Homelite 26cc Petrol Blower

Homelite 26cc Petrol Blower Questions & Answers

13 questions from our users

John C

John Casked

Homelite blower model HBL26BVNC will not rev out. There is no high speed adjustment on this model. Any suggestions

frank.buraas

frank.buraasasked

I'm looking for the gasket between the carburetor and the combustion chamber on a homelite hbl26bvb. where can I get such?

From Caboolture Sthil

Barbara T.

Barbara T.asked

i need a vac tube

craigdalejohn

Always after run them until carby is out of fuel and you won't have any trouble.

Paul Hasked

My homelite 26cc working & now not working. I have fresh 2 stroke fuel & oil mix and new spark plug. Any ideas?

Stable

If you left the old fuel mix in it then the carby could be blocked up. You need to EMPTY THE TANK and run the carb dry after use. You could try emptying the tank , putting a cup of metho in the tank, pumping it thru with the bulb , draining and then putting your fresh fuel back in.

Stable

And use fuel stabiliser. Always. After I finish blowing or snippering, I drain my 2 stroke fuel back into my container from the tank, pump the primer and tip that out too, and start the blower/snipper until it stops. The carby is now free of fuel and oil, and varnish won't form due to stabiliser. If you read the reviews you will see some from pros who use the machine continuously and have ZERO issues.

Thanks mate

Keys Ram

Keys Ramasked

Not starting what is the problem?

John
John

It just won’t prime at all. I’ve followed every step of starting up a new blower but nothing would happen. I’ve gone over it many times checking if I missed anything and I’m 100% that I haven’t. Anyways I’ve returned it back to Bunnings where I bought it and got myself a Yardking Blower vac and thankfully my new Yardking blower vac started straight away

Stable

The problem is not runnning the tank/carby dry prior to storage and also NOT using fuel stabiliser. Bunnings now sell 2 stroke oil with stabiliser added already.

1 minute ago

OD1

OD1asked

Only started in choke. Stopped when no choke. Don't start in run. Please help?

Im a Goose

It spunds like starving for fuel. Pull out the fuel line in fuel tank. The pick up filter needs replacement. I have use a small fish tank blue aerator stone. You may have to pull apart the carby and check the fuel screen too. It may be full of the same sludge.
Good Luck.
Danny

psychosydasked

I just bought a used blower and fuel is leaking out around the base,is it coming from the pipes or where else should I look.

SteveB

Check the sealing of the cap, a cracked fuel tank or a leaking hose. If the blower is old I would replace the hoses as they can shrink over time.

psychosyd

I found that the fuel cap gasket inside the cap practically non existent, so have ordered a new one.Here in Canada parts for this model are practically all non existent and a lot of sites in US will not ship go Canada.

Im a Goose

Fuel line or hole in diaphram in the carby. You can buy a carby kit cheap online with Banggood.com. p/n996936 $3.93 with free shipping. It will be 3/4 wks. Or you can pay the mower shop 6x the price and get half a kit.
My son picked up a blower from house rubbish and we fixed it.
Good luck.
Danny

Stewart M

Stewart Masked

my homelite mighty won't start, it has a new plug and has spark new petrol, any help?

Selleyon
Selleyon

Simple solution. Throw the thing away and spend your money on a name brand device. Don't waste time or effort on the Homlite. Mind would not start so one afternoon it went in the bin.

SteveB

Check the condition of the Air Cleaner, clean if necessary. Make sure that the fuel in the hoses aren't sucking air, when pummping the fuel pump make sure there isn't too much air bubbles,,which would indicate that there is air being sucked into the system.

Im a Goose

Hi Stewart, my 11yr old picked up a Homelite 26cc outside a house for council rubbish pickup.
In short it had a hole in the carby diaphram and hole in carby filter screen which I bought online from Banggood.com months earlier for $3.93 (p/n: 996936- carby rebuild kit for Zama suits RB29 Ryobi, Ryan IDC & Homelite Blower) for another tool my son dragged home. Also the fuel line and strainer were full of sludge. I fitted a fish tank aerator stone on the end of the fuel pick up line. It started and runs great. Perhaps start with checking what you need. Oh and soak the carby in clean fuel over night or buy a can of carby cleaner to flush all galleries of carby body.
Good luck.

Silva

Silvaasked

what spark plug does it use?

80 series 4x4
80 series 4x4

Its still the original plug from new.

Benji6

Benji6asked

Hi guys. I have a unit I use for my lawn mowing business, however I only use it for blowing and not vaccing. Over the weekend a blade on the interior fan broke off and while it still runs and blows fine, the unit is vibrating quite a bit and the noise it makes is not encouraging. Like it's trying to compensate for the lost blade.? Would you recommend trying to get another through warranty or is it a quick fix? Any help would be appreciated

kingfisher49

Mate, the vibration is most likely from the fan not being balanced as it spins. If the unit is still in warranty, get it fixed by them. If it is out of warranty you could try sourcing a replacement part and doing the repair yourself, however, if you have been using it for a while then maybe just buy another one.

james.v
james.v

Make sure you tell them you only use it around home if they find out you used it for work they won't warrant your blower

bender
bender

This question made me look for a parts supplier because I have one of these blowers.
Homelite is a popular brand in the USA and the store below sells parts and ships worldwide. So, I put the fan in the cart as an example and the cheapest option was US$21 delivered to Perth, W.A.

robclifford105

robclifford105asked

How much is it to buy?

kingfisher49

I paid $88 from Bunnings.

I just got one for $50.

kevin

kevinasked

Is this a 2 stroke machine?

Ian Simpson
Ian Simpson

Yes it is

kingfisher49

Yes Kevin it is a 2 stroke. 50:1 mix. I continue to be impressed with the unit. and I run it a lot.

kevin

kevinasked

Do you use petrol and oil for this?

Yes Kevin. I run it on unleaded and 2 stroke oil, 50 to 1 mix

And fuel stabiliser.

Get an answer from our members and Homelite representatives