Holman Water Whiz 400

1.6

Trebor

Trebortas

No real problems

Bought from Bunnings before start of last seasons Tomatoes in Greenhouse. Saved my bacon. Now in use for its second session - (repaced battery even though it still showed full). Running without a problem. Once you get the various settings right, you can go away with peace of mind.Found these adverse reviews whilst tryin to purchase another unit to water the rest of my garden during the Christmas break. Will keep my fingers crossed. Cheers.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Trebor, Thank you for your review!

Trav H.

Trav H.Western District, VIC

Can't trust it to actually work

Worked fine for one summer of watering, now only works about 20% of the time. Most times when it comes on (either manually or via schedule) the display indicates that it's on but no water flows. Started happening intermittently but now happens all the time. Have changed out batteries to no avail.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$150.00.

Conrad

ConradSouth East Queensland, QLD

Zero star rating

Bought first unit from Bunnings. Zone 4 solenoid not functional. Returned and swapped with a second unit. Zones 1 and 2 not working! Very frustrating. Wish I'd seen this website first. Looks like it is hard to find a decent 4 zone programmable tap timer that actually works.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$164.00.

AnthonyAustralian Capital Territory

Needs no star rating

Bought from Bunnings worked great for two weeks. Then solenoids failed in 2,3, and 4 so I could only use the first line. I wished I’d seen this website before I purchased this and saved my time and money.

Purchased in August 2020 for A$154.00.

Peter and Debra

Peter and DebraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waist of money

We have now got three of these things. They work on occasions most of the time they are useless attachments on the tap that waist more time fiddling with then it would take to hand water. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$180.00.

Bette M

Bette M

Not worth 1 star. Complete rubbish.

I have now had a gardener, a landscaper and a handyman all attempt to get this completely useless instrument working. When I add up my time invested and theirs, it demonstrates what a poor choice I made. Do not waste your money or time!

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$180.00.

Milo

MiloPerth, WA

Rubbish

Have had one for over a year so cant return now, but manual watering doesnt work and program watering doesnt always come on, bought another one 2 weeks ago for the front yard, the manual watering and programmed watering doesnt work so will be taking back asap, waste of money specially when it cost $160

Dave

Dave

Random failures and then complete failure

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$164.00.

jemcm

jemcmAU

Rubbish, like everyone else suggest.

Like all the other poor reviews, says it is watering in either auto or manual but no water comes out. We had it set while we were away and came back to carnage.

Avoid or at least keep your receipt, you'll be returning it within 3 months.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$165.00.

Reliable?

Product worked perfectly, then showed signs of poor power supply. Changed batteries, same problem. Put a thin cardboard packer in battery compartment to improve contact , end of problem. Such a brilliant design, other than poor connection.

Purchased in November 2019.

Peter

PeterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rubbish

The first unit worked irregularly, replaced it, second one started leaking, third now working irregularly. All of this within 2 months of purchasing, will be returning for a refund now.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$164.00.

DON’T EVER BUY

This product does not deserve 1 Star.

Like most people it says it’s watering but nothing happens. Bought it today and immediately failed, never worked, replaced 3 hours after the original purchase and the second unit worked once and then nothing.

This is beyond a joke considering it is not a cheap timer.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$164.00.

Mark

MarkCentral, SA

Useless

I bought this to water a property I own in the country that I do not live at . Like the other reviews , the valves to not switch on even though the screen shows water is on. This is both on manual and auto . So disappointed when you see your garden dying because this thing does not come on. I’m astounded that this is a known issue for a few years now and it is being still made and sold . What a waste for such an expensive timer

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$175.00.

Anthony

It indicates it watering but no water

This is garbage. Purchased both th 200 and 400 series. 200 has been swapped out once and now have the same problem with the 400. It doesnt water even though it indicates it is. Also zone 3 manual operation doesnt work on its own.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$160.00.

Karen

KarenSouth West, WA

NO WATER!

Does NOT work! Did not come on the morning we were to go away and could not even get it to function on manual. Went online to check reviews and low and behold people with exactly the same problem. NOT RELIABLE!

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$100.00.

Mary

MaryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't waste your money

Had one of these which worked well for 2 weeks then a hit or miss situation, valves wouldn't open on 2 of the outlets. After re programming several times trying to get it to work returned it to Bunnings for a replacement, same situation one of the zones not functioning at all. This timer is not fit for the purpose intended, how could you possibly go away and rely on it working. Having now read other reviews Holman must be aware of this inherent fault and should be doing something to rectify the situation. A pile of rubbish!

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$169.00.

Mat

Mat

frustrating

Had one of these units recently and have had to replace it twice in the space of 10 days. Installed them for a new lawn so had to have a functioning unit. It failed almost every time, either one of the four stations would come on and not the others, a couple of times no stations would come on at all. Even had issues turning it on manually. Constantly bleeding the unit as per the instructions. Holman are obviuosly well aware of this. Very frustrating and after the second unit failed. Also had purchased a Holman manual four hose splitter brass unit that worked for 5 days and then water spewing out the sides. I chose Holman because they're an Aussie brand but certainly won't purchase or recommend this brand.

Holman I.Holman

Thank you Mat, we will pass your feedback on.

Daveo78

Daveo78Perth, WA

Run for 12 months flawlessly

Had the 4 station Pope model and took it back after 1 week. One station just kept flowing everytime it turned on. Spent more on the four outlet Holman and honestly they are light years apart. 12 months later and it still has full battery. No issues. Fingers crossed it continues.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$150.00.

Holman I.Holman

hello Daveo78, Thank you for your review.

JaiCeeMoncrieff 2914, ACT

Absolute Rubbish

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$169.00.

JaiCee

Update today... none of the zones turned on... don't waste your money. The Orbit has 5 star reviews

Neil

NeilSydney, NSW

Not rubbish....but close

I had a Pope 3 way timer for ten years but the programming button wore out so I went shopping at Bunnings. I found the Holman 4 way and decided the extra outlet could be useful so I bought one. To be fair I've been using it for 18 months without a problem until the feeder pipe started leaking inside the unit and now sprays water all over the electrical equipment inside. As a result its heading for the bin. I've just been to Bunnings to buy a 3 way Pope. So I'm not going to tell you how to spend your money but I had a $99 Pope timer for 10 YEARS and a $169 Holman for 18 MONTHS. If you do the maths.......... Good luck with whatever you choose to buy.

Purchased in May 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$169.00.

Paul Barlow

Paul Barlowasked

Water Whiz 400

This is my second Holman Water Whiz 400 and I am having the same problem. This one has served well for nearly 2 years. I have three outlets connected. Of late the Holman is leaking once again from the neck of the unit. The flat top of the white neck has broken off from the body of the main neck. Can this part be replaced? Or do I now need to buy a new one again?
Paul

Byron

Byronasked

Water Whiz 400

I Have a Waterwhiz 400 and the zone #1 will not close. I have tried the reset function, the manual running of zone #1 for 1 min etc, but it still will not close zone #1. When I run the manual function on zone #1 it almost instantly shows reset on a blank screen.
Your earliest attention will be appreciated.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Byron, for product support, please contact us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Nick Masked

Water Whiz 400

My Water Whiz 400 keeps resetting the time by itself. I have it on Auto, when I come back to it is on 'set time' and the time has changed.
How can I stop it doing this please?

DrDG
DrDG

Hi Nick, I have never experienced this issue myself. Have you tried to reset the Water Whiz and try setting the time again. To reset it, press and hold the OK button till the time is reset to 7.00am. The unit will be in default settings now. Also make sure that your batteries have a good charge and are not close to being dead.

Dear Dr DG
I renewed batteries (they seemed OK) and reset as you suggested. Clock seems to work now - and switches on at the right times etc.
It runs the first channel, then gets stuck on the second - won't send any water now even on manual to channels 2,3 or 4. Channel 1 works fine.
Any ideas? Maybe a malfunction?
Nick

Get an answer from our members and Holman representatives