Sain

SainNew South Wales

excellent service and excellent rates

I had a great experience refinancing my home loan with Homestar from start to finish, I was grateful that this could be completed all online without the need to present to a bank. I was impressed with the service that John had provided me throughout the process, he was very supportive and responsive to all my queries. Homestar offered an amazing lowest rate without the ongoing fees.

Simon

SimonLaunceston, TAS

Attention to detail

I found Homestar personal , responsive and responded in timely manner to each and every query I had . Great rate and minimum fees . The options for types of loans are simple, easy to follow and transparent with fees .

Loan Start DateNovember 2020

RKP

RKPSydney, NSW

Perfect service received from John and Homestar team

Perfect service received from John, he is patient, clear and knowledgeable, brilliant service and a pleasure to deal with. I wish you every success in the future, your an asset to the company.

Great service. No unexpected costs, costs clearly documented and due diligence in the application processing, The application process has been great, satisfied with the product and service. The team has done great work.

Brett L.

Brett L.Sydney, NSW

Helpful and friendly

Ghada was amazing throughout the whole process and was supportive of my buying a first home. She made it simple and explained things that I didn't understand without making me feel like I didn't know what I was doing! I'll definitely go back again if I get the chance :)

Loan Start DateAugust 2020
Simon Allen

Simon AllenSydney, NSW

Great interest rate

Richard got a great rate on my new home loan, good service too. Loan settled relatively quickly. This was my first home loan, so it was pretty stressful to go about, but it was made pretty simple, so that was really good.

Loan Start DateJuly 2020
Homestar F.Homestar Finance

Very satisfied with customer service

Great customer service! Jenny has been very helpful and prompt with replying emails. We had a hiccup before settlement but Jenny spent a full day to sort it out. I would definitely recommend. Contract was very easy to understand and didn't have unexpected extra costs unlike another lender I had a contract with.

Ramsey

RamseyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great customer support and overall service

Through constant support and follow-up we was able to finalise settlement in a tight time-frame. This would not have been achieved if it wasn't for Patrick's constant follow-up and reliable support.

Homestar managed to finance my loan despite the tough unexpected times we are going through. The interest rate I received was the lowest I could find in the market.

I am very pleased with the overall service provided throughout the process

dylanmichael

dylanmichaelCanberra 2600, ACT

A fantastic experience! Special mention - Rick & Ash

As a first home buyer it was daunting choosing which lender to go with, I did a bit of research and came across Homestar. I quickly found out that they offer one of the most competitive interest rates on the market as well as passing on the RBA interest rate cuts in full! Special mention to Rick & Ash who guided me through the process and were extremely helpful! I would highly recommend and I will be telling friends and family about Homestar.

skbmtravellerCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Overall happy with HomeStar so far. Would recommend to family

skbmtraveller

How/Where do I send a private message?

David

DavidGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolutely disgraceful service, never again

Beware if you decide to use this outfit. Their systems are useless. There are so many third parties involved as part of their process and none of them could care less.

The one shining light was I was very lucky to have a gentleman (Jim Kiloh) as my mortgage specialist and he was instrumental in getting us to the point of finalising the mortgage. Very knowledgeable, great communicator and extremely affable. The issues are with the third party back office systems in use. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Jim in a heartbeat.

Loan Start DateMarch 2020
David

DavidSydney, NSW

Best rates in the markets. Relatively straight forward and agile process

After shopping around for a while we found Homestar offered the best rate we could find at the time. All interaction was through email and phone, but Patrick, the home specialist looking after us, was on top of everything and assisted well with the process. We just had a relatively last minute issue with Lender Mortgage Insurance apparently added in the eleventh hour whne it shoulnt. It was not such and more a product of not totally clear wording, and eventually everything turned out as suggested, without LMI or any unexpected fees. If anything I would suggest getting the wording crystal clear, as in the absence of face to face contact total clarity is a must.

Loan Start DateFebruary 2020
Berit

BeritGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very easy set up.

We had a very good experience applying for our homeloan. Justin was super helpful throughout the whole process and answered all our questions.We are very happy with the low rates.

Warren

WarrenSydney, NSW

Refinancing With Homestar Ticks All The Boxes!

Great product with really low interest rates.
Great service during the refinance process especially by Justin at Homestar.
Only downside was refinancing process took a little longer than previously experienced with other lenders in the past.

Homestar F.Homestar Finance

Great service especially during settlement period

Rick and Ash consistently answered all my first home owner questions throughout the whole application process. When it came to crunch time(settlement after the Christmas break) I had consistent support from the team regarding lodging all the correct documents and escalations with the legal team to get me into my apartment ASAP. Being a first home buyer I bombarded Ash with questions that were likely out of her scope but she answered everything I threw at her and provided advice as required. 5 STARS WELL DESERVED!

Qamar

Qamar

Good low rate. Process could be faster

Very happy with the service provided by Ghada Colton. The process end of the day was quite straightforward. Whole process could be made faster. I am satisfied with the rate that we were offered.

easy to do

Simple process to change lenders to a better rate, very happy with the straight forward process. Helpful staff with quick response to questions. Would recommend to people chasing a better rate then current lender.

Loan Start DateJanuary 2019

Ben

BenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great rate, all the features you'd expect

From first contact, my Homestar home loan specialist was helpful and attentive. The application process was relatively simple (a PDF document I was able to complete electronically) with all the standard attachments (statements, payslips, etc). The approval process itself was a bit lengthy as it was a busy period. The loan documents are were all handled electronically through Homestar's solicitors e-sign portal.

After settlement, the Origin Mortgage Management Service team were very helpful in setting up my online banking profile, which itself has a simple and clean interface with all the basic functionality you'd expect (although no mobile app).

Loan Start DateDecember 2019

Tu Nguyen

Tu NguyenIllawarra, NSW

Fantastic and low rate

Richard has helped us to refinance our Home loan to Homestar Finance today. I am really happy and enjoy the whole stress-free process. Richard is very professional and answer us every inquires in timely manner. I really appreciate and look forward to enjoy the lowest interest.

Harrison SteeleWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Thank you for making it possible for me to own a home at 20 years old!

Thank you Ghada Colton for your quick responses to any enquiries and all of the assistance you have provided. My dream of home ownership at my age is now a reality. The products, your professionalism and patience was outstanding.

Loan Start DateNovember 2019
Harrison Steele

As a Homestar customer, I can honestly say its true, the process was painless & simple.

Hamish

HamishCentral West, NSW

The best. Very impressed with the service.

A massive thank you to Richard Schroeder and the team at Home Star. its been a breeze working through this process. your honesty and transparency are second to none and if any anyone is reading this review i highly highly recommend giving Home Star the opportunity to help you with your home loan. Not only do they have great rates, they also are very friendly and welcoming. With prompt reply's you will never be in the dark as to anything.

Loan Start DateSeptember 2019

PNB

PNBasked

How do I private msg you on product review to obtain my $30 voucher.

Hi Pritesh,

To private message us, hover your mouse over our logo in our reply to you, click on it and you will have the option to send a message. This is a private message.

I hope this helps.

rsasked

Hi Homestar,

I would like to know if you give owner occupied home loan for IT Contractors working on ABN from more than 2 years and previously worked in Permanent PAYG role for several years. With 20% home deposit.

Regards

Hi rs,

Could you please private message us with your full name and contact mobile number? To private message, hover your mouse over our logo (in our response to you) and you will have to option to message. This is a private message.

Once we have your details, we'll be able to give you a call, and discuss further with you.

Sent you private message

Niroj K.

Niroj K.asked

Current cash back offer upto 1500 dollar? What is the minimum cash back offer guaranteed out of 1500 dollar and how will we get this amount in our account? Is that after settlement of loan or before? Thanks

Hi Niroj K.,

I hope the below answers all your questions:

Eligibility Criteria for Cash Back
• Owner Occupied Only
• Principal and interest repayments only
• Minimum loan size $250,000
• Maximum Loan Size $850,000
• Maximum LVR 80%
• Refinance only
• New Customers only (excludes borrowers refinancing from Origin Mortgage Management Services)

0-70% LVR = $1,500 Cashback
70% to 80% LVR = $1,000 Cashback

Construction loans excluded or loans introduced to Homestar by a third party. Cashback offer is only available for new refinance applications received between 01.08.20020 to 30.9.2020. Offer available on Star Essentials and Star Classic products for refinance, principal and interest loans. Only 1 cashback per borrowers initial borrowing with Homestar will be paid regardless of the number of loans involved. This offer excludes customers already within the Origin Mortgage Managers Network. The cashback will be available as redraw 60 days after settlement. Discharge penalties will apply if you discharge the loan within 12 months of settlement.

Get an answer from our members and Homestar Finance representatives