Holman Water Whiz 400

Holman Water Whiz 400 (page 2 of 2)

1.6

Frustratingly annoying

We live 350km away from store... took it home... programmed it and only 1 water station worked properly. First station would sometimes allow manual override and other times it would not open the valve. Station 2 worked how the product should have but then station 3 and 4 did not open the valve at all. I am worried about getting a replacement and having to drive 700km round trip to be disappointed again.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $165.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Lisa, thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear this! Our trouble shooting is available on our website. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Lisa

Can you send me the direct link to the trouble shooting please? If it is the same blurb as is on your instructions, it didn't work:( Regards

brettsnz

brettsnzPerth, WA

Flawless so far

Has worked flawlessly for the last 18 months and will hopefully continue to do so for a while to come. I very rarely review anything but the one star this thing is averaging is not justified in my opinion. Fingers crossed I haven't cursed it by writing this review.

Purchased in November 2017 for $150.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Brettsnz, thank you for your review!

Lasted 12 months

Disappointed to read these reviews as mine has now done the same.
The system has been resetting its time, so unless i check it the system wont come on when required. Middle of summer? Not ideal. Then when i use manual on, put a time in, it starts, i can not use manual off i just have to wait it out... but not the time i input, whatever time it feels like. Sometimes a half hour, sometimes ten minutes. I have tried new batteries even though it made no indication of being low. Still no joy. Sometimes no water comes through (at least once a week)... has anything been changed since the below reviews? Very unsure if i should replace it with the same if i will just get the same model.

Purchased in December 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $149.00.

Garden Tools

Find out how Holman Water Whiz 400 compares to other Garden Tools

bomber67

bomber67

No Water Flowing Through When Programmed & LED Display Script Lights Up & Timer Resets

Purchased in February 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $150.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hi bomber67, Thank you for your review. if you would like to discuss your concerns further, please email us at service@holmanindustries or call us on 1300 716 188 (Monday to Friday 7am to 4.00pm WST) to speak with one of our Customer Service Team.

santo

santo

Nice interface and flexibility. Would be perfect if it allowed water to pass through itself.

Loved the user interface and flexibility of programming. Four watering zones each with 4 individual programmable runtimes including frequency (select which days to water or the option to choose every second or third day) gives heaps of flexibility.
Unfortunately after a week it simply stopped working reliably. Had it replaced and that unit failed within a couple of days.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Holman I.Holman

Hello Santo, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear this has happened. We will pass this along to our development team. If you need any assistance, please call us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

AndreaAdelaide

Buy Orbit ... you won't be sorry!

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Paul Barlow

Paul Barlowasked

Water Whiz 400

This is my second Holman Water Whiz 400 and I am having the same problem. This one has served well for nearly 2 years. I have three outlets connected. Of late the Holman is leaking once again from the neck of the unit. The flat top of the white neck has broken off from the body of the main neck. Can this part be replaced? Or do I now need to buy a new one again?
Paul

Byron

Byronasked

Water Whiz 400

I Have a Waterwhiz 400 and the zone #1 will not close. I have tried the reset function, the manual running of zone #1 for 1 min etc, but it still will not close zone #1. When I run the manual function on zone #1 it almost instantly shows reset on a blank screen.
Your earliest attention will be appreciated.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Byron, for product support, please contact us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Nick Masked

Water Whiz 400

My Water Whiz 400 keeps resetting the time by itself. I have it on Auto, when I come back to it is on 'set time' and the time has changed.
How can I stop it doing this please?

DrDG
DrDG

Hi Nick, I have never experienced this issue myself. Have you tried to reset the Water Whiz and try setting the time again. To reset it, press and hold the OK button till the time is reset to 7.00am. The unit will be in default settings now. Also make sure that your batteries have a good charge and are not close to being dead.

Dear Dr DG
I renewed batteries (they seemed OK) and reset as you suggested. Clock seems to work now - and switches on at the right times etc.
It runs the first channel, then gets stuck on the second - won't send any water now even on manual to channels 2,3 or 4. Channel 1 works fine.
Any ideas? Maybe a malfunction?
Nick

Get an answer from our members and Holman representatives