Holman BTX1

Holman BTX1

Unhappy

UnhappyMelbourne

Very disappointed. Do not waste your money.

Purchased the BTX1 from Bunnings two weeks ago. Initial set up was not that simple. Major problem is that the systems watering cycle will not shut off at times, leading to expensive water bills. Returning it Bunnings for a refund.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Faizal H.

Faizal H.Perth, WA

Found the issue!

I had been using these (3 units) for a year now with no fault till we had to change the battery.
Upon battery change, the app did not recognise or pick up the devices despite repeatedly pressing the reset button thus making us conclude that the units were faulty.
We then try changing to a better brand battery (Duracell) and everything was good again.

To anyone who has the same issue, try swapping to a better battery. I hope this works for you as much as it has for me.

Purchased in November 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $150.00.

Daniel C

Daniel CSouth East Queensland, QLD

killed my plants

Bought a 2 pack of this product from bunnings. Both had issues turning on. Sometimes they would work othertimes they wouldnt. We have lost a number of plants because of this faulty product. Judging by the reviews this is simply a lemon of a product. Would not recomend at all to anyone.

Purchased in August 2018.

Excellent product

When I saw all the negative reviews for the BTX1 I was a bit worried as I had just purchased one. But I was pleasantly surprised when I set it up and programmed the unit. Very easy process, I am using the 7 day twice a day cycle for my veggies, so can't comment on the other setup times, but I can't see it being very different.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.00.

What a piece of crap

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $94.00.

Jaime T.
Jaime T.
Holman I.Holman

Thank you for your input Jamie, customer feedback is always welcomed. The programme you want is very easy to set-up. please give us a call and we will walk you thru this. Thank you, your Holman Team!

DavidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great little product from Holman

I brought this from Bunnings on the weekend, it works great! Had a bit of trouble setting it up, but jumped on YouTube watched a couple of videos and works perfectly. Thanks Holman, hopefully it works great over the Xmas holidays while we are away for 3 weeks.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.00.

Jason T.

Jason T.Hunter Region, NSW

Good idea poorly executed

Worked for a day what a lemon. I'm going to make my own with a Raspberry PI a real solenoid and some half decent parts. Embarrassing effort holman hang your heads in shame

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.00.

Do NOT buy

This is possibly the worst, clearly untested product ever released. The worst part was when we went away for a month and came back to a very soggy front yard (and >$400 in additional water charges) - it never closed the valve after opening. Put a new battery in and same problem. It is now in the bin. Thanks for nothing Holman. Wont be buying any of your products ever again.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

How can they still be selling this?

Hello from New Zealand. We never got to see if all the other problems with batteries and random program failures would happen to us.
Popped a new battery in, fresh out of the box from Bunnings, downloaded the app and . . . . . nothing. Simply could not find/ link with the unit even though it was right next to it. Yes, Bluetooth was on on the phone (one year old top of the line android). Tried 10 times. Nada. Tried a new new battery and . . . nada. Checked out if others were having the same issue, and found that it was so common that we really should not have considered it. Going back to Bunnings.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $80.00.

Complete Rubbish

Purchased from Bunnings about 10 months ago. Just stopped working so I contacted technical support as suggested in other posts. No help and very reluctant to replace the Smart Valve.
Poor product and non existent after sales support.

GedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bought three of these... none work!

The problem appears to be that 9V batteries do not provide enough power to enable it to which on or off. New batteries work a few times, then later same day shows low battery indicator

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Ged, the battery indicator will show red as the battery is in use, then return to the true reading. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Aldous

AldousSydney, NSW

Not Working Out of the Box - Doesn't turn-off water continue to flow

I've just purchased this one yesterday from Bunnings. When I tested it today it doesn't turn-off the water. You can hear the click on the product but water still continues to flow. I'm using android iGarderner app and done an update as well but the same. Battery is new as well. So can't see anything I've missed to setup. So returning it back to bunnings today.

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.00.

Port Douglas Mossman Han

Port Douglas Mossman HanFar North Queensland, QLD

For millionaires only

Purchased this and it chews through the batteries every two days, I lurched the most expensive battery at $9.90 it will cost me $1800 a year to water my garden via the Btx1 what a piece of junk Im taking it back for a refund, I would say brought to market too soon

Purchased for $80.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello, thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear you have had a faulty unit. Please do return it for an exchange. Thank you, your Holman Team!

DavidSydney, NSW

No working in my mode out of box

Hi,
I bought the BTX1 yesterday - installed as per instructions and linked via Bluetooth.. unit will not operate under any condition manual or scheduled. Plenty of water pressure but can’t hear any activity and no flow ? I have changed batteries both were new .. any thoughts .
David

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $50.00.

Holman I.Holman

Without further information, it it hard to diagnose. Please be sure you are using the iGardener app, not iwater. Please give us a call on 1300 716 188. If you believe the timer is faulty, please return it for an exchange. Thank you, your Holman Team!

David

Have had three fail in a few months,

I bought two in May 2019 from Bunnings Darwin, one failed after about two months, clicks but no water flow, changed battery, still didnt work. Had it replaced. The second unit then failed in the same way. Had it replaced. The first replacement has now failed in the same way, I noticed because the garden was dying. These are very unreliable - that’s three out of four failed out of four in just months. Looks like another trip to Bunnings, would really like a full refund to spend on a better product...

Purchased in May 2019.

Holman I.Holman

It seems looking at the messages below that I’m not the only one! The review from Chicken dates from when I bought mine and it seems Holman concede a problem with the product, but have now tried to fob me off with my similar problem.

Glen

GlenHobart, TAS

Failed Out Of The Box

Purchased today from Bunnings, fitted to a tap, downloaded the app, paired the device, all good so far. Turned on the tap and water was flowing ??? Used the app to turn it off, water continued to flow! Cycled the unit on and off a few times with the app, I could hear the clicks inside the unit but water continued to flow! Called customer service and was told they have had some units with faulty diaphragms, told customer service I was taking it back for a refund.
I fully agree with two previous posts; "should have read the reviews before purchasing" and "thankfully Bunnings has a good return policy"

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $52.80.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Glen, thank you for your review. Your Holman Team!

Not Happy

Not HappyVictoria

Should have read the reviews before I bought them

I bought 6 of the tap mounted smart valves at Bunnings over a period of 6 months. The idea of these things is fantastic , but the execution is terrible.
The valves sometimes don't open
One unit doesn't shut off and floods
They churn through batteries at a great rate and I will be taking them back to Bunnings, can't afford to change batteries every 4-6 months

Purchased in June 2018.

Holman I.Holman

Hello, thank you for your review. Your Holman Team!

Unreliable and consistently faulty

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.00.

Alistair

AlistairMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Shouldn’t be on the shelves

Bought four of these 18 months ago from Bunnings. All four have now packed it in having run into multiple issues. One doesn’t connect, one consistently says low battery, two have faulty solenoids. iOS and firmware all updated...still useless. Useless. Do not buy.

Purchased in January 2018.

Laura G.

Laura G.South East Queensland, QLD

Does not turn off

Purchased in March 2019.

Tracey C.

Tracey C.asked

Hi
I am trying unsuccessfully to connect my Bluetooth to the iGardener app. I have put in a new battery. Turned off and on Bluetooth and the app nothing! I have connected BTX1 previously now it will not find it. An suggestions?

Holman I.Holman

Hello Tracey, please remove the battery for 10 mins, and try your connecting again, or you can press and hold the internal reset button. If you need anything further, please call us on 1300 716 188.

Gary Grimmerasked

My water pressure is fine but when I attach the Smart Valve, it's restricting the pressure and there's not enough to run the irrigation system. The valve is opening and closing, and I get some water pressure but not enough.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Gary, yes, there will be restriction as water must pass through the timer. Your flow rate will be restricted down to around 26LPM

Gary Grimmer

Yes, but not enough is passing through to give adequate pressure to irrigate the garden. VERY LOW pressure.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Gary, if you believe the diaphragm is failing, please have this exchanged at your local Bunnings store.

Bretth

Bretthasked

I have the battery indicator showing red and flashing. The device will not turn on. I have swapped the battery with other controllers which are working. Same result red flashing battery indicator and not working. Reset the app and Bluetooth. Deleted and re added the device still not working.

They are a terrible product, I wont even return mine, put it straight in the bin..
Sorry to be so brutal

Ged

I purchased 3 and all three had the same problems as you. I do not believe the BTX1 gets enough power even with a new battery. I returned mine and purchased the B-Hyve product which works perfectly

Holman I.Holman

Hello Bretth, the battery indicator will show red when the timer is in use. This will return to black after a moment. please use a fresh, alkaline battery. Thank you.

Get an answer from our members and Holman representatives