Homemaker Pressure Cooker

Homemaker Pressure Cooker Questions & Answers

28 questions from our users

Allison P

Allison Pasked

Is it possible to get a user manual for pressure cooker model MY-CS6006WP ?

Ash

Ashasked

How would I set it to slow cook meat for 8 hours?

Roachy

Is the slow cook not set for 8 hours already? If it has a + and - timer than push slow cook and then the + to get to 8 hours. Not sure what the new Homemaker displays. Try that for a start if it has those keys available

Marada H.

Marada H.asked

What does it mean when theres like 4 bbbb like that

Roachy

Do you mean bbbb displayed on the screen. There is no troubleshooting for that error. Are you having problems with your pressure cooker.?Not sure what the issue is or is there even an issue. Could you explain more please

Wesley
Wesley

It just means that your pressure cooker is keeping your food warm after it's done cooking.
It has more information about this feature in the manual it comes with.

Dane M.

Dane M.asked

can it saute

Roachy

No, the old homemaker did and the Living and co pressure cooker has a Sauté button but if the new home maker cooker has a Manuel button you can try that or any button will work like soup function, remove lid and let pot heat with oil in it and sauté with lid still off to get food browned and then cancel this feature when finished. Usually soup mode and some other functions take time to heat up before steaming so you could brown food before this happens and then cancel before it steams. We got the Living and Co pot this time because it has a manual setting and sauté and nice to use and pretty much the same price.

Sammy W.

Sammy W.asked

Does it have a saute/browning function

Roachy

The old design Homemaker did have that feature but not sure if the new one does. The warehouse cooker does and most do but can’t see that function on the new homemaker cooker.

Rebecca S.

Rebecca S.asked

Does anyone know what psi this cooks at?

Jill S

Jill Sasked

Slow Cooking function to slow cook Christmas Turkey Crown. Do I need to add any liquid?

Vilasha-christelle S

Vilasha-christelle Sasked

Hello where can I buy this product, I can't find it in kmart? Thanks

Kathryn Grant

Kathryn Grantasked

My pressure cooker does not have a + and - button so not sure how to set a specific time eg 50 minutes. Seems I can only use preset times. Any advice is much appreciated.

Roachy

Hi there I realised that your talking about the KMart Brand not the Warehouse Cooker. From what I remember that Cooker is preset to its own time eg 20 minutes and up. I found this annoying and so replaced it with the Warehouse Brand as this one starts at 1 minute and goes up to 60 minutes and has 3 levels of steam /Low Medium High/ and so this is a bonus if you want to cook Veges ect. What I did with the Kmart Brand is set to 20 and stopped the cooking after a couple of minutes or what the recipe needed for cooking. It’s a pain but that’s what I did with mine as it cooked 20 min and longer and over cooked the meal. Also stir frying meat/Veges (Sauté) before hand with lid off as this helps to speed cooking time and makes meals tastiest, then just put lid on and set for 20 min and after 2 to 15 minutes depending, stop the steamer. You get better at it. In NZ the Warehouse has the better cheaper Brand so if you haven’t got that then research what Cooker starts at 1 minute as this is ideal. I did love the Kmart Cooker but found a more practical Cooker, Even my expensive Cooker did not have this function 1 to 60 minutes. Sorry it doesn’t do what you need so you will have to do the cooking for it.

Marg

Margasked

How can I get a recipe book for this product as I have lost mine in a relocation and and keen to try some saute recipes?

Roachy

If you cannot replace yours then you can google recipes to Sauté and anything else you need to do. All pressure Cookers have the same recipes as they all do the same thing. I never follow my books as I just go on the internet and research different ideas. If you really want a book then go to a book shop and purchase Pressure Cooker Recipe Ideas there will be a lot of them.

wien

wienasked

why does the led display go from OH to IH on hold warm function ?

Roachy

You might find out if you google it. Look online for the Manuel it might just say there what those two functions mean.

Tina S

Tina Sasked

Hi, I would like to know if it’s possible to get a user manual for the homemaker pressure cooker - MY-12LS605A, thank you, regards, Tina

Roachy

If you cannot find a Manuel you can google this type of cooker and then print the pages or copy them to look at.

Sonia
Sonia

I can photocopy mine and send it to you if you like. Sonia

kelieanne25
kelieanne25

Tina https://www.kmart.com.au/wcsstore/Kmart/pdfs/41940884_Manual_Final.pdf

Tinnupbooey

Tinnupbooeyasked

Does anyone know how to use the timer? Also wondering if the + and - buttons are for the timer, or to allow you to increase the set cooking times? Have loved this cooker for two years but these three buttons have alluded me no matter how much I press them!

Roachy

The -+ buttons are to increase and decrease the cooking times and of course this programmes the timer to cook and then countdown. So yes they are to do both that you have mentioned. On my new cooker it starts at 20 for most things and it allows you to go down to 1 minute. But some other cookers starts at 20 and goes up.

Shaz

Shazasked

I seen to have lost my pressure valve. Was wondering if I can purchase one or get one from a faulty cooker?

Roachy

I have two other cookers and the valve is completely different from the KMart type. You would have to purchase a whole new cooker or ask at counter for a replacement which I’m not sure if The cheaper models have that option. Doesn’t hurt to ask. You might find a faulty cooker somewhere or old cooker that someone doesn’t want but usually people give away or biff them. I double checked to see if I had a spare but unfortunately I don’t sorry as I sometimes keep parts from old cookers that I biff.

Roachy

Hi I found that valve part if you are still needing it for your pressure cooker. I can send to you if you haven’t already found a spare one. Thanks just let me know if you do need it still.

Joanne Jasked

For some reason the instructions do not give direction on either using the pot roast function (how long, volume of liquid required etc) or ratio of water to rice to use the rice cooking function. Can anyone help with these questions? have had great success using the slow cooker function but would like to utilise the other modes too.

Roachy

For rice to cook perfection every time, the best method that’s worked for me is 1 cup of rice to 1 and a 1/4 cup of water, I do 4 cups of rice to 5 cups of water. For stove top it’s a bit more water but because the pressure cooker cooks in steam method you use less water. For pot roast I believe you change the valve setting because you do not add water. You may need to look that one up as I have not cooked a roast.

Joanne J

Thanks, Roachy. I'll give it a try soon.

Sue C

Sue Casked

Is the inner pot stainless steel or nonstick aluminium?

Roachy

If you’re wondering if the inner pot has some sort of non stick coating the answer will be yes. You can get stainless steel inner pot pressure cookers but you have to pay for them. I have an expensive Phillips cooker as well and the inner pot has a non-stick coating. The inner pot for the Homemaker does not last as long as the Philips but if you look after it and use the spoons provided you should get 2 years or more out of it. For the price you definitely get your money’s worth as we have had ours for two years and even though the inner pot is a bit scratched the cooker still goes well.

Miche Benja B
Miche Benja B

I believe I read this question in hoping to know about the pot it's self not the coating.... is it stainless steel or aluminum ?
Thankyou for the initial question!

JudyWem

JudyWemasked

I would still like to know how to cook vegetables in the
Home maker pressure cooker from Kmart ? The rice button is preset and does its own thing?

Roachy

To cook veges I would do on white rice function for three to seven minutes, unfortunately there is no steam option and white rice is cooked at 115 degrees and so I would add half a cup of water and set the rice option and as it’s counting down when it has reached its temp then switch off after a few minutes as veges steamed would take only 3 to 7 minutes to cook trail and error. Try 3 minutes and then cancel cooking and release steam after 3 minutes.

Roachyasked

Because it sounds faulty or you do not have the lid locked on properly and also check the seals Try turning it off then wait and turn on. Press cancel between setting cooker.

Sharon
Sharon

Yes that is my point. The product doesn’t maintain being fit for purpose and it should. The seals do not maintain pressure after little use. The lid locking is reasonable quality and hard to get wrong so that isn’t a problem. The seal quality /design lets this product down. No pressure equals no pressure cooking!

Roachy

The Homemaker pressure cookers we have had in past and today never had a problem with the seals quality design inside the lid, you need to return to Kmart or your retailer and replace before the year is up with a reciet they will swap it. The Homemaker cookers are brilliant and work just as good as the expensive one so you must of got a faulty one. I take the seals off once in a while and give it a clean and is easy to clean/maintain and never been a problem. Hope this helps

mcoates

mcoatesasked

Can you Brown sear meat in this budget pressure cooker. I've never had a pressure cooker before and have read in other reviews of different brands that you can.

Roachy

Yes, there is a Sauté method that works well, I use this function when I cook meat/vege soups(Jamie Oliver’s recipes),best soup when you sauté them first. Meat as well to brown just press Sauté button.

Mels

Melsasked

Which setting do you use for bone broth? How long does it take? Thanks!

Roachy

Hi there, I would sauté first the meat and veges in the cooker instead of roasting bones in oven and then transferring meat to cooker and then I would use the “Soup” mode for the highest setting, eg 40mins to quicken the cooking process and release the meat off bone, and then I would “slow cook” mode for 4 hours depending on portion as a Phillips Cooker it would take 3hours on steam and personally I think flavour would be nicer slow cooked opposed to steaming. When I do stews or similar I cook my meat on Soup mode for 20mins and meat is starting to fall off bone and then I slow cook for a couple of hours or more. You can try “ soup”mode for 40mins and then try slowcook for two hours then release steam to check if cooked and if it needs more then reset. I have never done Broth, trail and error. The new cooker has more functions so is easier to work out but not sure if you have new model or not as the new Homemaker has a steam option and not sure how many hours it has for steaming but if you do have new cooker then try the steam option as you need 2 or more hours of steam and keep resetting the time if it only has 1 hour or less on the timer. Or just Soup and slow cook which I prefer in all my cooking so much easier and I reckon tastier.... Don’t forget the Apple cider vinegar!!!

Get an answer from our members and Homemaker (Kmart) representatives