4.4 from 421 reviews · View Details

4.5

Jun

JunGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent to refinance with Homestar

I do decided to refinance from the Bank to Homestar Finance. Your rates are competitive and the process is straight forward. Staff Richard was excellent and offer great assistance with our application. Highly recommended Homestar Finance.

Julia T

Julia TWeston Creek 2611, ACT

Rates are good a bit sad we missed out on the cash back offer

The customer service was good, Andrew and Bonzon prompted me to finalise the paperwork regularly. The process was very involved so without the constant reminders to complete certain documents I would have given up. Happy it is all over and we are up and running. Online banking is working well and we are happy with the rate we received. We were even able to reduce the rates further when we refinanced two loans. Only down side is that we missed out on the current cash back offer which would have made the current experience so much better.

Leanne O.

Leanne O.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Happy new customer

I found refinancing with Homestar Finance so simple. John Davis made the application and paperwork easy and explained everything well. Their rate was so great and the whole process very easy. I'd highly recommend Homestar Finance.

Heramb

HerambSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service and excellent product

I would highly recommend Homestar Finance to anyone seeking finance, Jenny was amazing to work with - very experienced, approachable and honest. She maintained excellent communication throughout the whole process. She helped out and contacted even on weekends to clear the confusion on filling out details on loan agreement. ---Lowest interest rate and no bank fees, excellent home loan product in market.

Emma33

Emma33Curtin 2605, ACT

Lots of paperwork but we got there!

We changed from our previous provider due to the low rate homestar offered. It took a lot of paperwork to do this (perhaps to be expected when you’re loaning money) but they kept us informed as to the progress and we’ve now settled. Overall recommended.

Shane parr

Shane parr

Great low fuss low rate home loan

I've had a load with homestar for approximately 2 years. Its a great low fuss low rate home loan and i can recommend it as now no problem at all

Horrible

Olga T.
Olga T.

Sure, how do I contact you?

sal b.

sal b.Sydney, NSW

Great Service and excellent Interest Rates

Richard and the Homestar team were great! The process was easy and Richard was always available for questions and to give a helping hand. Competitive interest and excellent customer service, couldn't ask for more

Loan used forInvestment Property
Homestar F.Homestar Finance

very easy process- Jenny is a star ,excellent customer service!

excellent customer service, valuation is the only unexpected cost as we made an offer on three properties and previous two fell through. I am very satisfied with interest rate that i recommend with friends.

jonathan_soon

jonathan_soonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Service - Richard & Bonzon

Highly recommended for great advise and support through the refinancing process, although I was confused for some benefit offered, but it was promptly handled well by Richard. No doubt with great experience so far!

Vince

Vince

Great loan, great service

Refinanced my home loan with the Homestar Finance Star Classic loan. Everything was done by phone, online and virtual conferencing, taking 6 weeks from initial enquiry, completing the application forms online, getting approval, to final settlement. I had a dedicated and very helpful person, Jenny Hampshire, to assist me through the entire process. All the details were explained, all the switching costs set out upfront and with the bonus on offer at present the refinance cost me nothing and I gained some big savings. I did a far bit of research and Homestar loan is the best on the market at present, with the lowest variable interest rate, 100% offset account, Visa debit card, and no ongoing fees. Totally happy customer.

Extremely professional

My husband and I bought a house a few years back and dealt with Matt who was a pleasure to deal with. I was overseas but he was able to organise our paperwork quickly and followed up with us afterwards to ensure everything was okay. I highly recommend Homestar and in particular, Matt!

Great service!

Very satisfied with this provider so far, And great service provided by my loan specialists, Justin and Ash, always ready to kindly assist me providing all the information I asked. Transparency and punctuality! Amazing job!

RKP

RKPSydney, NSW

Perfect service received from John and Homestar team

Perfect service received from John, he is patient, clear and knowledgeable, brilliant service and a pleasure to deal with. I wish you every success in the future, your an asset to the company.

Great service. No unexpected costs, costs clearly documented and due diligence in the application processing, The application process has been great, satisfied with the product and service. The team has done great work.

Loan used forFirst Home
Homestar F.Homestar Finance

Excellent customer service and great rates

I had a great experience refinancing with Homestar.
From the time I lodged my initial request right through to settlement, the team were responsive, proactive and always able to clarify my questions.
The refinance went through smoothly and now I am receiving a much better rate than I was previously.
The cashback was also a nice deal sweetener.
Would highly recommend anyone looking to refinance to not hesitate if considering Homestar.

Kitty C.

Kitty C.Perth, WA

Great service and rates

Rick and Patrick were great guiding us through the whole refinance process.
The rate was very competitive.

The whole process was faster than I expected over the Covid period.

It seems that relenquishing banks are much slower to process. This surprised me as I thought the extra checks on new finance would be the biggest delay.

Vallers

VallersVictoria

Wonderful service!

Our representatives, Justin Ho and Ash Prasad, were professional, focused and provided excellent customer service. We were kept informed all through the process and knew exactly where we were and what we needed to do. The process was smooth and not as long as we initially thought it would be. Everything happened remotely and without a hitch. The loan rate is amazing at 2.19% and so much better than where we were. Couldn't be happier with everything.

Juan M.

Juan M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Service and Excellent Rate!

CJP

CJPPerth, WA

Great service and easy to switch.

Decided to refinance my loan after being with a big bank for 27 years. I was hesitant at first because I had been with the same bank for so long. But in the last year or so they had given me little rate relief. Once I decided to apply Jenny and the team at Homestar made it very simple to make the change. I ended up saving 1.35% overall which is very competitive. The whole process was explained and it was very easy to follow the progression of the application. Everyone I spoke to knew what was going on with my own and all did their part to make it happen.

Ruhyard

Ruhyard

Excellent mortgage with fantastic variable rate

Decided to refinance with Homestar and I am extremely happy with the results. I would highly recommend them. The rates from Homestar are pretty much unbeatable and I look forward to saving lots of money as I pay off my mortgage.

rsasked

Hi Homestar,

I would like to know if you give owner occupied home loan for IT Contractors working on ABN from more than 2 years and previously worked in Permanent PAYG role for several years. With 20% home deposit.

Regards

Hi rs,

Could you please private message us with your full name and contact mobile number? To private message, hover your mouse over our logo (in our response to you) and you will have to option to message. This is a private message.

Once we have your details, we'll be able to give you a call, and discuss further with you.

Sent you private message

Niroj K.

Niroj K.asked

Current cash back offer upto 1500 dollar? What is the minimum cash back offer guaranteed out of 1500 dollar and how will we get this amount in our account? Is that after settlement of loan or before? Thanks

Hi Niroj K.,

I hope the below answers all your questions:

Eligibility Criteria for Cash Back
• Owner Occupied Only
• Principal and interest repayments only
• Minimum loan size $250,000
• Maximum Loan Size $850,000
• Maximum LVR 80%
• Refinance only
• New Customers only (excludes borrowers refinancing from Origin Mortgage Management Services)

0-70% LVR = $1,500 Cashback
70% to 80% LVR = $1,000 Cashback

Construction loans excluded or loans introduced to Homestar by a third party. Cashback offer is only available for new refinance applications received between 01.08.20020 to 30.9.2020. Offer available on Star Essentials and Star Classic products for refinance, principal and interest loans. Only 1 cashback per borrowers initial borrowing with Homestar will be paid regardless of the number of loans involved. This offer excludes customers already within the Origin Mortgage Managers Network. The cashback will be available as redraw 60 days after settlement. Discharge penalties will apply if you discharge the loan within 12 months of settlement.

Dennis C.asked

Hi, I have a few questions:
1. I dont believe Homestar has a Mobile app for Android or Apple yet. When will this be available?
2. When transferring funds from a Homestar offset account to an external account is this instant i.e. via Osko?
3. What are the ATM fees when using your debit Visa card?

Hi Dennis C.,

Please see our answers below:

1. Homestar has a Mobile App project for both Android and Apple on our roadmap
2. Outgoing transfers are not currently instantaneous (via Osko or the like) and go through the standard inter-bank process. This is a project on our roadmap to offer our customers
3. Homestar has no ATM fees when using a bank ATM. The usage of other ATM's (e.g. in clubs or sporting venues) may incur an ATM Owner's fee and this is displayed on the screen of the ATM at the time of the withdraw being made. This fee is not a Homestar fee.

I hope this has answered your queries.

Dennis C.

Thanks for the response. For questions 1 and 2, can you provide any indication on timeframe?

Hi Dennis C.,

For the Mobile App we are aiming for 2020, and for instant payments we are aiming for 2021.

Get an answer from our members and Homestar Finance representatives