Homebuyers Centre Victoria Questions & Answers

Verifiedvic.homebuyers.com.au
Caitlyn L.
Caitlyn L.

So I wanna know how much is the deposit on a 4-5 bedroom home in and around areas surrounding Cranbourne Narre Warren and Berwick.

Homebuyers Centre Victoria   DM

Hi Caitlyn, Sorry for the delayed response!

If you send me through your contact information I can pass you on to one of our New Homes Consultants who will be able to assist you with your query.

Thanks,
Chelsea
Homebuyers Centre VIC

David
David

how long will it take to start building once the land has titled

Pebz B.
Pebz B.

I waited almost 7 months before being transferred to Construction. We're the last to build in our estate and stage.

Nebha
Nebha

Has anyone build indigo 25 with home buyers center?
What was cost of base build?

FreeSpirit
FreeSpirit

Hi there, we are looking to build with HBC, off the plan townhouse project in Donnybrook. Anyone here had experience with Resolve finance and long term contract? We are due to pay the 5% deposit soon but completion of project is not for several months. We have not yet seen the contract. I have asked about including a 'subject to finance' clause for peace of mind but have yet to hear back...

Caz1310

We're intending to build with HBC and would appreciate any feedack/insight from people who have built with them in Officer. Driving around recently looking at homes in progress we can see a few dodgy roofs (tiles not straight) and are now a bit worried about the quality of the tradespeople.

Helen and Murray
Helen and Murray

Hi Caz we are currently building withHBC in the Olivine Estate, Donnybrook. There are another 5 houses, in our short street, using HBC. As they are a few steps in front I've been taking note of the workmanship - very good. I'm not a person who gives 10/10 for anything so an 8/10 is high for me. That's where HBC are in my view. Our journey to date has been wonderful. I've also spoken to 3 people on our estate who have moved into their HBC home, they are very happy. Hope this helps, it's such a big step. Remember to always ask questions, think about what you want in your home including more insulation (budget permitting) and double glazed windows. Benefits are worth it in years to come. Take care Helen

Caz1310

Thank you Kunal. Our house in Officer was finished 3months ago and we had a similar experience to you. Our independent inspector found a lot of deficiencies including unsealed/non-waterproofed shower, roof tiles and guttering on corners not sealed/joined properly, insulation not put in in all parts of the roof, painting had to be redone..inspect the guttering next time it rains and film it if it's leaking, as evidence. Definitely don't pay the final payment until all contracted works are complete to your satisfaction. I feel your pain, hope all the issues get fixed...best wishes.

Bernadette
Bernadette

How much does it cost for a site supervisor to oversee the build to completion?

Joanne M.

I have posted a review but still waiting to receive the gift voucher.

adrian
adrian

I’ve they messaged you asking for an email address and job number?

Joanne M.

I already emailed with job number and email.

Joanne M.

Hi there. I have submitted a review a few weeks ago and sent my email address but have still not received my voucher. Who do you contact?

Melinda G
Melinda G

Same here and I haven’t received mine either

Homebuyers Centre Victoria   DM

Hi Melinda, Thank you for letting us know. I have sent you an email to confirm your details.

-Candace, Homebuyers Centre Team

Joanne M.

Have sent a review and email details but no voucher has arrived.

Homebuyers Centre Victoria   DM

Hi Joanne, Thank you for letting us know. I have emailed you to investigate this further.

-Candace, Homebuyers Centre Team

Pete Repeet
Pete Repeet

Hi I had a preview meeting yesterday which was positive and was sent an information pack. Standard inclusions only mention gas ducted heating but no cooling? Is cooling considered an upgrade?

Joanne M.

Yes. If you want cooling it is an added extra.

Jeremy A.
Jeremy A.

My family and I had built a house with Homebuyers, 5 years ago and with all aspects of the build (post construction), all aspects have been resolved in the past.
This is an exception, when it comes to the grout issue which is currently ongoing in our en suite bathroom.
I have attempted to deal with the warranties department who have repeatedly advised that, because the grout is outside the two year warranty period, that there will be no assistance for this issue.

We have had the assistant manager come out to our property and assess our property who laughed at the situation when he was out here (quite unprofessional), and thought that 2.5mm of grout is adequate for a bathroom. Is this the acceptable standard for grout/tiling installation?

In addition to this, I have had 3 different grout repair businesses come to my property to quote to fix this issue, and they have advised that the installation was of poor quality, and still when I have bought this to the attention of Homebuyers, the response as been "it is outside the two year warranty period," and have not addressed what the correct guidelines are for grout installation. Not only is there grout falling out of our shower, there are currently two visible tile joins within the grout. How is that considered "wear and tear?"

Can someone please address my concerns and respond back to me? I have been extremely disappointed with the customer service response so far. Although technically this may fall outside of our warranty, surely grout shouldn't be falling out of a shower in under 5 years.

Thank you.

Homebuyers Centre Victoria   DM

Hi Jeremy, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We would like to learn more and have organised for a member of our team will contact you regarding this matter.

-Homebuyers Centre Victoria

Sarav
Sarav

Hello All,
I'm currently building my new home with Homebuyers center in MICKLEHAM North Victoria. The site start begins this week, I would like to know "is the private inspection is must during the build stage?". If yes what are the stages I should go for the inspection. Is there any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

NZ E.
NZ E.

Hi looking to build with hbc in north of Melbourne, any reviews much appreciated and points to lead before signing the contract

Sidharth D.

Hello guys I’m all new over the house as don’t know nothing..I went to home buyer as I’m limited with budget can any help me with Jasper 17 and what about the quality of plaster as well ..Please guys let me know ..Thanks

Rashmi
Rashmi

Hi Sidharth
Proceed with caution. I have post build warranties issues. Make sure you have email and contact numbers of all the senior team .

Sidharth D.

Thanks a lot Rashmi can you please tell me have you build anything from Home Buyer centre..Please let me know thanks

Mel
Mel

Hey all! I'm looking at building a house probably late next year, has anybody built the Harrison 25? Any advice or reviews on the layout? If anybody minds, how big was the amount for this house? I saw the Display Home in Lyndhurst and fell in love!

Lopamudra D.

How long does it take for HBC to come back with the HIA contract signing and colour appointment after signing the preliminary contact?

linda
linda

You get the HIA contract on the day of your colour appointment

Mandar S
Mandar S

I believe it may vary from case to case. For me, HBC took around a month to setup the pre construction meeting (color appointment)

They shared the HIA contract few days earlier so that I can read and fully understand it.

On the day of color appointment I had to:
# Complete the checklist within the contract
# Sign HIA Contract, Letter of Appointment, Domestic Building Specification and Plans
# Finalise electrical plan and review the location/s of existing items and consider any possible additional points
# Select the colours for new home

Hope this helps

Lopamudra D.

If i assume land is titled in January/February then how long would it take for a single storey 25 sq home to be ready to move in?

Angelee
Angelee

About 22 to 25 weeks

Tinar
Tinar

I there actually I have got a $100 Kmart voucher in June 2019 but I could not find it. do you know how to find it?

Shari M.
Shari M.

Has anyone installed the refrigerated ducted cooling through homebuyers? Just wondering if it's any good, especially in a double?

Ann
Ann

Hi, just wondering where I can find the list of HBC supplies? I believe one day in the show room is not enough for me. . How can I fix this problem

Get an answer from our members and Homebuyers Centre Victoria representatives

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Homebuyers Centre Victoria is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2023, 2022.