didn't take out cancellation insurance and kept my money. They are quick to reply before you pay but after you pay there is nothing.

For many, many customers experiencing the same thing check out Trustpilot.