Holman Water Whiz

400, 200, 100

southerngirl62

southerngirl62Sydney, NSW

Don't buy this rubbish

2 timers in 3 years no support with a $5 fee for over the phone charge for support. I am an advocate for buying Australian but this product is total rubbish.
Look elsewhere for a better product.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$150.00.

Trav H.

Trav H.Western District, VIC

Can't trust it to actually work

Worked fine for one summer of watering, now only works about 20% of the time. Most times when it comes on (either manually or via schedule) the display indicates that it's on but no water flows. Started happening intermittently but now happens all the time. Have changed out batteries to no avail.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$150.00.

ozgeek

ozgeekAU

Shoddy product. Couldn't start when timed to go. Buttons don't work.

Purchased in June 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Conrad

ConradSouth East Queensland, QLD

Zero star rating

Bought first unit from Bunnings. Zone 4 solenoid not functional. Returned and swapped with a second unit. Zones 1 and 2 not working! Very frustrating. Wish I'd seen this website first. Looks like it is hard to find a decent 4 zone programmable tap timer that actually works.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$164.00.

AnthonyAustralian Capital Territory

Needs no star rating

Bought from Bunnings worked great for two weeks. Then solenoids failed in 2,3, and 4 so I could only use the first line. I wished I’d seen this website before I purchased this and saved my time and money.

Purchased in August 2020 for A$154.00.

Peter and Debra

Peter and DebraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waist of money

We have now got three of these things. They work on occasions most of the time they are useless attachments on the tap that waist more time fiddling with then it would take to hand water. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$180.00.

Bette M

Bette M

Not worth 1 star. Complete rubbish.

I have now had a gardener, a landscaper and a handyman all attempt to get this completely useless instrument working. When I add up my time invested and theirs, it demonstrates what a poor choice I made. Do not waste your money or time!

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$180.00.

Milo

MiloPerth, WA

Rubbish

Have had one for over a year so cant return now, but manual watering doesnt work and program watering doesnt always come on, bought another one 2 weeks ago for the front yard, the manual watering and programmed watering doesnt work so will be taking back asap, waste of money specially when it cost $160

Dave

Dave

Random failures and then complete failure

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$164.00.

jemcm

jemcmAU

Rubbish, like everyone else suggest.

Like all the other poor reviews, says it is watering in either auto or manual but no water comes out. We had it set while we were away and came back to carnage.

Avoid or at least keep your receipt, you'll be returning it within 3 months.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$165.00.

Peter

PeterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rubbish

The first unit worked irregularly, replaced it, second one started leaking, third now working irregularly. All of this within 2 months of purchasing, will be returning for a refund now.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$164.00.

DON’T EVER BUY

This product does not deserve 1 Star.

Like most people it says it’s watering but nothing happens. Bought it today and immediately failed, never worked, replaced 3 hours after the original purchase and the second unit worked once and then nothing.

This is beyond a joke considering it is not a cheap timer.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$164.00.

Mark

MarkCentral, SA

Useless

I bought this to water a property I own in the country that I do not live at . Like the other reviews , the valves to not switch on even though the screen shows water is on. This is both on manual and auto . So disappointed when you see your garden dying because this thing does not come on. I’m astounded that this is a known issue for a few years now and it is being still made and sold . What a waste for such an expensive timer

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$175.00.

Hopeless

HopelessGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely Hopeless

I have now returned this thing twice spend time and I'm still trying to get it going it shows its watering but nothing happens on both Manual and automatic, mode Any Suggestions!!!!

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$105.00.

Anthony

It indicates it watering but no water

This is garbage. Purchased both th 200 and 400 series. 200 has been swapped out once and now have the same problem with the 400. It doesnt water even though it indicates it is. Also zone 3 manual operation doesnt work on its own.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$160.00.

Mando1163

Mando1163Western District, VIC

Works once then requires reset

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$99.00.

Karen

KarenSouth West, WA

NO WATER!

Does NOT work! Did not come on the morning we were to go away and could not even get it to function on manual. Went online to check reviews and low and behold people with exactly the same problem. NOT RELIABLE!

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$100.00.

Mary

MaryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't waste your money

Had one of these which worked well for 2 weeks then a hit or miss situation, valves wouldn't open on 2 of the outlets. After re programming several times trying to get it to work returned it to Bunnings for a replacement, same situation one of the zones not functioning at all. This timer is not fit for the purpose intended, how could you possibly go away and rely on it working. Having now read other reviews Holman must be aware of this inherent fault and should be doing something to rectify the situation. A pile of rubbish!

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$169.00.

Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unusable

I bought this to water my garden for a week while I was away on holiday. I set it up correctly as per the instructions and it simply wouldn't work. One tap would work but the other wouldn't and pressing OK would sometimes reset the device and make me set the time all over again. It just seemed to work at random.

I ended up returning this after wasting a day of trying to get it working. Don't bother buying this junk.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$105.00.

steve.adams.102977

steve.adams.102977Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Failed after about one week of use

I purchased this item earlier in the year but only recently installed it. One of the cycles continually failed to activate after a week of use even though the image on the screen showed water exiting the tap . (And yes the water supply tap was turned on ) . The many negative online reviews along with my experience with this lamentable product meant I decided not to bother with seeking an identical replacement from my supplier ( Bunnings) as I have zero confidence in its ability to meet my expectations. I opted for a cash refund.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$99.00.

Paul Barlow

Paul Barlowasked

Water Whiz 400

This is my second Holman Water Whiz 400 and I am having the same problem. This one has served well for nearly 2 years. I have three outlets connected. Of late the Holman is leaking once again from the neck of the unit. The flat top of the white neck has broken off from the body of the main neck. Can this part be replaced? Or do I now need to buy a new one again?
Paul

Adrian Riccioni

Adrian Riccioniasked

Water Whiz

My holmans whiz 200 is leaking between the hose fitting and the body of the unit
How can I sort it out
Adrian

Trebor
Trebor

Hi Adrian. Myriad possibilities and probably many you will have tried - but if it helps anyone? No knowledge of Water wiz 2, but looking at all my timers there would appear to common points. Let's start at the beginning. Disconnect any hoses and fittings attached to WWz. Turn off tap to unit and ensure unit is not set to supply water. Turn on tap. Is any water apparent. I have had a few issues with fitting to tap leaking, water dribbling down back and appearing at the bottom as a leak. If leaking from tap fitting, 'Nip' up tighness and check again. Check washer in connector and replace. Fixed?? OK no leak from connection. Is water still appearing at bottom - consider a hair-line fracture from either over -tightening connectors OR was unit exposed to frost. Get a new one and remove before your expected first frosts! No leaks, then check hose connectors on outlets. The rubber washers harden over time and either need a further 'nip' up from finger tightening, or replace the washers. Ensure hose is properly connected to hose connector and hose connector firmly 'snaps on ' to unit nipple connector.
Hope this has helped. Cheers.

Byron

Byronasked

Water Whiz 400

I Have a Waterwhiz 400 and the zone #1 will not close. I have tried the reset function, the manual running of zone #1 for 1 min etc, but it still will not close zone #1. When I run the manual function on zone #1 it almost instantly shows reset on a blank screen.
Your earliest attention will be appreciated.

Holman
Holman I.Holman

Hello Byron, for product support, please contact us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Get an answer from our members and Holman representatives