Manav

ManavSydney, NSW

Excellent rate and great customer service

Great interest rate, no hidden fee. Property valuation fee was covered by lender. I refinanced my first loan with Homestar in Dec 2018. They passed all 4 rate cuts by RBA 100% since then. Now I have refinanced my 2nd loan with them as well. Jenny H was great to deal with, whole process was so smooth. I strongly recommend this lender.

Loan TypeFixed Rate

sal b.

sal b.Sydney, NSW

Great Service and excellent Interest Rates

Richard and the Homestar team were great! The process was easy and Richard was always available for questions and to give a helping hand. Competitive interest and excellent customer service, couldn't ask for more

Bec

BecVictoria

Don't do loans for certain postcodes

I requested a call to refinance our 2 investment properties and was just told that one of my properties is in a postcode that Homestar can't service. When I enquired as to the reason for this, I was told that is confidential from their end. I find it difficult to understand what difference this would make to my ability to service the loan. The value of my properties is only 75% of the loan.

Home Loans

Find out how Homestar Finance compares to other Home Loans

Kap

KapSydney, NSW

Good help,and make it on time.

Great customer service specially my application period is in The Middle Of financial crises.
The loan specialist help me go through all step by step.
Finally we can make it on time.
Well done .

Loan Start DateApril 2020

HandN

HandNGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Refinancing & Investment property acquisition

brownbagSouthwest, VIC

Great experience lending with homestar

I've now used Homestar twice and would go back to them again if possible. They made the process easy and were efficient all the way. My loan specialist worked very hard to ensure that all was done in time, even coping with our change of plans.
Homestar are not as able to take into account business circumstances and partnerships as some lenders but if you have a simple setup you'll get great service, and all the basic benefits that you need (offset, redraw) without paying a premium in interest.

Loan Start DateFebruary 2020

Anwar

AnwarSydney, NSW

I had a very good experience with Homestar from start to finish. It’s not a terribly fast process -getting a home loan online- but it was easy and there was always help when required.

Loan Start DateJanuary 2020

Imran Karim

Imran KarimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cheap & reliable lender, highly recommend them.

Jon

Jon

Good rates. Professional service and transparent costs.

Jenny from Homestar has set up both an owner occupier and investment loan with Homestar. She has also assisted with pre-approval for other possible investment options. Very friendly and professional. Homestar Rates are competitive. The costs are transparent up front. Online banking easy to set up and use, customer service easily accessible by phone and email and responsive. Setting up a home loan is still a lengthly/complex process, however can highly recommend HomeStar. The lending criteria may be more stringent, but the lower rates will be worth it.

Home Loans

Find out how Homestar Finance compares to other Home Loans

huyha123

huyha123Sydney, NSW

Great rates and services

I am very happy I choose Homestar Finance with special thanks to Jim Kiloh who has helped to make a very complicated process to be as easy and simple as possible. During the process, I also received the full rate cut even though the loan is not settled yet. Jim has provided some good recommendations for my finance situation, which never provided by other banks I dealt with. Now that the loans are settled, I can confirm that I have the best rates on the market with really good services.

Loan Start DateNovember 2019
Kristian

KristianHobart, TAS

Amazing rate

Jenny helped us through the process of organising our investment loan. She was very easy to deal with and quick to respond to any queries we had. Why would you go with the big 4 when you can get such a great rate and service with Homestar!

Homestar F.Homestar Finance

Personalized service from dedicated loan specialist

I could not be happier with the our dedicated loan specialist. Although the process is long there is not a company I would rather go through to get this completed. Great rates and features, why would you go with a big 4 bank when the service or features is not any better.

Meilee C.

Meilee C.Sydney, NSW

Highly Recommend Homestar

Wow, why didn't I do this sooner! Rick and Ash were amazing through out the process. I had two loans to refinance and thanks to Rick and Ash everything has now been settled. Both Rick and Ash kept me informed through out the process, answered all my questions in a timely manner and nothing was too much trouble. I highly recommend Homestar's services to anyone considering them. Homestar's interest rate is also very competitive which means I can put more money on my loans now instead of paying additional interest to the big four banks who seem to be the slowest to pass on any savings from rate cuts. If you are considering Homestar for your banking needs, you will not regret the move :)

Brijesh Patel

Brijesh PatelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Homestar is really star

rsasked

Hi Homestar,

I would like to know if you give owner occupied home loan for IT Contractors working on ABN from more than 2 years and previously worked in Permanent PAYG role for several years. With 20% home deposit.

Regards

Hi rs,

Could you please private message us with your full name and contact mobile number? To private message, hover your mouse over our logo (in our response to you) and you will have to option to message. This is a private message.

Once we have your details, we'll be able to give you a call, and discuss further with you.

Sent you private message

Niroj K.

Niroj K.asked

Current cash back offer upto 1500 dollar? What is the minimum cash back offer guaranteed out of 1500 dollar and how will we get this amount in our account? Is that after settlement of loan or before? Thanks

Hi Niroj K.,

I hope the below answers all your questions:

Eligibility Criteria for Cash Back
• Owner Occupied Only
• Principal and interest repayments only
• Minimum loan size $250,000
• Maximum Loan Size $850,000
• Maximum LVR 80%
• Refinance only
• New Customers only (excludes borrowers refinancing from Origin Mortgage Management Services)

0-70% LVR = $1,500 Cashback
70% to 80% LVR = $1,000 Cashback

Construction loans excluded or loans introduced to Homestar by a third party. Cashback offer is only available for new refinance applications received between 01.08.20020 to 30.9.2020. Offer available on Star Essentials and Star Classic products for refinance, principal and interest loans. Only 1 cashback per borrowers initial borrowing with Homestar will be paid regardless of the number of loans involved. This offer excludes customers already within the Origin Mortgage Managers Network. The cashback will be available as redraw 60 days after settlement. Discharge penalties will apply if you discharge the loan within 12 months of settlement.

Dennis C.asked

Hi, I have a few questions:
1. I dont believe Homestar has a Mobile app for Android or Apple yet. When will this be available?
2. When transferring funds from a Homestar offset account to an external account is this instant i.e. via Osko?
3. What are the ATM fees when using your debit Visa card?

Hi Dennis C.,

Please see our answers below:

1. Homestar has a Mobile App project for both Android and Apple on our roadmap
2. Outgoing transfers are not currently instantaneous (via Osko or the like) and go through the standard inter-bank process. This is a project on our roadmap to offer our customers
3. Homestar has no ATM fees when using a bank ATM. The usage of other ATM's (e.g. in clubs or sporting venues) may incur an ATM Owner's fee and this is displayed on the screen of the ATM at the time of the withdraw being made. This fee is not a Homestar fee.

I hope this has answered your queries.

Dennis C.

Thanks for the response. For questions 1 and 2, can you provide any indication on timeframe?

Hi Dennis C.,

For the Mobile App we are aiming for 2020, and for instant payments we are aiming for 2021.

Get an answer from our members and Homestar Finance representatives