Holman Water Whiz 400

14 questions from our users

Paul Barlow

Paul Barlowasked

Water Whiz 400

This is my second Holman Water Whiz 400 and I am having the same problem. This one has served well for nearly 2 years. I have three outlets connected. Of late the Holman is leaking once again from the neck of the unit. The flat top of the white neck has broken off from the body of the main neck. Can this part be replaced? Or do I now need to buy a new one again?
Paul

Byron

Byronasked

Water Whiz 400

I Have a Waterwhiz 400 and the zone #1 will not close. I have tried the reset function, the manual running of zone #1 for 1 min etc, but it still will not close zone #1. When I run the manual function on zone #1 it almost instantly shows reset on a blank screen.
Your earliest attention will be appreciated.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Byron, for product support, please contact us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Nick Masked

Water Whiz 400

My Water Whiz 400 keeps resetting the time by itself. I have it on Auto, when I come back to it is on 'set time' and the time has changed.
How can I stop it doing this please?

DrDG

Hi Nick, I have never experienced this issue myself. Have you tried to reset the Water Whiz and try setting the time again. To reset it, press and hold the OK button till the time is reset to 7.00am. The unit will be in default settings now. Also make sure that your batteries have a good charge and are not close to being dead.

Dear Dr DG
I renewed batteries (they seemed OK) and reset as you suggested. Clock seems to work now - and switches on at the right times etc.
It runs the first channel, then gets stuck on the second - won't send any water now even on manual to channels 2,3 or 4. Channel 1 works fine.
Any ideas? Maybe a malfunction?
Nick

kane g.

kane g.asked

Water Whiz 400

Do you have to reduce the water pressure going into the 400 because it’s just popping the droppers off at full pressure

DrDG

No I don’t adjust the water pressure. The water timer just connects directly into the tap with no issues at all.

Graham L.

Graham L.asked

Water Whiz 400

Can you set three stations to run every second day and one station to run every day.

Mark
Mark

Yes you can as each station can be programmed as you like

nick

nickasked

Water Whiz 400

hello. i have recently set up the water whiz 400 at my fathers place. we ran the system manually and all 3 zones worked perfectly. when i set the timer the next day the timer started counting down and the water signal on the unit came on but the no water is coming out of the tap itself.

Holman I.Holman

Be sure the tap is turned up to half way or higher.
When setting the watering days, be sure there is a box around the days you want to select. If using multiple ZONES be sure to select days for each ZONE or they will not run. Do the same when selecting INTERVAL days.
Start times are selected for the days already programmed in each ZONE. You cannot set different start times for each of these days.
The programme that has been entered will only operate when the timer is in AUTO mode. If the timer is in OFF mode, it will not water.
When using MANUAL to water, you must be in AUTO mode. Press the MANUAL button, select the ZONE and add a run time.
If you stop MANUAL watering before the entered time has elapsed, it will store that time and use it the next time the MANUAL water has been selected. Always be sure to dial any residual time back to 0 mins.
DELAY time can be set. When in AUTO mode, press the plus or minus button to select a delay.
If the mode automatically jumps to AUTO it means you have not input either WATERING DAYS or START TIMES and you must go back and programme these.

FAQ WATERWHIZ CO4001 CO4002 CO4004

Q. I have attached my unit to the tap and there is water running from the outlet, how do I stop this?
A. You will need to close the solenoid manually. Select the AUTO setting and pressing the MANUAL button. Press the plus button to enter a run time (1-min) and let this time elapse. This will close the solenoid once the time has run. You may need to select the ZONE on multiple outlet timers by pressing the ZONE button to select the correct outlet that is running.
Q. My timer is not coming on at the scheduled time.
A. Be sure you have not selected a DELAY time. With your timer in AUTO mode, press the plus button to check the DELAY time is on 0.
Q. I am trying to manually run ZONE 2 but my timer keeps reverting to ZONE 1
A. Press the MANUAL button and use the minus button to set the RUN time in ZONE 1 to zero. Press your ZONE button to select the correct ZONE and enter the run time for that ZONE.
Q My timer shows it is watering but there is no water coming thru?
A. There may be an airlock in the system. Disconnect the timer and reset it. Flush your irrigation system before attaching to the timer again.
Q. Why is the water still running after my programme has finished?
A. There may be a pressure issue with your system. The use of a pressure reducer, attached at the tap, before the timer, will assist in this situation.
Q. Zone 1 is working fine, but the other zones are not watering.
A. Please check the programming to ensure a START time and a RUN time have been set for each of these ZONES.
Q How do I reset my timer?
A Press and hold the OK button till the time is reset to 7.00am. The unit will be in default settings now.
Q Is it OK to use my timer over winter?
A We do not recommend the use of your timer over the winter period. It will not handle low temperatures, below 3 degrees Celsius may damage the timer.
We advise the timer to be removed over the winter period, or allowed to drain if left on the tap.

deborahlynette

deborahlynetteasked

Water Whiz 400

I bought a 4 outlet tap timer & it did not work most of the time. It didnt go off as set & also wouldnt work in manual mode.
I went & got a replacement. This morning 1 area went off but another area that was set for 4 times a day did not go off. It shows on the timer that its supposed to be working ( the tap dripping sign is there) but nothing happens.
I cant believe how unreliable it is for the price

Holman I.Holman

Hello, for technical support, please call us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team.

JaiCee
JaiCee

Question.... did you call the Holman team and did they actually help???

Andrew

Andrewasked

Water Whiz 400

Battery just went flat which is fair enough but one of the valves is now permanently open. I have replaced the batteries and tried to trick it to close by putting on manual but wont close. This is the third unit Ive had, all replaced under warranty at Bunnings, but I cant find the receipt now as this one has been going great for a while. Is there any way to get the valve to close?

Holman I.Holman

Please call 1300 716 188 for technical support.

Heidiasked

Water Whiz 400

Purchased our second one of these about 2 weeks ago and 2 of the valves do not seem to get water to them. Ive turned the taps n and off and swapped it to manual to test but nothing. Is it a faulty system we have.

BiBi43

I think they have a faulty batch. I had one good one that has been working well for a long time so I put another on the other section of garden. But this was nothing but trouble, it even drained my tank because I failed to notice it had not turned off and ran all night. Bunnings kindly replaced it, but that one was also faulty, so they again changed that. But this one again had problems so Bunnings allowed me to exchange it for one made in Germany (plus extra cash because it was more expensive). This one has been running reliably without any trouble since installed and I love how you can click off the controls and take them inside to program it, unlike the Holmans which you have to crouch at tap height to see what you are doing.

Blacky
Blacky

I agree that its faulty, i have changed 3 so far and hopefully the 4th touch wood is ok
make sure your battery's are in good condition also,

Heidi

BiBi if you dont mind me asking what is the German one? Its annoying as we have one that works well in our front yard but this one we got for the backyard does not seem to come on automatically and 2 valves dont work manually, yet they did go manually when we set it up.

Tim

Timasked

Water Whiz 400

My unit has been working fine until recently when it started leaking a large amount of water from just under the mains tap connection. I am guessing the washer needs replacing... where can one be purchased?

Try emailing Holmans

BiBi43

If you bought it from Bunnings take it back. They changed mine for a new one, even though I couldn’t the docket. All I had to do was show the bank ard I purchased it with. After two swaps and still getting unreliable Holman timers, Bunnings allowed me to purchase a German one and pay the balance. I like the latter as you can take off the timer part and take it inside to program it, if you want to.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Tim, hard to say why with out further information but please do call us on 1300 716 188 and we will assist you further with your query. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Adrian Brooksasked

Water Whiz 400

I have 8 pop up sprinklers running on my verge. When I connect the 19 mm pipe directly to the tap it works fine. When I connect it via the Holman water whiz 400, there is insufficient pressure to lift the sprinklers. Is there anything I can do or could you suggest an alternative product? I do not want to install solenoids ect, and have four stations in total. Can you help please?
Adrian

BiBi43

Take it back to Bunnings and change it for another brand.

Holman I.Holman

Water from the tap must travel thru the timer you wish to use, this will, of course, restrict the flow. There is a max flow of 26LPM coming thru your timer, this will determine how many sprinklers you can run from any zone at one time. Any brand of timer will produce this same affect. You must increase the number for zones you have or reduce the sprinklers in use. There is no easier way to have watering if you wish it from the tap. Automated irrigation from the mains, with solenoids and an irrigation controller is the optimal way to water, however as you do not wish to use such a system you will need to create an extra zone for your watering. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Adrian Brooks

Thanks, I changed them to lower flow fixed sprinklers and works fine now. Thanks for reply.

Trevor Lee

Trevor Leeasked

Water Whiz 400

Unit stopped working after 1 week. I have re set & re set but the unit will not come on at all. I have a new lawn and need this unit to work.
Do I return it for a replacement?

Petstra Gardens
Petstra Gardens

Hi Trevor, just double check that batteries are still charged and if so, return the unit and either try another unit of same brand (it’s hit and miss) or another brand. Good luck!

Holman I.Holman

Hello Trevor, you are welcome to give us a call on 1300 716 188 for trouble shooting assistance. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Peter W.

Peter W.asked

Water Whiz 400

I have a Holman 8 stn timer unit. It was coupled to a bus system with 4 outlets. Can you still buy the solenoid valves?

Holman I.Holman

hello Peter, you will need to contact our service department on 1300 716 188 for further assistance with this. Thank you, your Holman Team!

oconnord

oconnordasked

Water Whiz 400

When I set the unit to Auto and turn the tap on, water comes out of all the valves? It does not seem to turn off and wait for the timer?

Holman I.Holman

Hello, You will need to close the solenoid manually. Select the AUTO setting and pressing the MANUAL button. Press the ‘plus’ button to enter a run time (1-min) and let this time elapse. This will close the solenoid once the time has run. You may need to select the ZONE on multiple outlet timers by pressing the ZONE button to select the correct outlet that is running

Get an answer from our members and Holman representatives