3.3

HTon

HTonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Really slow moving company

Great Customer Service

The setting up of my loan with my broker was great. He was very thorough and informative, available for any query and followed up with the bank for any issues that arose.

Homestar F.Homestar Finance

Good systems make refinance easier

Friendly customer service, quite fast processing in Covid conditions. Very pleased with settlement electronically and verification of identity processes. Lender is much less formal and difficult than major banks. Would recommend - good service combined with very good interest rate.

Loan Start DateMay 2020
Home Loans

Find out how Homestar Finance compares to other Home Loans

Garry

GarrySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

My home loan recently settled with Homestar/Origin. This is my 2nd home loan with Homestar and I can’t thank enough to Rick and Ash for a very competitive rate. Some delays which are expected I guess but overall very happy with the process.

Loan Start DateApril 2020
Homestar F.Homestar Finance

The team were very helpful with very comparative interest rates. The process was easy and funding came through promptly!

The team were very helpful with very comparative interest rates when financing the purchase of my new home. I and my husband were living in different locations but the process was made simple. It was quite easy and funding came through promptly!

Loan Start DateFebruary 2020
Bronwyn Waters
Bronwyn Waters

[Personal Details Removed]

Homestar F.Homestar Finance

Thanks Bronwyn, I've requested review.com to remove your personal details as this is a public website.

Lauren Riley

Lauren RileyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

DO NOT USE homestar.

Terrible customer service. No one phones you back. Call Centre phones by work 5 times to verify my employment. Wrong amount put on letter of offer (twice). We have been lied to

Homestar F.Homestar Finance

Competitive interest rate and great customer service

Homestar F.Homestar Finance

Great service and interest rates!

I was pushed to the limit with my mortgage to afford the house I wanted and I called HomeStar and spoke with Carolyn Gibson who was really clear and helped me get over the line. After the offer was accepted I dealt with Jenny Hampshire who dealt with me like I was a colleague or friend rather than a bank customer. The interest rates at Homestar are unbelievable and they pass on the interest rate cuts straight away not like my previous banks who took their time and passed on only a percentage of the full rate cut. Five stars!

Loan Start DateAugust 2019

ButchSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great interest rate need to improve their contact turn around times

Loan Start DateApril 2019
Butch

I don't have the ability to write a private message.

Home Loans

Find out how Homestar Finance compares to other Home Loans

Ness

NessMelbourne

Nothing they said was true

IdaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible Customer Service

Loan Start DateJanuary 2019
Ida

How do I pm you without having my contact details published? Ida

rsasked

Hi Homestar,

I would like to know if you give owner occupied home loan for IT Contractors working on ABN from more than 2 years and previously worked in Permanent PAYG role for several years. With 20% home deposit.

Regards

Hi rs,

Could you please private message us with your full name and contact mobile number? To private message, hover your mouse over our logo (in our response to you) and you will have to option to message. This is a private message.

Once we have your details, we'll be able to give you a call, and discuss further with you.

Sent you private message

Niroj K.

Niroj K.asked

Current cash back offer upto 1500 dollar? What is the minimum cash back offer guaranteed out of 1500 dollar and how will we get this amount in our account? Is that after settlement of loan or before? Thanks

Hi Niroj K.,

I hope the below answers all your questions:

Eligibility Criteria for Cash Back
• Owner Occupied Only
• Principal and interest repayments only
• Minimum loan size $250,000
• Maximum Loan Size $850,000
• Maximum LVR 80%
• Refinance only
• New Customers only (excludes borrowers refinancing from Origin Mortgage Management Services)

0-70% LVR = $1,500 Cashback
70% to 80% LVR = $1,000 Cashback

Construction loans excluded or loans introduced to Homestar by a third party. Cashback offer is only available for new refinance applications received between 01.08.20020 to 30.9.2020. Offer available on Star Essentials and Star Classic products for refinance, principal and interest loans. Only 1 cashback per borrowers initial borrowing with Homestar will be paid regardless of the number of loans involved. This offer excludes customers already within the Origin Mortgage Managers Network. The cashback will be available as redraw 60 days after settlement. Discharge penalties will apply if you discharge the loan within 12 months of settlement.

Dennis C.asked

Hi, I have a few questions:
1. I dont believe Homestar has a Mobile app for Android or Apple yet. When will this be available?
2. When transferring funds from a Homestar offset account to an external account is this instant i.e. via Osko?
3. What are the ATM fees when using your debit Visa card?

Hi Dennis C.,

Please see our answers below:

1. Homestar has a Mobile App project for both Android and Apple on our roadmap
2. Outgoing transfers are not currently instantaneous (via Osko or the like) and go through the standard inter-bank process. This is a project on our roadmap to offer our customers
3. Homestar has no ATM fees when using a bank ATM. The usage of other ATM's (e.g. in clubs or sporting venues) may incur an ATM Owner's fee and this is displayed on the screen of the ATM at the time of the withdraw being made. This fee is not a Homestar fee.

I hope this has answered your queries.

Dennis C.

Thanks for the response. For questions 1 and 2, can you provide any indication on timeframe?

Hi Dennis C.,

For the Mobile App we are aiming for 2020, and for instant payments we are aiming for 2021.

Get an answer from our members and Homestar Finance representatives