Holman BTX6

Holman BTX6

Stacy

Stacy

It's 2020 Holman. Bluetooth is not that hard!

Bluetooth doesn't work. The app can't recognise the receiver. Terrible product. Save yourself the grief and look for another option. How hard can it be to get Bluetooth to work properly!

Purchased in November 2020 for A$280.00.

Daryl B

Daryl BPerth, WA

BTX6 useless - Holman customer service outstanding

Experienced similar issues around the BTX6 model. I called Holman to complain. Within minutes they'd recognised the problem and immediately sent me a new box for arrival tomorrow. Really impressed!

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings for A$147.00.

Rod M.

Rod M.South East Queensland, QLD

Unit failed

After working for sevceral months, the unit jusat started swithing off after 10-20 sec. Seems a common problem, but Holmans doesn't want to post a solution, just 'call me'. Given so many people have posted this issue both here and elsewhere, you would think Holmans would want to resolve it by telling us what the issue is.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$141.55.

Hilky

Hilky

Disappointing

Started off great but after not having to use for 3 weeks due to heavy rain the system is now useless in its automatic form. It turns on for a few seconds then suddenly turns itself off. Have cleaned the lines, checked battery but there has been no change. After reading above it appears to be a common issue. Holman really needs to improve reliability.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Leave it on the shelf in Bunnings

Device failed after about 18 months. Similar to many others here, it just stopped working. It was mounted inside the house, zero dust or thermal stress. Should not do this.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Wayne

WaynePerth, WA

Terrible device

Was working fine. Went away and came home to dead plants. unit will not connect to Bluetooth, cannot be found at all. New battery installed and still can’t be found or run manually. Waste of money. It’s only eight months old.

Purchased in May 2019 for A$120.00.

Ross

RossPerth, WA

BTX6 unit stops working after a min in Automatic run

I purchased it 4 month ago. Now it stops after a minute what an unreliable controller. I only used 2 zones of the controller for turf and plants. It is very disappointing.

Purchased in September 2019 at eBay for A$90.00.

Luke

LukeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Failed at 12 months

My unit had worked good for a year, although the solenoids have stuck on a few times. About to take back to bunnings after the electronics have gone, no connectivity, no manual functionality either

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$149.00.

Barry RQueensland

Another faulty BTX6

As above, my unit also stops working after 5 seconds in Auto mode. Failed while we were away for 4 weeks and now we have several dead plants. What is disappointing is that this is my second unit - the first failed after 8 months and this one only lasted 3 months!

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$149.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Barry, please call us on 1300 716 188.

Jeff HThe Mallee, VIC

Wont start automatically

This is the second BT6 I have had installed in the last 16 months and they both failed to start automatically or run on manual for more than a minute. very disappointing.

Purchased in February 2019.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Jeff, please give us a call on 1300 716 188.

Jeff H

I gave Holman a call and they were very helpful with my issue and posted me a new replacement unit, which I have installed and it is working great. Great back-up service, thank you Holman.

Jarrod T.

Jarrod T.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Awesome service from Holmans

My BTX6 also suffered from the fault of turning on only for 5 seconds after winter. Rang Holmans and they are sending a replacement. Can't fault their after care support!

Purchased in January 2019 for A$160.00.

Holman I.Holman

Thank you Jarrod, we are here to help!

Casey O.Central, SA

Great customer service

Hey, i have the BTX6 controller. It has been fine until i went to set it up again after winter. Comes on for 5 seconds then goes off. I contacted the service centre. They were very helpfull and are replacing it for me. Great service

Purchased in January 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$160.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Casey, thank you for your review!

Casey O.

Recieved my replacement in the mail today. A+ service. Will be using Holman again!

Holman I.Holman

Glad to be of service Casey!

Ari

AriRockingham

Holman BTX6 garbage

I purchased the BTX6 irrigation controller after taking one back to Bunnings with what I assumed was a isolated issue only to find out the BTX6 is indeed absolute rubbish, especially considering the "app" is so rubbing that Google Play store reflects my problems down to a tee without Holman replying to majority of complainants.. terrible service and terrible product..

Purchased in October 2019 for A$150.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Ari, you are welcome to call us on 1300 716 188 and we can help with your issue! Thank you, your Holman Team!

Aleisha

AleishaPerth, WA

Connection Issues

I had this installed a few weeks ago and it was working perfectly. Now it wont connect to my device at all. Ive followed all of the troubleshooting instructions but am unable to use the system. Incredibly frustrated as i have a brand new garden planted which Im now unable to water.

Purchased in September 2019.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Aleisha, please give us a call on 1300 716 188 for assistance with this. If you believe the controller if faulty, please return it to Bunnings with your docket for an exchange. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Liam

LiamPerth, WA

Connection issue

My phone dosnt stay connected to the sysrem it has to reconnect every time you wanna start or stop the system very annoying when it starts the system then you try stop it and says can't connect

Holman I.Holman

Hello Liam, this is indeed odd. Please give us a call on 1300 716 188 for assistance. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Keith H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Starts to work then Stops 5 sec into cycle

Hi i have a BTX6 and was trying to get it going again after our winter months are now past. It seemed to only run for 5 seconds then shut valve down. Have checked No2 valve and this does the same. While diagnosing it, it lost bluetooth connection, i re enabled bluetooth but received the message that couldnt find device. I have also re installed the app. I have checked the powerpack and doesnt appear to be any voltage coming out of it. Could this be a multiple failure of the unit. Its 18 months old . It was given as a house warming gift .

Purchased in May 2018.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Keith, are you running a pump or Master valve? We are unsure why there is a third wire to your AC. We will need further information to assist you with this issue, please call us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Keith H.

I will call product care. Thanks

Keith H.

Great customer service. Unit will be replaced as deemed faulty . It's good to see they actually look after their customer base.

Jarod

JarodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worked fine to begin with

This unit was super simple to setup and use, but then it just stopped working..
As with the other reviewers, the unit still switches the zones on initially but then after about 5 seconds it just switches them back off... very annoying!

Purchased in January 2019.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Jarod, please give our service department a call on 1300 716 188 for assistance. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Rhyce

RhycePerth, WA

Unsure

The BTX6 i bought last summer worked great on start up for the most part.
Pros: simple to use
Cons: can connect to only 1 device at a time
Now shuts off after 5seconds of use.
(No notification that’s it not working) came home to dead lawn after a week away.
No way to fix it
Exspensive and don’t see how I can justify $150 for a controller to last one summer.

Purchased in March 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$149.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Rhyce, Please give us a call on 1300 716 188 in regards to your controller. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Bill

BillPerth, WA

Not contractor friendly and failed after 5 months

As a landscaper we started using the BTX range of controllers to work together with the lighting controller, seemed like a wise decision but they are just not made for contractors, as we need to have the clients phone to set the controller up, as the you can only use one phone, great for testing the system and adjusting sprinklers with the bluetooth being able to shut the system down without running back to the controller.
The unit also failed after 5 months and had to be replaced, this was quick and easy enough as it is apparently a common problem with them. Unsure why they havent been recalled.

Purchased in August 2018.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Bill, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear your issue was resolved quickly! Our customer service team is always available on 1300 716 188.

Kimchip

KimchipPerth

Great Controller

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Holman I.Holman

Hello Kimchip, thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your new irrigation controller. Thank you, your Holman Team!