4.5

Sain

SainNew South Wales

excellent service and excellent rates

I had a great experience refinancing my home loan with Homestar from start to finish, I was grateful that this could be completed all online without the need to present to a bank. I was impressed with the service that John had provided me throughout the process, he was very supportive and responsive to all my queries. Homestar offered an amazing lowest rate without the ongoing fees.

Darwin K.

Darwin K.Sydney, NSW

Objective achieved with homestar

The whole refinance process was smooth. The team from homestar had been very supportive and responsive to all our queries and most importantly, one of the lowest rate in the market. Just cant go wrong.

Simon

SimonLaunceston, TAS

Attention to detail

I found Homestar personal , responsive and responded in timely manner to each and every query I had . Great rate and minimum fees . The options for types of loans are simple, easy to follow and transparent with fees .

Loan Start DateNovember 2020

Glen Stephenson

Glen StephensonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Signup process is poor

I was looking to sign up with homestar, but have been stuck at the first step. I contacted them via their online chat support asking for someone to refinance my mortgage. The online chat person/bot was helpful and had a loans specialist reach out to me. Since that point in time I have been unable to progress and their rep ([name removed]<[name removed]@homestarfinance.com.au>) is not responding. I cleared my calendar waiting for a call that never came and since then i'm just wondering if he even works for them anymore.

It's not been the best first impression, and TBH, even if he does one day get back to me, I will likely go with a different provider that is more responsive.

Very disappointing!

I have serviced two mortgages for the last 8 years and ahead in one by 40K, they are saying i don't earn enough for there lending criteria, excellent credit rating, this is a joke!

Great Service and Rates!

I had a great service provided as a first home buyer. Especially, I would like to thank Justin Ho (Home Loan Specialist) who has been very supportive and responsive to dozens of questions considering it was a first-in-a-life experience for me. Thanks a lot!

Loan TypeSplit

Simply great!!

Dorene from Homestar is supremely supportive right from first call. She helped us and there whenever we needed help. She is knowledgeable about her job and cooperative. I am looking forward to a long lasting partnership with Homestar Finance. I will say same about Ash as well.
Thank you for your constant support.

Loan Start DateNovember 2020

Home loan

Customer service was good - helpful having someone to email personally
One thing that was kind of annoying was serial emails about requirements - I would rather be sent everything at the beginning eg. identity questionnaire

Homestar F.Homestar Finance

So far so good fingers crossed

Draal

DraalNew South Wales

Really low rate, 100% offset account (and you can more than one attached to the same loan)

Quick and straightforward refinance process (full process from first call to the settlement took 6 and half weeks, about 3 weeks for approval and 3 weeks just waiting for settlement).
no annual fee, 100% offset accounts and low rate.
the only reason I put 4 stars instead of 5 is absence of mobile app for internet banking.

PNB

PNBSydney

Excellent service and easy transaction

I write this review which I don’t normally do but want to share my very highly regarded experience in refinancing my home loan with Homestar and in particular my wonderful dealings with Justin And Ash.

I found Justin to be a consummate professional who was very competent, he made my whole application process for refinancing an easy and straightforward task.

I thank Justin greatly for his efforts and the Homestar team to make my experience with refinancing the way it should be. Straightforward.

PB

Jimmy

JimmyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Super Low Variable Rate. 2.29%

Low rate. $$$
Great customer service. Ghada was always there to help.
Highly recommend. Service with a smile.
Why pay more elsewhere. Seriously it's a no brainer. Why pay more with the Big banks?

Anirban C

Anirban CGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best home loan

I am with Homestar Finance since past 5 years and recently got refinanced. Ghada (loan specialist) was very cooperative and helpful. Highly recommended for home loan.
The customer service is very satisfactory and they ensure the process is smooth and quick.

Paul G

Paul G

Excellent Rates, Friendly and Prompt

Dorene was extremely friendly, helpful and professional. I am very happy with the service and rate I received and will be recommending them to my friends and family. Am grateful to have no ongoing fees.

Francis Greenslade

Francis GreensladeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No complaints

Our contact person, Ghada, was extremely helpful and made the whole process of applying easy. We were surprised how easy they were to deal with.
And it’s a very good interest rate.
We are very satisfied so far.

Francis Greenslade
[Personal Information Removed]

JunGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent to refinance with Homestar

I do decided to refinance from the Bank to Homestar Finance. Your rates are competitive and the process is straight forward. Staff Richard was excellent and offer great assistance with our application. Highly recommended Homestar Finance.

[Details Removed]

Julia T

Julia TWeston Creek 2611, ACT

Rates are good a bit sad we missed out on the cash back offer

The customer service was good, Andrew and Bonzon prompted me to finalise the paperwork regularly. The process was very involved so without the constant reminders to complete certain documents I would have given up. Happy it is all over and we are up and running. Online banking is working well and we are happy with the rate we received. We were even able to reduce the rates further when we refinanced two loans. Only down side is that we missed out on the current cash back offer which would have made the current experience so much better.

Leanne O.

Leanne O.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Happy new customer

I found refinancing with Homestar Finance so simple. John Davis made the application and paperwork easy and explained everything well. Their rate was so great and the whole process very easy. I'd highly recommend Homestar Finance.

Emma33

Emma33Curtin 2605, ACT

Lots of paperwork but we got there!

We changed from our previous provider due to the low rate homestar offered. It took a lot of paperwork to do this (perhaps to be expected when you’re loaning money) but they kept us informed as to the progress and we’ve now settled. Overall recommended.

Thanks Charles for your help

I made the crazy decision to change lender at the last minute. The process from stat to finish only took a few weeks. Big thank you to Charles who have been taking care of my application. Charles has been extremely helpful thorough the entire process.
Once settled, the on-boarding process was very easy and well documented. I called and emailed Homestar once or twice and they have been very reactive and helpful.
I would recommend Homestar if you are looking to finance your house project.

Loan TypeSplit

PNB

PNBasked

How do I private msg you on product review to obtain my $30 voucher.

Hi Pritesh,

To private message us, hover your mouse over our logo in our reply to you, click on it and you will have the option to send a message. This is a private message.

I hope this helps.

rsasked

Hi Homestar,

I would like to know if you give owner occupied home loan for IT Contractors working on ABN from more than 2 years and previously worked in Permanent PAYG role for several years. With 20% home deposit.

Regards

Hi rs,

Could you please private message us with your full name and contact mobile number? To private message, hover your mouse over our logo (in our response to you) and you will have to option to message. This is a private message.

Once we have your details, we'll be able to give you a call, and discuss further with you.

Sent you private message

Niroj K.

Niroj K.asked

Current cash back offer upto 1500 dollar? What is the minimum cash back offer guaranteed out of 1500 dollar and how will we get this amount in our account? Is that after settlement of loan or before? Thanks

Hi Niroj K.,

I hope the below answers all your questions:

Eligibility Criteria for Cash Back
• Owner Occupied Only
• Principal and interest repayments only
• Minimum loan size $250,000
• Maximum Loan Size $850,000
• Maximum LVR 80%
• Refinance only
• New Customers only (excludes borrowers refinancing from Origin Mortgage Management Services)

0-70% LVR = $1,500 Cashback
70% to 80% LVR = $1,000 Cashback

Construction loans excluded or loans introduced to Homestar by a third party. Cashback offer is only available for new refinance applications received between 01.08.20020 to 30.9.2020. Offer available on Star Essentials and Star Classic products for refinance, principal and interest loans. Only 1 cashback per borrowers initial borrowing with Homestar will be paid regardless of the number of loans involved. This offer excludes customers already within the Origin Mortgage Managers Network. The cashback will be available as redraw 60 days after settlement. Discharge penalties will apply if you discharge the loan within 12 months of settlement.

Get an answer from our members and Homestar Finance representatives