VerifiedMPN:P70B20AP-ST

3.8
3.4
5 auto cooking menus
Affordable price
Can be slow to heat food

Antoinette
AntoinettePerth, WA18 posts

An extremely badly made product. Stay away at all costs

A terrible product. Only lasted me just over 4 years before it decided to give up the ghost. After only a couple of months it had rusted out in one corner on the bottom left side of the door with rusted bits breaking off. You could pick the rust off and it formed a hole where the rust had eaten through. It kept turning off constantly. Very badly made and not worth the money. Stay well clear of this rubbish product. Not even worth one star. Show details
Rod L.
Rod L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC6 posts

Good value

Our old cheap microwave stopped working. I was never a fan of it so good to try another. This Anko Kmart one is quite an improvement, though in same price range. Stylish. Door opens and closes more quietly, smoothly. The other one was really clunky, noisy. Going well so far, defrosting well and slightly quieter and bigger. Show details ·  1
Ronnix1960
Ronnix1960Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC68 posts

Anko microwave

My old microwave went rusty, so l purchased a new one at Kmart, it has been great, no problem at all Show details
fittanate
fittanate

Glass Turntable Exploded

Had it for about 6 months. Kept the vents clear and did everything right. It did a decent job (hence more than one star despite what I’m about to say). We were popping popcorn, took it out and as we were closing the door after retrieving it heard a loud “crack/bang”

The plate had cracked into about 6 large pieces and lots of little shards.

When I took it back customer service seemed nonchalant and indicated it wasn’t the first time.

When I questioned him on that he stuttered and tried to cover up his knowledge of that.

Be weary of this product. Show details

Shazza
Shazza6 posts

Internal microwave light stopped working. 6 months old

The product is noisy. The internal light stopped working after 6 months so one cannot view how the food is cooking. I wonder if I may return the item for a refund or store credit. I do not have the receipt but with the serial number on the product, Kmart can easily verify date of purchase. I hope Kmart Eastgardens can accept a return as it is within the 12 months warranty. Please confirm. I know going to the store without authorisation and the receipt will be problematic. Show details
Lyndall Hanson
Lyndall HansonPalmerston, NT6 posts

Not the best

Firstly, this microwave is black on the door so you can't see what's happening inside. You have to stop it and open it to see. It has also started overheating even though the vents are all clear and free from obstruction. Annoying when you are in the middle of cooking because you have to wait for it to get power again. Cooks food unevenly as well. Show details
lyndaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC11 posts

29L microwave

Purchased last year , value for money without a doubt! Is large inside, fits a 6L Dutch oven, simple to operate, has a kitchen timer,- I find so handy. Use at least twice a day. Show details ·  1
chilipop
chilipopAU8 posts

Carol
CarolCentral West, NSW5 posts

How to start Kmart 20 litre microwave

I have just purchased the KMart 20 litre microwave oven. What do I press to start it for say a minute? It is quite different from my previous easy to use Sharp microwave. Show details
Kmart   DM

Thanks for reaching out, Carol. You can find more info about operating your microwave here: external link

Gilly44Peel, WA66 posts

Better than Expected

I was in two minds about getting this inexpensive Microwave. I had had my Sharp Carousel for 17 years.
I decided to take a chance, after reading negative reviews on microwaves 3 times the price.
I brought it home, unpacked it. So simple to set up. Easy to use. Defrosted my mince by weight and it did it tp perfection, no areas of over defrosting, still pink all over.
Cooking a big bowl of vegetables by guesswork on how long I underestimated so pushed the 30dec# twice more. That worked well.
Baked jacket potatoes turned out well cooked and even.
Leaving a little condensation which was wiped out.
So yes it cooks evenly and preserves the colour of the food.
Best $52 I've spent in a long time.
More than adequate size for 2-3 people. Show details ·  1
Kara R.
Kara R.2 posts

Not sure

Hi, I recently bought a ANKO microwave oven model #P11034AL-B6
I have noticed the plate doesn't rotate, Is it meant to do that?. I have taken the plate out and put it back in, still doesn't.
Harlo
HarloSouthwest, VIC

It looks good and is easy to clean… but

$48 Kmart purchase that stopped heating properly. Defrost doesn’t seem to do anything at all. Functional and user friendly.
The inside light works really well. Show details
Margaret D.
Margaret D.

Good value for money. What wattage is it?

Yes very good product. I have bought a few over the years Show details ·  1
Victor
VictorWestern Australia

Doesn’t work

I just purchased it, The microwave doesn’t work, the light is permanently on inside. I have no idea what’s wrong. It’s also unbalanced, my bench top is level, and can’t adjust it. Has anyone else experienced this? Show details
Thais Manfrim
Thais ManfrimSydney, NSW5 posts

Lasted 18 months only

I understand I paid cheap, and hence would be basic, take a lot longer to warm up, etc.
But it made me upset that it broke after 21 months. I saw other similar post about it(lasted 18 months). Seems to me it was just made to least a little longer than the warranty.
Environment wise, I am not buying it again. Show details

None
None

Hi - I just purchased an Anko 20L microwave oven from Kmart today & found that the turntable does not spin when heating a cup of coffee. Is this normal or do I need to return it & get a replacement. Thanks. Peter

Kmart   DM

We are sorry about this, would you be able to share more information here: external link  or call us on 1800 124 125 so our team can assist further.

Cassandra.
Cassandra.

What width in cm is it

53 cms

June of Balmoral
June of Balmoral

Just hoping someone can help me with info on previous question re sections of control panel not working?

Gilly44

I have no idea. Take it back or ring the help line

Kmart   DM

Hi June! Would you be able to share more information here: external link  or call us on 1800 124 125 so our team can assist further.

See all Kmart Anko 20L Microwave questions

Features

• This Kmart microwave is designed with 10 power levels, allowing you to choose the amount of heat you’d like to apply to your food or drinks.
  • 5 automatic cooking menus let you make foods at the press of a button, including: Potato, Popcorn, Pizza, Beverage, and Frozen Vegetables. There is also a general Reheat button.
  • If you’d like to make a food not listed on the auto cooking menu, you can cook food by weight.
  • There are 2 defrosting options: speed defrost and defrost by weight.
  • A child safety lock helps give some peace of mind if you have kids in the house.
  • If the 20-litre cooking capacity is a bit too small for you, Kmart also has microwaves in larger sizes, including 25L, 28L, 30L, and 34L options.

Here’s what reviewers thought:

Reviewers who shared positive reports about this microwave reported that it worked well enough for its purpose, while being good value for money. They also found it easy to use and clean. A number of these reviewers said that they don’t use their microwave especially frequently. It also appeared to be the right choice for a household of 1-2 people - but any more than this, and the microwave became a bit crowded.

The buttons can stop working after some time, which is commonly reported as being at the one-year mark. Some reviewers also noticed that the microwave took a long time to heat up food, which can be frustrating and inconvenient. These reviewers stated they regretted not spending a bit more on a higher quality microwave.

CategoryMicrowaves