Sain

SainNew South Wales

excellent service and excellent rates

I had a great experience refinancing my home loan with Homestar from start to finish, I was grateful that this could be completed all online without the need to present to a bank. I was impressed with the service that John had provided me throughout the process, he was very supportive and responsive to all my queries. Homestar offered an amazing lowest rate without the ongoing fees.

Simon

SimonLaunceston, TAS

Attention to detail

I found Homestar personal , responsive and responded in timely manner to each and every query I had . Great rate and minimum fees . The options for types of loans are simple, easy to follow and transparent with fees .

Loan Start DateNovember 2020

Great Service and Rates!

I had a great service provided as a first home buyer. Especially, I would like to thank Justin Ho (Home Loan Specialist) who has been very supportive and responsive to dozens of questions considering it was a first-in-a-life experience for me. Thanks a lot!

Loan TypeSplit

Find out how Homestar Finance compares to other Home Loans

Cheapest loan on the market!

Very happy with the customer service and with every interest rate drop from the RBA you can be sure to get the same drop passed onto your loan. Highly recommend!

Loan Start DateOctober 2020
Loan used forRenovation

Thanks Charles for your help

I made the crazy decision to change lender at the last minute. The process from stat to finish only took a few weeks. Big thank you to Charles who have been taking care of my application. Charles has been extremely helpful thorough the entire process.
Once settled, the on-boarding process was very easy and well documented. I called and emailed Homestar once or twice and they have been very reactive and helpful.
I would recommend Homestar if you are looking to finance your house project.

Loan TypeSplit

Gaspard

Gaspard

Dealling with Mani Singh

Mani Singh was an excellent consultant, he was very patient with me, he understood my financial situations and he wanted me to just own a home. He informed me of every situation of the loan process and he assisted me to deal with the HomeStart loan broker. He was always encouraging me to just believe in myself and ignore silly comments I was receiving especially from the home loan broker. he was patient with me for more than two years until my home loan was approved in December 2019. We need more consultants with such loving and caring heart, you don't just look professional you look amazing in your profile and you make everyone feel empowered and capable. well done Singh, now I live in my new house because of you.

Sandhya

SandhyaSydney, NSW

Excellent Service A+++

Justin provide an excellent service. He was very proactive in processing my loan application. Justin and Ash both were very professional and courteous. Communication with Justin was excellent. Super highly recommended.

I am very satisfied with the rate that I have recieved for my loan.

Highly recommended.
Sandhya

Loan TypeFixed Rate
Loan used forRenovation
Homestar F.Homestar Finance

Great contact, excellent rates!

Dealing with Richard has been an easy process. Managed to get loan settled by the due date while facing many obstacles from current lender making things difficult. However, thanks to Richards quick action, response and communication throughout the process we were able to get settled before expected date.

Loan TypeFixed Rate

RKP

RKPSydney, NSW

Perfect service received from John and Homestar team

Perfect service received from John, he is patient, clear and knowledgeable, brilliant service and a pleasure to deal with. I wish you every success in the future, your an asset to the company.

Great service. No unexpected costs, costs clearly documented and due diligence in the application processing, The application process has been great, satisfied with the product and service. The team has done great work.

Brett L.

Brett L.Sydney, NSW

Helpful and friendly

Ghada was amazing throughout the whole process and was supportive of my buying a first home. She made it simple and explained things that I didn't understand without making me feel like I didn't know what I was doing! I'll definitely go back again if I get the chance :)

Loan Start DateAugust 2020
Simon Allen

Simon AllenSydney, NSW

Great interest rate

Richard got a great rate on my new home loan, good service too. Loan settled relatively quickly. This was my first home loan, so it was pretty stressful to go about, but it was made pretty simple, so that was really good.

Loan Start DateJuly 2020
Homestar F.Homestar Finance

Very satisfied with customer service

Great customer service! Jenny has been very helpful and prompt with replying emails. We had a hiccup before settlement but Jenny spent a full day to sort it out. I would definitely recommend. Contract was very easy to understand and didn't have unexpected extra costs unlike another lender I had a contract with.

Ramsey

RamseyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great customer support and overall service

Through constant support and follow-up we was able to finalise settlement in a tight time-frame. This would not have been achieved if it wasn't for Patrick's constant follow-up and reliable support.

Homestar managed to finance my loan despite the tough unexpected times we are going through. The interest rate I received was the lowest I could find in the market.

I am very pleased with the overall service provided throughout the process

dylanmichael

dylanmichaelCanberra 2600, ACT

A fantastic experience! Special mention - Rick & Ash

As a first home buyer it was daunting choosing which lender to go with, I did a bit of research and came across Homestar. I quickly found out that they offer one of the most competitive interest rates on the market as well as passing on the RBA interest rate cuts in full! Special mention to Rick & Ash who guided me through the process and were extremely helpful! I would highly recommend and I will be telling friends and family about Homestar.

skbmtravellerCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Overall happy with HomeStar so far. Would recommend to family

skbmtraveller

How/Where do I send a private message?

David

DavidGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolutely disgraceful service, never again

Beware if you decide to use this outfit. Their systems are useless. There are so many third parties involved as part of their process and none of them could care less.

The one shining light was I was very lucky to have a gentleman (Jim Kiloh) as my mortgage specialist and he was instrumental in getting us to the point of finalising the mortgage. Very knowledgeable, great communicator and extremely affable. The issues are with the third party back office systems in use. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Jim in a heartbeat.

Loan Start DateMarch 2020
David

DavidSydney, NSW

Best rates in the markets. Relatively straight forward and agile process

After shopping around for a while we found Homestar offered the best rate we could find at the time. All interaction was through email and phone, but Patrick, the home specialist looking after us, was on top of everything and assisted well with the process. We just had a relatively last minute issue with Lender Mortgage Insurance apparently added in the eleventh hour whne it shoulnt. It was not such and more a product of not totally clear wording, and eventually everything turned out as suggested, without LMI or any unexpected fees. If anything I would suggest getting the wording crystal clear, as in the absence of face to face contact total clarity is a must.

Loan Start DateFebruary 2020
Berit

BeritGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very easy set up.

We had a very good experience applying for our homeloan. Justin was super helpful throughout the whole process and answered all our questions.We are very happy with the low rates.

Warren

WarrenSydney, NSW

Refinancing With Homestar Ticks All The Boxes!

Great product with really low interest rates.
Great service during the refinance process especially by Justin at Homestar.
Only downside was refinancing process took a little longer than previously experienced with other lenders in the past.

Homestar F.Homestar Finance

Great service especially during settlement period

Rick and Ash consistently answered all my first home owner questions throughout the whole application process. When it came to crunch time(settlement after the Christmas break) I had consistent support from the team regarding lodging all the correct documents and escalations with the legal team to get me into my apartment ASAP. Being a first home buyer I bombarded Ash with questions that were likely out of her scope but she answered everything I threw at her and provided advice as required. 5 STARS WELL DESERVED!

PNB

PNBasked

How do I private msg you on product review to obtain my $30 voucher.

Hi Pritesh,

To private message us, hover your mouse over our logo in our reply to you, click on it and you will have the option to send a message. This is a private message.

I hope this helps.

rsasked

Hi Homestar,

I would like to know if you give owner occupied home loan for IT Contractors working on ABN from more than 2 years and previously worked in Permanent PAYG role for several years. With 20% home deposit.

Regards

Hi rs,

Could you please private message us with your full name and contact mobile number? To private message, hover your mouse over our logo (in our response to you) and you will have to option to message. This is a private message.

Once we have your details, we'll be able to give you a call, and discuss further with you.

Sent you private message

Niroj K.

Niroj K.asked

Current cash back offer upto 1500 dollar? What is the minimum cash back offer guaranteed out of 1500 dollar and how will we get this amount in our account? Is that after settlement of loan or before? Thanks

Hi Niroj K.,

I hope the below answers all your questions:

Eligibility Criteria for Cash Back
• Owner Occupied Only
• Principal and interest repayments only
• Minimum loan size $250,000
• Maximum Loan Size $850,000
• Maximum LVR 80%
• Refinance only
• New Customers only (excludes borrowers refinancing from Origin Mortgage Management Services)

0-70% LVR = $1,500 Cashback
70% to 80% LVR = $1,000 Cashback

Construction loans excluded or loans introduced to Homestar by a third party. Cashback offer is only available for new refinance applications received between 01.08.20020 to 30.9.2020. Offer available on Star Essentials and Star Classic products for refinance, principal and interest loans. Only 1 cashback per borrowers initial borrowing with Homestar will be paid regardless of the number of loans involved. This offer excludes customers already within the Origin Mortgage Managers Network. The cashback will be available as redraw 60 days after settlement. Discharge penalties will apply if you discharge the loan within 12 months of settlement.

Get an answer from our members and Homestar Finance representatives