Holman BTX6

Holman BTX6

Stacy

Stacy

It's 2020 Holman. Bluetooth is not that hard!

Bluetooth doesn't work. The app can't recognise the receiver. Terrible product. Save yourself the grief and look for another option. How hard can it be to get Bluetooth to work properly!

Purchased in November 2020 for $280.00.

Daryl B

Daryl BPerth, WA

BTX6 useless - Holman customer service outstanding

Experienced similar issues around the BTX6 model. I called Holman to complain. Within minutes they'd recognised the problem and immediately sent me a new box for arrival tomorrow. Really impressed!

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings for $147.00.

Rod M.

Rod M.South East Queensland, QLD

Unit failed

After working for sevceral months, the unit jusat started swithing off after 10-20 sec. Seems a common problem, but Holmans doesn't want to post a solution, just 'call me'. Given so many people have posted this issue both here and elsewhere, you would think Holmans would want to resolve it by telling us what the issue is.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $141.55.

Garden Tools

Find out how Holman BTX6 compares to other Garden Tools

Leave it on the shelf in Bunnings

Device failed after about 18 months. Similar to many others here, it just stopped working. It was mounted inside the house, zero dust or thermal stress. Should not do this.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Wayne

WaynePerth, WA

Terrible device

Was working fine. Went away and came home to dead plants. unit will not connect to Bluetooth, cannot be found at all. New battery installed and still can’t be found or run manually. Waste of money. It’s only eight months old.

Purchased in May 2019 for $120.00.

Luke

LukeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Failed at 12 months

My unit had worked good for a year, although the solenoids have stuck on a few times. About to take back to bunnings after the electronics have gone, no connectivity, no manual functionality either

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $149.00.

Barry RQueensland

Another faulty BTX6

As above, my unit also stops working after 5 seconds in Auto mode. Failed while we were away for 4 weeks and now we have several dead plants. What is disappointing is that this is my second unit - the first failed after 8 months and this one only lasted 3 months!

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $149.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Barry, please call us on 1300 716 188.

Jarrod T.

Jarrod T.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Awesome service from Holmans

My BTX6 also suffered from the fault of turning on only for 5 seconds after winter. Rang Holmans and they are sending a replacement. Can't fault their after care support!

Purchased in January 2019 for $160.00.

Holman I.Holman

Thank you Jarrod, we are here to help!

Ari

AriRockingham

Holman BTX6 garbage

I purchased the BTX6 irrigation controller after taking one back to Bunnings with what I assumed was a isolated issue only to find out the BTX6 is indeed absolute rubbish, especially considering the "app" is so rubbing that Google Play store reflects my problems down to a tee without Holman replying to majority of complainants.. terrible service and terrible product..

Purchased in October 2019 for $150.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Ari, you are welcome to call us on 1300 716 188 and we can help with your issue! Thank you, your Holman Team!

Garden Tools

Find out how Holman BTX6 compares to other Garden Tools

Aleisha

AleishaPerth, WA

Connection Issues

I had this installed a few weeks ago and it was working perfectly. Now it wont connect to my device at all. Ive followed all of the troubleshooting instructions but am unable to use the system. Incredibly frustrated as i have a brand new garden planted which Im now unable to water.

Purchased in September 2019.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Aleisha, please give us a call on 1300 716 188 for assistance with this. If you believe the controller if faulty, please return it to Bunnings with your docket for an exchange. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Jarod

JarodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worked fine to begin with

This unit was super simple to setup and use, but then it just stopped working..
As with the other reviewers, the unit still switches the zones on initially but then after about 5 seconds it just switches them back off... very annoying!

Purchased in January 2019.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Jarod, please give our service department a call on 1300 716 188 for assistance. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Bill

BillPerth, WA

Not contractor friendly and failed after 5 months

As a landscaper we started using the BTX range of controllers to work together with the lighting controller, seemed like a wise decision but they are just not made for contractors, as we need to have the clients phone to set the controller up, as the you can only use one phone, great for testing the system and adjusting sprinklers with the bluetooth being able to shut the system down without running back to the controller.
The unit also failed after 5 months and had to be replaced, this was quick and easy enough as it is apparently a common problem with them. Unsure why they havent been recalled.

Purchased in August 2018.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Bill, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear your issue was resolved quickly! Our customer service team is always available on 1300 716 188.

Funky ConsumerPerth, WA