Holman Water Whiz

Holman Water Whiz

400, 200, 100

Ken L.

Ken L.Perth, WA

Good initially but disappointed few months later

Was working well until recently starts to have leaks, disconnected the hose and discovered probably the valve not shutting properly causing the leak and inconveniences have to keep drying the water puddles. Disappointed.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$105.00.

john.38

john.38Northeast, VIC

Latest units unreliable

Had a unit for 12 months and was really happy until every time I tried a manual water the unit would lose the time and day. Continued doing this after battery change.
Fortunately the unit had a 2 year warranty and I returned it to Bunnings. I have have since exchanged 3 units over the last month all with the same issue of being very unreliable. After ringing Holman Tech support, I was advised that I must have a pressure issue.
This seems very unlikely as it is usually 1 out of the 2 zones that doesnt work . And this is random.
It appears there have been many people with the same issues. I just hope Holman do take note and fix this common problem .

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$105.00.

Neil

NeilSydney, NSW

Not rubbish....but close

I had a Pope 3 way timer for ten years but the programming button wore out so I went shopping at Bunnings. I found the Holman 4 way and decided the extra outlet could be useful so I bought one. To be fair I've been using it for 18 months without a problem until the feeder pipe started leaking inside the unit and now sprays water all over the electrical equipment inside. As a result its heading for the bin. I've just been to Bunnings to buy a 3 way Pope. So I'm not going to tell you how to spend your money but I had a $99 Pope timer for 10 YEARS and a $169 Holman for 18 MONTHS. If you do the maths.......... Good luck with whatever you choose to buy.

Purchased in May 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$169.00.

Garden Tools

Find out how Holman Water Whiz compares to other Garden Tools

BlackyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Timer failing multiple times

Not impressed, this is the third one I've replaced, being in the industry not happy about going back each time and changing the unit, I'm now looking at a different product,

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$105.00.

Blacky

Can you give me more information about pressure sensitivity,i am running the unit set on 500kpa ??

Holman I.Holman

Hello Terrence, for technical support, please call us on 1300 716 188.

Paul Barlow

Paul Barlowasked

Water Whiz 400

This is my second Holman Water Whiz 400 and I am having the same problem. This one has served well for nearly 2 years. I have three outlets connected. Of late the Holman is leaking once again from the neck of the unit. The flat top of the white neck has broken off from the body of the main neck. Can this part be replaced? Or do I now need to buy a new one again?
Paul

Adrian Riccioni

Adrian Riccioniasked

Water Whiz

My holmans whiz 200 is leaking between the hose fitting and the body of the unit
How can I sort it out
Adrian

Trebor
Trebor

Hi Adrian. Myriad possibilities and probably many you will have tried - but if it helps anyone? No knowledge of Water wiz 2, but looking at all my timers there would appear to common points. Let's start at the beginning. Disconnect any hoses and fittings attached to WWz. Turn off tap to unit and ensure unit is not set to supply water. Turn on tap. Is any water apparent. I have had a few issues with fitting to tap leaking, water dribbling down back and appearing at the bottom as a leak. If leaking from tap fitting, 'Nip' up tighness and check again. Check washer in connector and replace. Fixed?? OK no leak from connection. Is water still appearing at bottom - consider a hair-line fracture from either over -tightening connectors OR was unit exposed to frost. Get a new one and remove before your expected first frosts! No leaks, then check hose connectors on outlets. The rubber washers harden over time and either need a further 'nip' up from finger tightening, or replace the washers. Ensure hose is properly connected to hose connector and hose connector firmly 'snaps on ' to unit nipple connector.
Hope this has helped. Cheers.

Byron

Byronasked

Water Whiz 400

I Have a Waterwhiz 400 and the zone #1 will not close. I have tried the reset function, the manual running of zone #1 for 1 min etc, but it still will not close zone #1. When I run the manual function on zone #1 it almost instantly shows reset on a blank screen.
Your earliest attention will be appreciated.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Byron, for product support, please contact us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Get an answer from our members and Holman representatives