Holman BTX1

Holman BTX1

Port Douglas Mossman Han

Port Douglas Mossman HanFar North Queensland, QLD

For millionaires only

Purchased this and it chews through the batteries every two days, I lurched the most expensive battery at $9.90 it will cost me $1800 a year to water my garden via the Btx1 what a piece of junk Im taking it back for a refund, I would say brought to market too soon

Purchased for $80.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello, thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear you have had a faulty unit. Please do return it for an exchange. Thank you, your Holman Team!

DavidSydney, NSW

No working in my mode out of box

Hi,
I bought the BTX1 yesterday - installed as per instructions and linked via Bluetooth.. unit will not operate under any condition manual or scheduled. Plenty of water pressure but can’t hear any activity and no flow ? I have changed batteries both were new .. any thoughts .
David

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $50.00.

Holman I.Holman

Without further information, it it hard to diagnose. Please be sure you are using the iGardener app, not iwater. Please give us a call on 1300 716 188. If you believe the timer is faulty, please return it for an exchange. Thank you, your Holman Team!

David

Have had three fail in a few months,

I bought two in May 2019 from Bunnings Darwin, one failed after about two months, clicks but no water flow, changed battery, still didnt work. Had it replaced. The second unit then failed in the same way. Had it replaced. The first replacement has now failed in the same way, I noticed because the garden was dying. These are very unreliable - that’s three out of four failed out of four in just months. Looks like another trip to Bunnings, would really like a full refund to spend on a better product...

Purchased in May 2019.

Holman I.Holman

It seems looking at the messages below that I’m not the only one! The review from Chicken dates from when I bought mine and it seems Holman concede a problem with the product, but have now tried to fob me off with my similar problem.

Glen

GlenHobart, TAS

Failed Out Of The Box

Purchased today from Bunnings, fitted to a tap, downloaded the app, paired the device, all good so far. Turned on the tap and water was flowing ??? Used the app to turn it off, water continued to flow! Cycled the unit on and off a few times with the app, I could hear the clicks inside the unit but water continued to flow! Called customer service and was told they have had some units with faulty diaphragms, told customer service I was taking it back for a refund.
I fully agree with two previous posts; "should have read the reviews before purchasing" and "thankfully Bunnings has a good return policy"

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $52.80.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Glen, thank you for your review. Your Holman Team!

Not Happy

Not HappyVictoria

Should have read the reviews before I bought them

I bought 6 of the tap mounted smart valves at Bunnings over a period of 6 months. The idea of these things is fantastic , but the execution is terrible.
The valves sometimes don't open
One unit doesn't shut off and floods
They churn through batteries at a great rate and I will be taking them back to Bunnings, can't afford to change batteries every 4-6 months

Purchased in June 2018.

Holman I.Holman

Hello, thank you for your review. Your Holman Team!

Unreliable and consistently faulty

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.00.

Alistair

AlistairMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Shouldn’t be on the shelves

Bought four of these 18 months ago from Bunnings. All four have now packed it in having run into multiple issues. One doesn’t connect, one consistently says low battery, two have faulty solenoids. iOS and firmware all updated...still useless. Useless. Do not buy.

Purchased in January 2018.

Laura G.

Laura G.South East Queensland, QLD

Does not turn off

Purchased in March 2019.

Absolute junk

Bought after laying new turf. Not only didn’t work, but came back to a completely waterlogged garden. Grand worth of new turf now in a state thanks to a piece of $50 rubbish. Do not buy

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Ben84, thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear you have had such a negative experience with your BTX1 timer. We will forward this through to our development team. Thank you, your Holman Team!

chicken

chickenSydney, NSW

Waste of time, simply does not work

Useless. Will only complete the first watering of any schedule, at best. It only works in Manual watering mode, and you usually have to send the instructions to the device between 2 and 5 times before it actually starts the manual water.

Firstly it tells me my new 9v battery is dead, so I buy some more and swap it out. Same issue, low battery and the schedule never works. Reset a few times, same issues. Release the controlling phone and re-connect, same issues. Update the firmware, same issues. update the iOS app, same issues.

I'm scared to use it when I'm not home to make sure the stupid thing stops.

It's junk and is going back to bunnings. Huge waste of time.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Chicken, thank you for your review. We have taken this feedback on-board and are currently upgrading the unit and hope to have the new model out by the next watering season! Thank you, your Holman Team!

Scott the Landscape PRO

Scott the Landscape PROThe Mallee, VIC

Lucky bunnings has a return policy

Purchased in April 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $79.00.

Wayne M

Wayne MHunter Region, NSW

Waste of time

Purchased and setup the app, tried both units, neither would start in off, water just poured through. Tried the manual control without success, tried the reset, no change, now had to make another hour drive to return and buy an alternative. There should be a requirement that a product that fails immediately should incur a cost penalty to the supplier. I see many similar comments on product review, and I should have checked before purchase. it seems very hit, but mostly miss.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $95.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Wayne, we are sorry to hear you have had such a negative experience with our timers. We will pass this along to our development team. Thank you, your Holman Team!

John

JohnSydney, NSW

A true lemon

Bought a two pack worked ok for two months but now.... When the time comes to do its thing the water flows but never stops - water water everywhere - useless totally.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $79.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello John, thank you for your review. we are sorry to hear this has happened! Your Holman Team!

Damian M

Damian MMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Timer, needs more durability.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Damian, Thank you for your review!

Billy S

Billy SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect, absolute life saver.

Had one for about 6 months now, works perfect every time. Not a single issue with it at all. Would absolutely recommend to anyone who is sick of wasting time with hand watering!

Purchased in November 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Billy, Thank you for your review!

Bridge

BridgeAustralian Capital Territory

Bought 2 and have to return both.

Bought 1 for backyard & it was brilliant & went & bought one for front garden. Noticed plants were dying so investigated & no water getting through the unit had to replace now same has happened to back garden.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $69.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Bridge, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear this has happened with your timers. As always, you are welcome to call our team on 1300 716 188 for any assistance with products. Thank you, your Holman Team!

The Guv

The GuvCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Started well, now it’s stuffed after 6mths

Thanks for previous reviews and it seems that those claiming flow reduced to a trickle were right. Purchased (on sale at Bunnings in Oct/nov 2019- should have realised there was an issue) the timer was great and reliable but now it seems stuffed. Would like to hear if Holman have a solution or Bunnings provide refund. Veggies now under stress.

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $55.00.

Michael K

Michael KSydney, NSW

Unreliable, Randomly Doesn’t Work

Bought 2 of these to water my bonsai collection.
Worked well for 2 months, then the first stopped watering. The app would say it was watering but there was nothing actually happening. Hitting the manual button would start the flow, so there no issue with batteries, etc.
This morning the same thing happened to the second unit.
Have zero faith in these things now, and have to check each day that they’ve worked, which defeats the purpose of an automated system.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $95.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Michael, thank you for your review. This will be passed along to our development team! Thank you, your Holman Team!

Airlie

AirlieMelbourne

Terrible Product

I have experienced all of the same issues described in other reviews. Unsuccessfully tried all the suggested fixes but still not good. Have given up and tossed them out. Shame on Bunnings for continuing to sell them.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $100.00.

Macca

MaccaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Works well. Does what it promises.

Bought before reading negative reviews so expected problems but it does what I bought it for, auto watering and manual setting when required. Bluetooth contact with my android phone sometimes problematic but works well when I seek line of sight.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Macca, thank you for your review!

Francois R.

Francois R.asked

I can hear the device open, but only about a quarter of the water flows out. Use to work fine the first two months.

Sounds pretty much like mine - May be an inherent problem with this product?

Holman I.Holman

This sounds as though there may be an issue with the diaphragm. please return your unit to your place of purchase for an exchange with your docket. Thank you, your Holman Team!.

Doug Hall

Doug Hallasked

Have just purchased 2 of the BTX1 Smart Valves, the app cannot find them (just reports no devices). I am using a Moto G first Gen phone running android 5.1, the phone itself can see the bluetooth signal and connects, but the app doesn't. I have tried resetting the units with the small button, and also tried earlier version of your Igardener software with no luck ...... Any suggestions? I see from other posts on the web others are having the same problem.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Doug, for technical support give us a call on 1300 716 188.

Luke M.

Luke M.asked

I have just purchased a BTX1 and have an issue with low battery. When the unit is not switched on, the app tells me the battery is critically low (flashing red battery symbol). When I turn it on in manual watering mode - which I need to press the start button 2-3 times before the unit responds - it shows me that the battery is full (black battery symbol with 3x black bars).

The 9V battery I used was brand new, but I bought a second one just in case it was a faulty battery and still the same issue. I am using a Duracell battery. Any pointers as to what the issue is here?

Holman I.Holman

Hello Luke, the battery indicator will show red when the battery is in use, it will show the correct battery charge after use, in black. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Get an answer from our members and Holman representatives

CategoryGarden Tools