HoMedics myBaby SoundSpa Portable MYB-S200

HoMedics myBaby SoundSpa Portable MYB-S200

2.3

Terrible Quality

We bought this for my daughter to help her sleep through the night and when it works, it's great. However after less than a month of use it no longer works, no sound whatsoever. In the days before the sound went, the volume/on knob would only work sporadically. Just terrible quality.

Liana S.

Liana S.

Piece of plastic rubbish

I purchased the sound spa as my phone volume wasn’t loud enough and my phone would over heat. I use the white noise on almost full volume. After about 2 weeks of this the sound just simply stopped functioning. Baby bunting replaced it. After 3 days the same thing happened. I have just opened my second replacement and what did I find? Within 1 hour of it being on. No sound. What a piece of garbage.

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Bunting for A$39.95.

Shanz

ShanzSydney, NSW

Faulty after only few months

It would be a great machine with good white noise if it didn't stop working after only few months of use! I think it is just cheaply made as seems to be an issue with the knob and others have had the same problem. It worked great at first and so bub got used to it. However now the sound cuts out, sometimes after only a few mins of use. This has been a disaster and has happened numerous times while bub was just drifting off, or I had just got her to sleep and it turns off and it wakes her up when the sound stops. So I am going to try a different brand instead!

Purchased in December 2018 for A$30.00.

Night Lights

Find out how HoMedics myBaby SoundSpa Portable MYB-S200 compares to other Night Lights

cm82

cm82AU

Lseriously malfunctioning after only a month

Edit after owning for a month or two - it cuts out randomly and you have to jiggle the knob to get it to restart. Seems to be a common problem :(

Easy to use, more than loud enough, (we have it at halfway and that's about 52DB - which is the maximum babies are supposed to listen to continuously without damaging their hearing) my only criticism is that maybe melodic sounds or ocean sounds would be better than storm etc. we just use white noise in both kids rooms on continuous play.

Tiffany B

Tiffany BMelbourne

Terrible

Purchased this product and literally within 3 months it stopped working!! It's never been dropped, knocked or anything... Just one day it stopped working! Every now and then it will play but it always just stops or won't turn on. Doesn't matter if it's plugged in to the wall or on batteries. Very disappointing!!

Perfect

I need something simple and not fancy - main point is to block out guests noise as we have lots of visitors.

Its fatastic. I even took it overseas as it can work on batteries too.
I have ben using it for 3 years alomost with 2 kids- the knob now has somewhat lost its tightness but it was fantstic

Loud, simple, (only 2 noises i think are suitable), light weaight, eaasy to carry in bags, cheap

OGmum

OGmumPerth

Pretty good- good for basic white noise

We are using one of these for white noise in bubs room - it does the job but nothing spectacular. It has a few different sound functions but a couple aren't really that suitable for bub - such as a thunderstorm!!
It's affordable and I like that it can be plugged in so it's not chewing through batteries, we don't use the timer function but this seems like a good idea with 3 settings for when you want it to turn off.
A good point is it does go very loud!! So if you need it to block out background noise, such as traffic or other children it's great for that.
If you're after a basic white noise machine - it's worth the purchase :)
Can be plugged in - save on batteries!
Not a lot of sound options, music or gentle noise would be nice