Holman Water Whiz

Holman Water Whiz (page 2 of 3)

400, 200, 100

Mando1163

Mando1163Western District, VIC

Works once then requires reset

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$99.00.

Karen

KarenSouth West, WA

NO WATER!

Does NOT work! Did not come on the morning we were to go away and could not even get it to function on manual. Went online to check reviews and low and behold people with exactly the same problem. NOT RELIABLE!

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$100.00.

Mary

MaryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't waste your money

Had one of these which worked well for 2 weeks then a hit or miss situation, valves wouldn't open on 2 of the outlets. After re programming several times trying to get it to work returned it to Bunnings for a replacement, same situation one of the zones not functioning at all. This timer is not fit for the purpose intended, how could you possibly go away and rely on it working. Having now read other reviews Holman must be aware of this inherent fault and should be doing something to rectify the situation. A pile of rubbish!

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$169.00.

Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unusable

I bought this to water my garden for a week while I was away on holiday. I set it up correctly as per the instructions and it simply wouldn't work. One tap would work but the other wouldn't and pressing OK would sometimes reset the device and make me set the time all over again. It just seemed to work at random.

I ended up returning this after wasting a day of trying to get it working. Don't bother buying this junk.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$105.00.

steve.adams.102977

steve.adams.102977Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Failed after about one week of use

I purchased this item earlier in the year but only recently installed it. One of the cycles continually failed to activate after a week of use even though the image on the screen showed water exiting the tap . (And yes the water supply tap was turned on ) . The many negative online reviews along with my experience with this lamentable product meant I decided not to bother with seeking an identical replacement from my supplier ( Bunnings) as I have zero confidence in its ability to meet my expectations. I opted for a cash refund.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$99.00.

Du P.

Du P.Sydney, NSW

Great product!!

Surprise that got so many negative feedbacks ! But it works so well for me.
My only problem and why I searched it today, is because I need purchase for the 4 outlets rather than 2 outlets. Headache !!

Purchased in March 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$80.00.

Mat

Mat

frustrating

Had one of these units recently and have had to replace it twice in the space of 10 days. Installed them for a new lawn so had to have a functioning unit. It failed almost every time, either one of the four stations would come on and not the others, a couple of times no stations would come on at all. Even had issues turning it on manually. Constantly bleeding the unit as per the instructions. Holman are obviuosly well aware of this. Very frustrating and after the second unit failed. Also had purchased a Holman manual four hose splitter brass unit that worked for 5 days and then water spewing out the sides. I chose Holman because they're an Aussie brand but certainly won't purchase or recommend this brand.

Holman I.Holman

Thank you Mat, we will pass your feedback on.

Daveo78

Daveo78Perth, WA

Run for 12 months flawlessly

Had the 4 station Pope model and took it back after 1 week. One station just kept flowing everytime it turned on. Spent more on the four outlet Holman and honestly they are light years apart. 12 months later and it still has full battery. No issues. Fingers crossed it continues.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$150.00.

Holman I.Holman

hello Daveo78, Thank you for your review.

john.38

john.38Northeast, VIC

Latest units unreliable

Had a unit for 12 months and was really happy until every time I tried a manual water the unit would lose the time and day. Continued doing this after battery change.
Fortunately the unit had a 2 year warranty and I returned it to Bunnings. I have have since exchanged 3 units over the last month all with the same issue of being very unreliable. After ringing Holman Tech support, I was advised that I must have a pressure issue.
This seems very unlikely as it is usually 1 out of the 2 zones that doesnt work . And this is random.
It appears there have been many people with the same issues. I just hope Holman do take note and fix this common problem .

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$105.00.

UnHappy

UnHappySouthwest, VIC

Don't waste your money , should have read reviews .

Purchased at Bunnings 13/11/2019 for $105 . Seemed perfect for my needs .
Connected , tested , all good , set 2 zones 2 x 10 min. watering twice a day every 3rd day .
Headed off for work away for 2 weeks .
Arrived home to a dry unwatered garden with dried out & dead pot plants and garden.
Checked operation , switched to manual & yep it operated but the valve didn't open .
NO Watering at all .!!
Bunnings refunded money .
Why sell a known faulty product I asked ?

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Leopold for A$105.00.

Steve

SteveHunter Region, NSW

Fails to Operate

I bought this a couple of months ago thinking that it would be just what I needed as we regularly spend time away from home. What a dreadful mistake. I should have read all the reviews. It seems to operate OK when sitting on my kitchen table (ie the valves open and close as programed) but doesn't operate when attached to the garden tap. On manual control it only works about 25% of the time. My fruit trees are too precious to leave them to be watered by this device.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$125.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Steve, thank you for your review.

JaiCeeMoncrieff 2914, ACT

Absolute Rubbish

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$169.00.

JaiCee

Update today... none of the zones turned on... don't waste your money. The Orbit has 5 star reviews

Leigh.

Leigh.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Unreliable, seldom worked.

We have one of these timers and have had it for two years and it works faultlessly.
Needing a second timer, I bought another one exactly the same.
The second timer is useless. Doesnt come on when programmed. And having used the same timer previously, I know how to operate it!
Cost me my lemon tree, as it died while we were away over winter.
Bunnings were superb, offering first a change over, and it was faulty too, then my money back.
Purchase this timer at your peril.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$99.00.

Neil

NeilSydney, NSW

Not rubbish....but close

I had a Pope 3 way timer for ten years but the programming button wore out so I went shopping at Bunnings. I found the Holman 4 way and decided the extra outlet could be useful so I bought one. To be fair I've been using it for 18 months without a problem until the feeder pipe started leaking inside the unit and now sprays water all over the electrical equipment inside. As a result its heading for the bin. I've just been to Bunnings to buy a 3 way Pope. So I'm not going to tell you how to spend your money but I had a $99 Pope timer for 10 YEARS and a $169 Holman for 18 MONTHS. If you do the maths.......... Good luck with whatever you choose to buy.

Purchased in May 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$169.00.

Frustratingly annoying

We live 350km away from store... took it home... programmed it and only 1 water station worked properly. First station would sometimes allow manual override and other times it would not open the valve. Station 2 worked how the product should have but then station 3 and 4 did not open the valve at all. I am worried about getting a replacement and having to drive 700km round trip to be disappointed again.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$165.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Lisa, thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear this! Our trouble shooting is available on our website. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Lisa

Can you send me the direct link to the trouble shooting please? If it is the same blurb as is on your instructions, it didn't work:( Regards

BlackyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Timer failing multiple times

Not impressed, this is the third one I've replaced, being in the industry not happy about going back each time and changing the unit, I'm now looking at a different product,

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$105.00.

Blacky

Can you give me more information about pressure sensitivity,i am running the unit set on 500kpa ??

Holman I.Holman

Hello Terrence, for technical support, please call us on 1300 716 188.

BiBi43North-East, TAS

Extremely disappointing

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Holman I.Holman

hello BiBi43, thank you for your feedback, we are sorry to hear this was not the correct product for your watering needs, we will pass your comments along to Development. Thank you, your Holman Team!

brettsnz

brettsnzPerth, WA

Flawless so far

Has worked flawlessly for the last 18 months and will hopefully continue to do so for a while to come. I very rarely review anything but the one star this thing is averaging is not justified in my opinion. Fingers crossed I haven't cursed it by writing this review.

Purchased in November 2017 for A$150.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Brettsnz, thank you for your review!

Petstra Gardens

Petstra GardensGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unreliable & Expensive

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$95.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Petstra Gardens, thank you for your review!

Lasted 12 months

Disappointed to read these reviews as mine has now done the same.
The system has been resetting its time, so unless i check it the system wont come on when required. Middle of summer? Not ideal. Then when i use manual on, put a time in, it starts, i can not use manual off i just have to wait it out... but not the time i input, whatever time it feels like. Sometimes a half hour, sometimes ten minutes. I have tried new batteries even though it made no indication of being low. Still no joy. Sometimes no water comes through (at least once a week)... has anything been changed since the below reviews? Very unsure if i should replace it with the same if i will just get the same model.

Purchased in December 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$149.00.

Paul Barlow

Paul Barlowasked

Water Whiz 400

This is my second Holman Water Whiz 400 and I am having the same problem. This one has served well for nearly 2 years. I have three outlets connected. Of late the Holman is leaking once again from the neck of the unit. The flat top of the white neck has broken off from the body of the main neck. Can this part be replaced? Or do I now need to buy a new one again?
Paul

Adrian Riccioni

Adrian Riccioniasked

Water Whiz

My holmans whiz 200 is leaking between the hose fitting and the body of the unit
How can I sort it out
Adrian

Trebor
Trebor

Hi Adrian. Myriad possibilities and probably many you will have tried - but if it helps anyone? No knowledge of Water wiz 2, but looking at all my timers there would appear to common points. Let's start at the beginning. Disconnect any hoses and fittings attached to WWz. Turn off tap to unit and ensure unit is not set to supply water. Turn on tap. Is any water apparent. I have had a few issues with fitting to tap leaking, water dribbling down back and appearing at the bottom as a leak. If leaking from tap fitting, 'Nip' up tighness and check again. Check washer in connector and replace. Fixed?? OK no leak from connection. Is water still appearing at bottom - consider a hair-line fracture from either over -tightening connectors OR was unit exposed to frost. Get a new one and remove before your expected first frosts! No leaks, then check hose connectors on outlets. The rubber washers harden over time and either need a further 'nip' up from finger tightening, or replace the washers. Ensure hose is properly connected to hose connector and hose connector firmly 'snaps on ' to unit nipple connector.
Hope this has helped. Cheers.

Byron

Byronasked

Water Whiz 400

I Have a Waterwhiz 400 and the zone #1 will not close. I have tried the reset function, the manual running of zone #1 for 1 min etc, but it still will not close zone #1. When I run the manual function on zone #1 it almost instantly shows reset on a blank screen.
Your earliest attention will be appreciated.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Byron, for product support, please contact us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Get an answer from our members and Holman representatives