Homemaker / Anko Stainless Steel Slow Cooker 5L

Homemaker / Anko Stainless Steel Slow Cooker 5L (page 2 of 3)

Not a good slow cooker

I had two of these slow cookers and they both cracked all the way accross the sides and bottom inside and outside. My last one wasn't even 4 months old before cracking.

They were both gifts and ddidn't have reciepts to take them back.

My friend had the same one and her's did the same.

Also I noticed that it gets really hot while cooking things. Food is cooked way before it should be.

Perfecto !!!!

If your looking for a great slow cooker this is it , I received it last week in a giveaway on facebook , used it for the first time on the week end , super easy to clean , temp controls are very responsive , food tastes wonderful with all the favours you would expect from a perfect slow cooker

Date PurchasedAug 2017

$20 from kmart and it hasn't burned the house down once

What can I say. You put raw food inside this thing, turn it on for a few days and when you take it out everything is all mushy and awesome for my toothless mouth. It hasn't burnt the house down once and doesn't even smell funny. Did I mention it was $20

My favourite appliance

I love this slow cooker. Has 2 heat settings and a keep warm setting. Chuck everything in that the start of the day and let it cook itself. Soo easy go clean as its porcelin nothing really sticks to it. I love how big it is, can cook a whole roast to feed the whole family. My favourite appliance!!!

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Finally a slow cooker that cooks as I expect it to.

After years with a Russell Hobbs 6.5 litre slow cooker that never cooked meat that came out tender, I decided to try the K Mart 5 litre cooker based largely on previous reviews. I am absolutely delighted that the corned beef I cooked was tender and very tasty. It goes to show that you don't have to spend up large to get a good slow cooker. It is very easy to use with simple features. I did do an initial "dry run" as recommended in the booklet, putting 2 cups of water in on high for 1/2 an hour to get rid of any new smells that eminate. Now I finally feel confident to cook tender stews and casseroles in this slow cooker and will even venture into other recipes as well. Thank you K Mart!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Couldn't live without it

It is cheap, big enough to feed our family and easy to use.

I have no complaints about this item and couldn't work my full time job and run my own business without it.

Considering its price, I would not think twice about purchasing any other brands.

I have had it a few months and it still works beautifully.

Awsome

I've had mine for 1 years and its still going strong. I love my slow cooker and can live with out it.. If you want a slow cooker with good life span. Modern appearance and cost efficient then you can complain with this kmart microwave. . From memory i payed about $60

Date PurchasedJan 2016

LOVE THIS SLOW COOKER

I am very happy with results.
I use this often mostly because I need to eat when I get home from work and it is too late to cook when I get home.
This is great I am very happy with the features. Very simple to use. I even brought one for my brother.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Complete waste of money

Its been on high for the last two hours and the pot is warm and the water lukewarm. Since i just purchased 30 bucks worth of meat to cook I guess its going to the dogs! This is my first time using it but Im familiar with slow cookers. Its useless!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Super cheap and good

For $20, you cannot expect more. I was hosting my wedding ceremony at my backyard and was looking to get catering trays which cost like $100 each. That's when i walk pass this amazing slow cooker. Not only it has an incredible holding power of 5 litres, it actually doesn't look like a $20 product.

I immediately purchased 5 of these in preparation for the wedding.

It takes a while to heat up but overall it a great buy. I gave away 4 of them to my relative who came for the wedding and they were really happy with it when they started using it and asked me to sent more back to my home country.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Good simple slow cooker

I use this slow cooker at least twice a week.

There is not much to it and has simple controls (Low, High and Warm) but over all it does the simple job of a slow cooker. we use this for our family meals during the week and I also use it for meal prep for lunches for the work week.

Cooks really well and is easy to clean.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Seriously a great buy. What more do you need? Cheap and works perfectly. Simple, but efficient!

I couldn't recommend this more highly. We have now had ours for over 3 years, and it is still working, no issues whatsoever. We use it probably once a week on average, year round. Sometimes more. It's such a great cheap option but does the job perfectly, with three settings - low, high, and auto. It's all you need. Basic but good. I would definitely get this again next time mine dies.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Love this slow cooker!

Very happy with the cooking results. Is easy to clean. The inner cooking bowl is not too heavy. I have had two other slow cookers and this is the best by far in terms of cooking results, ease of cleaning and appearance. It's also very strong. I dropped the glass lid on a wooden floor fully expecting it to break but it was fine. I love the weight of the dish inside because I can easily lift it out to cool down and then transfer it to the fridge. I definitely wouldn't bother spending any more than the cost of this product as I cannot imagine any other product doing a better job or looking any better. So unless you love to see brand names on your bench tops (I hate them!) you will love this product!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

It is perfect!

It is beyond amazing and I am beyond satisfied with the cooking results. Cleaning was easy, no difficulties at all. Good material! It won't spoil easily. It comes with a relatively satisfying features for a low price. The features it has was enough to cook up a meal with no difficulties.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

what a bargain

I was reluctant to purchase this extremely well priced terrific product it cooks great it is very easy to clean it has warranty and if it breaks out of warranty I would still be happy as it has cooked me many delicious meals to date
it was very cheap so it is easy to replace you can not go wrong

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Good with a few failures

Bought this slow cooker from Kmart last winter.
As I had seen many people on social media rave about many slow cooker recipes, I decided to buy a slow cooker to try out, so I only wanted something small and cheap.
This slow cooker seems to cook in half the amount it's supposed too. If it's an 8 hour cook, it'll be well done by 4 hours. The outside of the product gets very hot to touch also.
As it does heat up very quick the sauce starts to dry out and stick/burn to the edges of the pot which can destroy the taste of the meal and also makes it quite hard to clean up afterwards.
As I do find this problem, I have just adjusted the cook time but means I have to keep an eye on it which goes against a slow cooked meal I guess. I have used it numerous times still but will be upgrading In the near future.
I wouldn't recommend this product as it doesn't slow cook a meal like it's supposed too.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Tried, tested, returned

Ok, so the product was cheap. I purchased this from Kmart, knowing that it was extremely cheap. The product looks ok, however each meal i cooked in it had that 'electric hot plate' smell. I decided it was easier to just return it to Kmart. I have not tried other slow cookers, nor do i wish to now.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Cheap but does the job!

I purchased this homemaker slow cooker recently as I wanted to try and slow cook a roast!
I put a leg of lamb in and it took around 6 hours to cook! It does the job perfectly, however be careful not to buy a roast that may be too long as the lid will not sit on top properly and the food will not cook. Great for the price!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

the workhorse of my kitchen cant do without it

I purchased this from K-Mart over a year ago and use it every week. It is a great size, able to easily accommodate the largest of whole chickens, or huge amounts of ingredients.

The bowl is really sturdy and has a good heavy feel. The heat transfers evenly throughout and it is really easy to clean. The weight can be surprising, especially when it is full, so always make sure you have plenty of space to put it down. It will retain heat for a considerable amount of time after it is removed from the base.

The two heat settings are more than enough. I have found that the high setting is very powerful so i reduce my cooking times when using it.

for only $20, this is the best value out there

Date PurchasedJun 2016

slow cooking can't be better

I have a Homemaker slow cooker which I use at least 2-3 times a week, it is about 4 years old but no matter what you put in it, it, comes out cooked to perfection even the cheapest cuts of meat with or without bone falls off the bone. This homemaker slow cooker is not expensive to buy but it makes life easier it only takes a wipe out to clean and most slow cookers inserts come out which makes it safer when cleaning. Soups, Rice's Stews, Casseroles can be made the night before put on low by morning it's nearly done, it just hard to keep everyone waiting till dinner time, Learn to cook with a slow cooker and you will never look back. some brands are more expensive but if beginning go for something cheaper then maybe upgrade If You want TO.

Date PurchasedDec 2013