Kmart Anko 20L Microwave

Kmart Anko 20L Microwave

MPN: P70B20AP-ST
See the Best Microwaves in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Kmart

Pros

5 auto cooking menus
Affordable price

Cons

Can be slow to heat food

Victor
VictorWestern Australia

Doesn’t work

I just purchased it, The microwave doesn’t work, the light is permanently on inside. I have no idea what’s wrong. It’s also unbalanced, my bench top is level, and can’t adjust it. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thais Manfrim
Thais ManfrimSydney, NSW

Lasted 18 months only

I understand I paid cheap, and hence would be basic, take a lot longer to warm up, etc.
But it made me upset that it broke after 21 months. I saw other similar post about it(lasted 18 months). Seems to me it was just made to least a little longer than the warranty.
Environment wise, I am not buying it again.

Darryl-B
Darryl-BSydney

Happy as (so far)

Purchased this Microwave late Dec21.
It is used at least once a day and so far I am pleased with the performance of the Microwave.
My previous Microwave was 900watts. At 700watts the Anko performance is very similar.
It is compact, takes up little bench space with easy to set controls.

I may post an update in 6 months if I am still pleased or if I have a different opinion.

KmartKmartSend a private message

So glad to hear that you're loving your microwave, Darryl-B!

Russell
RussellGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Did not last long

Used less than a dozen times and stopped working after 18 months. It was in a holiday house so it saw little use. Waste of money. Buy a known brand.

Purchased in at Kmart Retail Stores for $49.

My Thoughts.
My Thoughts.

It is not Marvellous

I got the microwave in May this year…I only use it to reheat…the defrost by weight would be great if it actually worked….defrosting takes forever,I don’t trust when that happens so I now prefer to defrost naturally.
It reheats a plate of food all right…but not a cup of soup,go figure.
It was a gift…If I had paid for it I would not say it was good value for money.I am not expecting it to outlive me.

tritone
tritoneAU

Great value lasted 10 years!

Bought a previous model 20L Kmart microwave 10 years ago and it only just carked it today. Guess I was lucky.
We had an expensive brand name prior to this one which lasted only 2 years so decided to get the 20L Kmart microwave which I paid $50 for at the time. With 12 months warranty you can't go wrong.
Used it a lot but only for re-heating and defrosting.
Now going to buy the 25L version.

Purchased at Kmart Retail Stores for $50.

Gavin C
Gavin CHunter Region, NSW

1 years use

Buttons stop working after a year and a bit there is too many reviews saying the same thing
That's why the price is $50 low quality probably made in china at a guess
Start and clock button don't work
That's why you only get a years warranty it stops working about 13 months

Purchased in at Kmart Retail Stores for $50.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
Unhappy customer
Unhappy customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

stopped working after a year.

Worked well for a year, then start button stopped working, all the others working fine. Will not buy same brand again, at least I got a year out of it.

Bonnie M
Bonnie M

Great for the price!

I bought this microwave almost 4 years ago and it's still going strong. I use it just to heat up foods and though it takes longer than more expensive/bigger models, it does the job.

alphacinator
alphacinatorGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good value for money

The 30 sec/ start button is used most often for warming up my large clay mug of coffee because I always watch TV while having a cup of coffee and sometimes it gets less warm after a few minutes. I think our old microwave oven broke down because Mum must have used a wet sponge and accidentally wiped the holed grill area where water must have got into the wired circuitry and caused a mini-lightning storm explosion to this cheap microwave oven also bought from Kmart some years ago. The touch digital buttons are quite nice and does require reading glasses if your sight does not pick up the wording on the display.

JAK
JAKSouth East Queensland, QLD

good enough for our use

bought this microwave for $48 (K-Mart) for the purpose to heat up 'heat bags' and fit into a tight space. Works well for us, no faults, small turn table, so be mindful of the size fo the container you want to use to heat with.

Andie
AndieSydney, NSW

Bought 3 days ago and no problems so far.

Heating capacity stronger than user manual, so that was nice to discover and once realised meant that the cooking time for each product was less than recommended in the user manual.
The only recommendation at this stage of my purchase, is that the keypad is sooooo small, that I need a magnifying glass to be able to use. Not an issue if you have one to hand, or your vision is of superperson calibre.

Amara T.
Amara T.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Works Well but....

This microwave works well for the price. But I am confused about the rotating plate. On the inside of the machine is a groove into which you place the roller ring. In the middle of the roller ring is the shaft. Nothing goes into the shaft that I can see. You then place the glass plate over the roller ring. It spins around but is very wobbly and does not rotate when cooking. One would think it should if they bothered to put roller rings into it. Any feedback is welcome!

Purchased in for $48.

Peter
PeterSydney, NSW

Works as expected at the price.

I am not a heavy microwave user . At the price, you can't ask for more.
Bought at kmart store 2 months back, works as expected.
pros-
price
does not disappoint
cons-
none

Purchased in at Kmart Retail Stores for $28.

Kim.p
Kim.pSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works perfectly

Reliable microwave at an affordable price great for our first home. Not bulky suits kitchen white in colour. Easy to use and suitable size for all kitchen spaces and counter tops.

Neet
Neetasked

Can I replace my Anko microwave hot plate. I have chipped it.

geoff
geoffasked

HI I have the model No P9ON28AP-S3 MODEL cant find download for this model and how many litre is this model i think it is 28 ltr

KmartKmartSend a private message

Hi Geoff, thanks for reaching out! You can view the full manual for the 28L model you have here: https://www.kmart.com.au/wcsstore/Kmart/pdfs/42681250_Manual.pdf

DEIRDRE H.
DEIRDRE H.asked

how do you set the time

See all Kmart Anko 20L Microwave questions

Get an answer from our members and Kmart representatives

Features

• This Kmart microwave is designed with 10 power levels, allowing you to choose the amount of heat you’d like to apply to your food or drinks.
  • 5 automatic cooking menus let you make foods at the press of a button, including: Potato, Popcorn, Pizza, Beverage, and Frozen Vegetables. There is also a general Reheat button.
  • If you’d like to make a food not listed on the auto cooking menu, you can cook food by weight.
  • There are 2 defrosting options: speed defrost and defrost by weight.
  • A child safety lock helps give some peace of mind if you have kids in the house.
  • If the 20-litre cooking capacity is a bit too small for you, Kmart also has microwaves in larger sizes, including 25L, 28L, 30L, and 34L options.

Here’s what reviewers thought:

Reviewers who shared positive reports about this microwave reported that it worked well enough for its purpose, while being good value for money. They also found it easy to use and clean. A number of these reviewers said that they don’t use their microwave especially frequently. It also appeared to be the right choice for a household of 1-2 people - but any more than this, and the microwave became a bit crowded.

The buttons can stop working after some time, which is commonly reported as being at the one-year mark. Some reviewers also noticed that the microwave took a long time to heat up food, which can be frustrating and inconvenient. These reviewers stated they regretted not spending a bit more on a higher quality microwave.

CategoryMicrowaves