HoMedics AR29

HoMedics AR29

MPN: AT29AU

3.2

• Pet OwnerYes (0) · No (1)
  • Smokers Yes (0) · No (1)
  • Air Quality Improvement
  • Odour Improvement
Joel

JoelSydney Surrounds, NSW

This is a P.O.S!

Purchased in February 2014 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $249.00.

Ausclimate Winix ZERO+ PRO 5-Stage AUS-1250AZPU

Looking for Air Purifiers?

Read the reviews for Ausclimate Winix ZERO+ PRO 5-Stage AUS-1250AZPU

Ad
Glen

GlenPerth, WA

Cheaply made

I purchased this on a catchoftheday deal at a around $170. It arrived in good condition. Within 24 hours the agitator motor that swivels the unit started making a annoying noise as it turns the unit from the base and the UV light stopped. I emailed customer support 4 days ago. Not a peep from them and why would they? It's landfill and they know it. Don't waste your money.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Nick S

Nick SSydney, NSW

Clean air

The AR29 is great for removing dust and pollen from the air. My wife suffers from dust allergy and the unit has really helped. I have hay fever for a few months a year and it helps with this too. The filters lasted for over a year before it needed to be replaced with moderate use. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Air Purifiers

Find out how HoMedics AR29 compares to other Air Purifiers

Jean

Jean

Great investment and combined with a Dyson has really helped my allergies

I am highly allergic to dust, grass and pollen and bought the AR29 from Harvey Norman 12 months ago based on the positive reviews online from fellow allergy suffers.

I use this at night and it improves my quality of sleep. When I forget to use it, I don't sleep as well and wake up congested and with a blocked nose.

The noise can be annoying for light sleepers like me and I fold a small towel on top to block out the dreaded blue light but it's worth it for a better night's sleep.

This combined with a thorough vacuum with a Dyson (I use the blue allergy Dyson D29) make allergies and hay fever season more bearable for me.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Welshy

WelshyBrisbane

Clean fresh air. But filter indicator is misleading.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Is not trustworthy product

I contacted manufacturers to find out what is the air flow on diferent settings as this product has got 3 settings and answer was they do not know. This product was probably never tested properly. Big mistake that I bought it. Filtration of air that's what it goes but how much nobody knows.

Ausclimate Winix ZERO+ PRO 5-Stage AUS-1250AZPU

Looking for Air Purifiers?

Read the reviews for Ausclimate Winix ZERO+ PRO 5-Stage AUS-1250AZPU

Ad

EduardoSydney

Good Enough For Its Price

Major improvement in musty apartment!

Blackcat23

Blackcat23AU

Really good air purifier and decent price.

Air Purifiers

jovialjames

waste money

Ros
Ros

Dehumidifier is your solution , I know it's expensive but workers really well.

Lissyjane

Lissyjaneasked

Our house is musty, mouldy and smelly. Do we start by running it in a closed room to kill what is inside or with full window and door open. Silly question, I know, but my thinking is opening windows may cause it to be overloaded with too much air which means it wont get to the stale air. Then do you run it away from the door so it filters the stale air or as close to the window as possible to filter the air before it comes in. Again, my thinking is it may cause overload if it is dealing with high air volume near door and clean only the new air never reaching that far corner that is killing our breathing. Do you run it all day or for how long?????
They only recommend distances from door but provide no other assistance in the manual. So far, its done nothing so before we become very angry we would like some suggestions.

dreamweaver01
dreamweaver01

I have since moved out of the mouldy apartment, though when I was using it… The apartment was too mouldy to shut the windows so all windows were left open pretty much 24/7 (except in really cold parts of winter where there was no choice to close overnight). Whether windows opened or closed, we left the purifier on all the time during day/night, on highest setting or mid setting. Never paid attention to distance from doors etc, we had it, from memory, 1/2 metre from a wall, located in middle of apartment (to try and clean all air in apartment). Wasn’t close to any of the windows.

The Hepa filters needed replacing every 2-3 months as they would turn from white to dark green-grey, and you could start to smell the mould slightly from the purifier. I would also vaccum the pre-filter fortnightly (gathers layer of dust on the inside) and eventually purchased new material and cut out to size a new pre-filter as the original one tore and fell apart.

We would leave it running day/night 24/7 for the entire month sometimes, without switching off, never overloaded once. Would turn off completely when no-one was home to give it a rest… Hope that helps!

Eduardo

@Lissyjane, in my humble opinion the unit can only cover so much area. You may at first put the unit near a corner of your place where you think the smell and moist are more concentrated. In my case, I placed it inside my bedroom and let it run at 30 minutes (with UV switched-on) before going to bed. Aside from this, you may optionally spray the filter with anti-bacterial solution (you can get this from chemist) to assist fast killing of the airborne bacteria. Then you'd leave the unit running while you are in the room. Don't forget to clean the filter once in a while. You may want to open your doors or windows during the morning to allow the old air to come out and new air to come in. Don't trap the used air inside your home, particularly from your bedroom.

Most importantly, I'd like to make clear that molds are a product of several elements, such as
[1] the carbon dioxide that people exhale; warm and moist air goes up and sticks on the ceiling - this helps feed the mold
[2] poorly lit areas - particularly if your bedroom is not seeing the sunlight; this allows moist to stay longer and a perfect feeding ground for molds
[3] carpets and rugs - so much dust can stack up on carpets or rugs and moist can settle on these carpets and rugs; again perfect feeding ground for molds
[4] poorly ventilated kitchen or bath room - moist can come from boiling dish, hot shower, and flowing into parts of your home and settling on the bed or carpets

Keep in mind that molds are living creatures; it can make you sick so it is dangerous and sometimes fatal. Therefore, no matter what unit you buy for your home, you'll never get rid of them (molds + moist + smell) unless you get rid of the root causes and elements that assist in breeding these molds.

Hope this helps.