Kmart Pie Maker

MPN: KP2838-FP

15 questions from our users

Sheila Schwartz

Sheila Schwartzasked

Can you buy the cutter I seem to have lost or misplaced it

Lorraine

Hi. You can buy the cutter on ebay for around $15.

Sheila Schwartz

Sheila Schwartzasked

Can one buy the pie cutter seem to have lost or misplaced mine use it soo often

Steve B

Steve Basked

It advises to pre heat the pie maker. Doesn't that increase the likelihood of burns when you put the pastry in?

Lorraine

Pre heat until the color on lid changes. I havent had any burning issues.

Elaine

Elaineasked

Lid on my pie maker coming loose

Lorraine

I would take it back to kmart and ask for a replacement. Check if any screws are loose first.

ava285

ava285asked

There are a lot of people cooking sweet things such as cakes and they can put their filling in for a while without burning whereas others including myself ours burns within minutes even without preheating before filling up the pie maker. I’ve read this is a fault with the pie maker elements heating up too fast is that right?
If so can I return?

Annette09
Annette09

If you have your receipt Kmart would take it back!

Cathy

Cathyasked

The instruction book says the pie maker comes with pastry cutters. Mine did not. Are there supposed to be pastry cutters included?

Susan N.

Yes there is. Just a single pastry cutter, one side is smaller than the other (top and bottom of pie)

Jennette

Jennetteasked

Can you cook just two pies only??

4 at a time! It’s so efficient

Bernard Jones

Bernard Jonesasked

We bought an Anko Pie Maker yesterday and it was terrible.
Burned the base black while top was uncooked.
Also burned the device.
Looks ugly and we want our money back. We live 45 minutes from our nearest KMart in Nowra so do not want to have to go back to the store. What are you going to do about it KMart?

teenaasked

What size pies do these make please? I dont have a kmart near me to check and it dosent say on website

Base 55mm dia.
Crust 90mm dia.
With slight heaping pies contain about 1/3 cup.
Two pies each with a decent filling like steak and kidney or egg and bacon and some spuds or chips is plenty for each of us.
One each filled with rhubarb and apple with a crumble top instead of pastry makes a superb desert (with icecream)

teena

Thankyou so much for the info

LizG

LizGasked

can you give the dimensions of the pie - base diameter, crust diameter and filling volume?

Judy Greig

Judy Greigasked

Does the pie maker come with pastry cutter if not what do you use?

darter

Yep, it sure does. Large side for bases and small side for tops.

Judy and Ernie
Judy and Ernie

FANTASTIC

Sharon K.
Sharon K.

I lost mine, can you buy more

noordei

noordeiasked

How many bases and tops can you cut from the squares of store bought pastry? Hoping i can do 2 bases/ sheet and 4 tops/sheet.

darter

You get 4 discs per sheet, so it takes 2 sheets to make 4 pies. There is a bit of wastage so if you want to economise it's only a matter of kneading the pastry and rolling it out. Personally I don't bother as 4 pies from 2 sheets still works out cheap.

Jess d.
Jess d.

I just slightly overlap the scraps and push them together. Works a treat

Firetail

Firetailasked

I used my kmart pie maker today and when it was finished I took the pies out and left the lid open to cool fown, however I forgot to turn the power off st the wall, 3 hours kater when I went to clean it to put away it was still hot, should it do that, stay hot even though the lid is open? Does it gave an auto cut off switch if the lid is open?

darter

Yes it will stay hot. No, there is not a cutoff switch in the lid, if there was then the machine would be cooling down whilst you were loading it. It needs to stay hot whilst the lid is open. I am in the habit of switching mine off as soon as I have taken the last pie out and then it gets a wipe down with paper towel while still hot. It is easier to clean that way.

Kathleenasked

I have a Homemaker Pie Maker which I have had for many years, but only just got to use it again recently as it was packed away for a very long time. It had to have the plug changed over as we now live in Ireland, but I can't find my pastry cutters, would anyone be able to give me dimensions so I can hopefully get new ones.?

darter

So they'd be havin electrickery already now then in Eire? Well I'll be guessin you'd be wantin the size of this cutter then. The base circle is 108mm or 4 1/4" in old money and the lid is 97mm or 3 13/16". If you can'tr find the right cutters I'd be taking a ruler to the supermarket, you might find tincans of the right sizes and cut down they'd make better cutters than the blunt plastic one that comes with the pie maker. Won't hurt if they are slightly bigger but don't go any smaller. Hope this helps.

Kathleen

:) thank you so much for your suggestions I will be sure to take a ruler with me in case I need it. I have been making quiches etc and cupcakes so Ididn't need the lid but hopefully I can do full pies soon.

Jade

Jadeasked

Can I use puff pastry for the base aswell as the top ?

darter

Yes you can use puff pastry on the bottom and we have tried both.
We have found the puff on the bottom is a bit tough compared to using short crust.
So we prefer to use puff only on the top but if you run out then it is ok to use puff on the bottom, just not as good.

Get an answer from our members and Kmart representatives