Holman BTX8

Holman BTX8 Questions & Answers

19 questions from our users

Joshasked

I bought a Hollman WX8 a few months ago from Bunnings. It has been working fine. Now the app says it’s “offline”. When I went to the unit it has no power. Nothing lights up at all. Any ideas?

try a hard reset, with battery removed and the unit turned off

Holman I.Holman

Hello Josh, have you checked the fuse? You are welcome to call us on 1300 716 188 for assistance and troubleshooting. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Josh

Hi. Thanks for your reply. The fuse looks ok. Still no power.

Craig H

Craig Hasked

Hi
My BTX8 has stopped connecting to my phone in able to find.
I have tried everything, including. reset app reset controller
Now no phone will even see it on there Bluetooth

MikeJ

MikeJasked

Just bought the btx8. Downloaded app but keep getting NO DEVICE FOUND message. Any idea

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your question, we're happy to help get you connected - please call 1300 716 188 for assistance - we're here from 7am until 4pm Perth local time (Monday - Friday).
We look forward to helping soon, your Holman Team!

Julie Basked

Hello we have had our BTX8 for 2 years + we installed the rain sensor and it seems since then the irrigation won't run unless I reset on my I phone and it only works once then stops again.
We have disconnected from the power and battery and still the same.
Any ideas that we can try??

Holman I.Holman

Hello Julie, please be sure the Rain Sensor toggle on the unit is set to ON. Please also check that the small metal plate between the C and R terminals has been removed when the rain sensor was wired in. Please check how you have your rain sensor connected. For best connection, remove all wires from the C terminal and wire to one of the rain sensor wires, take the other rain sensor wire and connect this to the C terminal. This will ensure the C terminal is cut when wet and no watering will occur. If you need further assistance, please give us a call on 1300 716 188.

Julie

James.s

James.sasked

Hello my btx8 was working on Sunday but by Friday my iPhone won’t connect to it and when I turn the dial on the unit it stays lit up on the valve it uses and not whichever station I turn the dial too

Holman I.Holman

Hello James, please remove the battery and unplug from the power for 10mins. Dump and reload the app and after the reset, power up the unit and it should pair back to the phone. If you have any further issues with your controller, please contact us directly on 1300 716 188 or service@holmanindustries.com.au Thank you, your Holman Team!

Leroy

Leroyasked

Team,

My BTX8 system won't automatically change stations or turn off after the set time? Works fine in manual mode, watering for the desired time and then switching off but no it auto mode. What have I done wrong please?

PatR

PatR asked

BTX8 battery icon is flashing red in zone management. System is working fine though.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Pat, when you are changing the programme or running the timer manually, in the app, the battery will show as red as it is in use. This will stop after a moment. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Thomas D.

Thomas D.asked

Hi, had my unit for nearly 12 months, lost the receipt so can’t say for sure. It has been brilliant, but all of a sudden when going to
Shut it down with the wet weather, came unresponsive. No lights on the unit, won’t reset. Is this a common fault?? It’s like the transformer has failed? Checked the glass fuse, was good.

do you have your bank statement from when you purchased it? bunnings will accept that as a receipt for a swap over

Holman I.Holman

Hello Thomas, for product support, please call us in 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Calen F.

Calen F.asked

Hi

Just hooked up the BTX8 and the bore comes on straight away with the controller set to off. The stop button does not shut it down either.
The contactor is wired to the Master and Common.
Any help?

Holman I.Holman

Hello Calen, thank you for your query. For technical assistance, please call us direct on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Banga R.

Banga R.asked

Hi Fellow BTX8 users,
I have just installed the BTX8 but and bluetooth has found it. The problem is when i open the igardener app it doesn't find it. Has anyone else had this issue and have a fix for me?
I have done a reset with putting the system in run and lock and hold the start for 15 secs and no fix.
I have also deleted and reinstalled with no fix.
When i do put it on say valve 2 and press start it only comes on for say 20 seconds only.
Please help!
Cheers.

Dustyasked

I’ve had my BTX8 for 12 months & it worked perfectly but today it didn’t water when scheduled so I pressed the Start button to run all stations but the blue ring of LEDs flashed red & the system didn’t turn on.
I ran each station manually using the app so obviously the solenoids are ok.
I tried a new battery without success.
I’ve also removed the battery & turned the power point off plus removed the plug. I then reconnected & still no joy. Hopefully you can advise me of a fix for this as initially I bought a BTX6 which developed a problem a couple of months after purchasing it & was replaced with this unit as the BTX6 was no longer in production at the time

we have discontinued using the BTX range in favour of the new WIFI Range, these blue tooth controllers were plagued with problems, I'd suggest a return if you have the receipt from bunnings

Dusty

I bought the BTX6 on eBay but my wife dropped into your factory at Ozzie Park & you gave her the new BTX8
We don’t have full-time wi-fi at our home as we use hotspot on our phone plans.
I take it the wi-fi is only required to set it up & make settings changes? If so I can connect it to my hotspot....

Holman I.Holman

Hello Dusty, without a modem, you will not be able to complete the set-up process for a WIFI controller. We have replaced this unit for you once and a replacement for this will not be avaliable. The red lights only indicate there is no 9V battery inserted, this will not affect the operation of the controller. please try a hard reset, power down the unit, delete and reload the app to get your controller up and running again. For further tech support, please call us direct on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Tina M.

Tina M.asked

Hi one zone on my btx8 starts works for 10 seconds then stops for 5 seconds and starts again repeating this on off cycle. No other zone has this issue. Can anybody tell me why this is happening?

Nathan

Nathanasked

Good afternoon. How far am I able to run the cables from solenoid to wall controller. Is their a distance calc that i should use. For example over 50m, 1mm as a minimum?

Hilky

Hilkyasked

Hi, the devices was previously connected by bluetooth but when I went to use it today it failed to connect. I have gone through troubleshooting of unpairing and trying to re-pair but no joy. Have also tried deleting the device from the app with the view to reconnect that way as new device but the device wasn't found. All that is occurring is the blue lights keep going around in circles along each valve indicator continually. I've checked that my phone's bluetooth is working with other devices and it is. Any advice?

Peter H.asked

Hi have BTX8. Was paired correctly but went to use it today and no connection. Have done troubleshooting guide and unpaired and tried to reconnect but nothing. Deleted the device with the thought to reconnect but no change. All it shows the whole time is the blue lights for each of the valves continually going around in circles. Any advice?

turn it off and reset it, delete it from your phone, re-setup. I have had the same issue, this model is a has a few bugs, they have a new wifi version which has most of those issues ironed out.

Peter H.

Thanks, will give that a try.

Peter H.

No joy again. This is getting very frustrating. Had an issue with the previous Holman controller which this one replaced.

Ken C.

Ken C.asked

I have wired the BTX8 up to 3 solenoids for three different stations and one for the master valve but always two stations come on at once never just one. Why does this happen? The wiring is as in the manual Master Valve Installation.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Ken, for customer support, please call us directly on 1300 716 188. thank you, your Holman Team!

Kane

Kaneasked

Got the BTX8 installed and it comes up with Manual watering cannot start due to low battery

Its connected to powers does new battery in so why is this coming up

Holman I.Holman

This indicates a power issue. Please check your power point connection. for support, please call 1300 716 188

Peter Gasked

New btx8 just installed. When i manually turn on one station all is ok but when i attempt to stop the btx8 blows a fuse. Have used 4 new fuses today but all blown. This did not happen last time i used it 7 days ago

Holman I.Holman

Hello Peter, the fuse protects the board from external surges. There is a problem with your field wiring. please check your solenoids and wiring. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Thaks will do

Peter Gasked

Hi just installed btx8 but fuse blew on second day. Why would this occur? Is it a common problem?

Thankyou will do

Get an answer from our members and Holman representatives

Other Garden Tools