Kmart Anko Stainless Steel Slow Cooker 5L

Kmart Anko Stainless Steel Slow Cooker 5L

MPNs: WJ-5500E-SAA and XJ-13220B

Paul

PaulDarwin, NT

Piece of garbage, doesn't get hot enough.

Completely dissatisfied, what's the point of a slow cooker that doesn't cook? Only good for the rubbish bin... Spend a few dollars more for something that actually heats up. Piece of garbage.

Purchased in March 2020 at Kmart for $20.00.

boz

bozGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not buy!

I think i got one use out of this and now it wont go over 70 degrees, and thats on high. Complete waste of money. Defiantly recommend spending a little extra to avoid buying this twice.

Purchased in February 2019 at Kmart for $20.00.

What a piece of garbage

10 hrs into cooking and it still won't go over 80 deg celsius
waste of money and time it will ruin good food and your time
Spend the extra money and buy quality

Purchased in February 2020 at Port Macquarie Kmart for $30.00.

Slow Cookers

Find out how Kmart Anko Stainless Steel Slow Cooker 5L compares to other Slow Cookers

Tracy P

Tracy P

Does not heat up.

I bought this at Kmart for $19. Didn’t expect it to be flash but I did expect it to work. 4 hours on high and food was still cold. Avoid!

Purchased in May 2020 at Kmart for $19.00.

Pop-up

Pop-upBrisbane

Trialled This -- Not Bad!

Purchased in June 2019 at Kmart for $19.00.

ShazzaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

I wish

I bought this, hoping to put on in morning and come home to cooked food not burnt, way too hot even on low. It was cheap i spose you pay for what u get..

Purchased in April 2018 at Kmart Retail Stores for $25.00.

Michy

MichyQueensland

Great value, so easy!

Have had this slow cooker for about 6 months and used around once a week. Does red meat dishes really well, just chop everything and throw all ingredients in, set to high for an hour or two then lower for the remainder. Great result every time. Have tried a whole chicken on a bed of vegies and worked really well. The unit alone is surprisingly quite light, though the bowl is heavy, but nice enough to use to serve from at the table. At first I wondered if the lid was supposed to fit more snugly, but it hasn't affected the recipes. Simple to operate, for $20 I can't find a fault.

Purchased in July 2018 at Kmart Retail Stores for $20.00.

Tim

TimSydney

Burns food on 'Low'

Seems to cook properly on High but when you change it to Low it will boil and burn food. This should be discontinued. I bought this years ago but only just started using it recently, should have stayed in the cupboard! So sick of cheap stuff being terrible. You get what you pay for is a bad saying but sadly its true

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Melza

Melza

6 years old and it's still going!

Decided to buy a slow cooker so I could come home from work and have dinner done. It is now 6 yo and it's still running as good as ever. I use it roughly once a week, cooking roasts, lasagna/other pastas; soups/stews; rice pudding; curries; even Christmas puddings, and it hasn't disappointed yet. Highly recommend it. I think I only paid $25 at the time, and would happily get the same one if this one stopped working.

Date PurchasedSept 2012

Hello Kitty

Hello KittyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good Cooker but Very Heavy

The Cooker is good and works great but it's so heavy that I really hate to use it. It's also a bit small to feed an entire family and could come in different sizes like 5L, 6L and 7L. As for cooking it is SLOW as the title says. My casserole cooked for 6 hours ... and I'm just not willing to wait that long for a good meal.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Jasmin.M.

Jasmin.M.Melbourne

Love it!

I love my slow cooker! It’s easy to use and easy to clean! It does run a little hotter then normal so usually adjust cooking time to 30-60min less then normal and need to be careful as the outside does become hot during cooking but I’ve been so happy with mine and use it 2-3 times are week.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Nominal outlay for great kitchen appliance

One of the best value items I have purchased for next to nothing - no idea how long it will last but so far so good - easy to clean - easy to store - does the job as expected, I'm about to cook some rice in it, if the rice comes out perfect I'll be happy as I cannot cook rice to save myself

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Deb

DebARMADALE

A huge help

This product has saved me so much time, you can cook anything in it & the meals are utterly delicious. It is easy to clean , inside & out. I couldn't be happier with it, it so versatile, you can cook starters, main meals, deserts.....I'e even managed to bake a couple of cakes in it.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Eleven

Eleven

Can't live without it!

Best decision ever to give this cheap Kmart slow cooker a go, it has been amazing especially in winter, it has a low high and warm setting so you can keep warm for when youre ready to eat, so budget friendly cost $20 plus there are so many cheap recipes online that you can make with it.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Jay45112

Jay45112Innisfail

Lasting the distance

I use my slow cooker at least once a week, I don't need some wizz bang fandangle machine with multiple functions or attachments, so this slow cooker has been great. It does appear to heat up quite quickly on the high setting which I don't mind, its a good size and isn't to heavy. Very easy to clean and store

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Lily

LilySydney

Love it

Such a must in my kitchen. I love slow cookers and have had quite a few over the years. This Kmart one is pretty great. It has a low and high temp setting and cooks all my slow cooked meals super. Just add everything in it and leave it to do its magic. Slow cooker books are a good and helpful guide to go by that I get my meals from.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Jynx

JynxSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great slowcooker!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Jody

JodyTamworth

Great quality and value for money

Recieved this as a Christmas gift 2 years ago and it is still going strong.
It's the perfect size for a family of 4 (or even bigger) cooks to perfection every time.
The products features are easy and simple to use with one simple knob making it so great for a quick easy meal that you can start cooking at lunch and have ready by dinner with minimal effort.
Easy to clean lid and large cooking pot comes out for quick and easy washing.
Love it.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Mel

MelSanremo

This is great product caint live without mine to the point I ended up buying other one so now I have

It's easy to clean , easy to use , I love both of mine , caint live without both , I have a big family where I cook two different meals at once , I start cooking in the morning and leave it on high or low ( depending what's cooking ) and by tea time it's ready

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Samantha M

Samantha MAU

Essential for the kitchen

A slow cooker is an essential item for any kitchen
Perfect for the busy Mum or shift workers or even for poor time management
Easy to work and cooks meat beautifully and tender and juicy
Very easy to clean soak with water and it wipes off easily
Very satisfied with this slow cooker

Date PurchasedJan 2005